The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Bitter cold temperatures here. We have been in the -30s and -40s since Thursday night. Yesterday's high was -28C (18F below). Because it was nice and sunny and no wind in the bush, we went out snowshoeing yesterday. It was a frosty hike - any exposed hair and my eyelashes frosted up, but otherwise I was toasty warm.

Here a couple of pictures from yesterday's snowshoe.

mhon1js2ennb.jpg

pie2eefuj4b4.jpg

• silvianog
    silvianog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    berky06 wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone! Was doing so great and somehow got into a slump! Started around November and I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I want to...
    Was down almost 50 pounds and have put about 7 back on. Seems like I am either starving or not hungry. Can't seem to find the middle. I have to say, I am not as "strict" as before. I need to get that drive back! I noticed that some "bad" habits are slowly making their way back and I have to stop them before they take over! Why is it so hard to get back into the healthy mode once you have got on that slippery slope?
    I am still exercising and get on MFP everyday and log my food, but not as good as before. Sometimes, I log all day sometimes, I don't log it all. I just want that DRIVE back! I know it has to come from me....but darn it! It's being so hard!

I feel like we are in the same boat
  • leatia90
    leatia90 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    54 next month and ready to get off the rollercoaster and on to a more balanced life (and weight)!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Hope all the middle agers are having a great day. We had a snow storm yesterday so my boy and I took a chilly walk to get some groceries and then played in the snow for a bit. Lotsa Fun

We were supposed to get a bit of snow. Got very little and it quickly turned to freezing rain. No fun. But I could probably skate in my road.

I know that too well. Our ice accumulation wasn't that impressive here, neither was our snow. It spit on us and moved on. Usually we get a thick layer of ice that takes down trees, power lines, blows a couple of transformers, and makes a mess of things. I'm grateful it didn't.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Bitter cold temperatures here. We have been in the -30s and -40s since Thursday night. Yesterday's high was -28C (18F below). Because it was nice and sunny and no wind in the bush, we went out snowshoeing yesterday. It was a frosty hike - any exposed hair and my eyelashes frosted up, but otherwise I was toasty warm.

mhon1js2ennb.jpg

pie2eefuj4b4.jpg

winter is so pretty
    it's bitterly cold here too.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hope all the middle agers are having a great day. We had a snow storm yesterday so my boy and I took a chilly walk to get some groceries and then played in the snow for a bit. Lotsa Fun

We were supposed to get a bit of snow. Got very little and it quickly turned to freezing rain. No fun. But I could probably skate in my road.

I know that too well. Our ice accumulation wasn't that impressive here, neither was our snow. It spit on us and moved on. Usually we get a thick layer of ice that takes down trees, power lines, blows a couple of transformers, and makes a mess of things. I'm grateful it didn't.

There are days I wonder if the weather reporters and the grocery stores have a deal. Too often we get dire storm predictions that lead everyone to the store for milk and bread and the weatherman reports the storm fizzled out right after.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options

There are days I wonder if the weather reporters and the grocery stores have a deal. Too often we get dire storm predictions that lead everyone to the store for milk and bread and the weatherman reports the storm fizzled out right after.

It's a plausible theory. :smiley: Most of it has already melted from what I saw with my brief excursion today. Sidewalks and parking lots on private lots are dangerous from water starting to freeze as the temps drop with night falling, but after tomorrow shouldn't be an issue. I might, might try and walk outside tomorrow afternoon for a bit, if it's not too cold.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

mhon1js2ennb.jpg

pie2eefuj4b4.jpg

It's gorgeous. We haven't had a lot of snow here for a long time.
  • kristeldiannelim
    kristeldiannelim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just started using this app. It's nice to see that there are a lot of people like me who wants to start living healthier. 🙂
  • Fpmhome
    Fpmhome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    53 next week and empty nest caused a weight gain. Two of 4 kids weddings this summer/fall. Been here three weeks and losing consistently. Please add me.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    Week's been going pretty well. I have a goal of moving for as many as possible of my goal of nine hours a day. It's linked in with my Fitbit as well. It's not a huge movement required, just a tiny amount of 250 steps. I'm getting stronger everyday.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends that are age 50+ and active on MFP.

Looking for groups for age 50 and up too. I joined the group called 50+, Fabulous and Fit. You put your monthly goals and then check in on how you are doing. But, the discussion boards are not as active as I wish they were. I'd love for others to come join the group. Or point me to a group that is active for 50+ age group. Looking for an active group that utilizes their discussion board daily for a variety of conversations/topics.

I just turned 50. Single mom of a teenage girl and a live in boyfriend (2 dogs and 4 cats too lol). I was very active on the site a few years ago and did lose 50 pounds. I gained a little over 20 back. I am currently trying to lose30 pounds Jan-April to get Harley ready and feel better. Recently started taking medicine for high blood pressure and cholesterol. I would like to get rid of the meds or lower the dose by losing weight and exercising.

My ultimate goal is to hit the 100 club which hasn't been since probably 1987 or before.

I am strictly a calories in/calories out person. I do not limit any foods from my selections (or I'd just want them more). But staying within calorie counts usually makes me choose more wisely.

I'd welcome new friends and any suggestions to active groups.

Thanks!
  • deirdre5569
    deirdre5569 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Approaching 50 and realising I am in the worst shape of my life. I am aiming to feel strong again and stop hiding my waistline!
  • chrissymb49
    chrissymb49 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Physically I am 52 BUT I feeeeeeel 35! B)B)B)
  • wedspy
    wedspy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, 57 and trying to grow old gracefully :):) I am committed to getting fit and maintaining a healthy life style..
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Fpmhome wrote: »
    53 next week and empty nest caused a weight gain. Two of 4 kids weddings this summer/fall. Been here three weeks and losing consistently. Please add me.

53 next month as well. One child left at home out of three. There's one grandchild so far, with potential for more.
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @StrawberryJam40 , we have an active positive group: Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019 (not sure how to link on my phone) - come on over, not trying to take away from this thread, but the other is for '50s'.
  • Mackman99
    Mackman99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Long time MFP member who needs some new friends and a new start in MFP so feel free to add me as a friend. When in shape and enjoy running and I have done a few half marathons.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends that are age 50+ and active on MFP.

Looking for groups for age 50 and up too. I joined the group called 50+, Fabulous and Fit. You put your monthly goals and then check in on how you are doing. But, the discussion boards are not as active as I wish they were. I'd love for others to come join the group. Or point me to a group that is active for 50+ age group. Looking for an active group that utilizes their discussion board daily for a variety of conversations/topics. ...

... I'd welcome new friends and any suggestions to active groups.

Thanks!

You might try this group, but they may not be active as you would like.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group