Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Zumba shouldn't involve twerking. Definitely not a Latin move.

That said, I can twerk. It's a combination of control and letting go. Just because you can though, does not mean that you should!

At our meeting tonight, they actually said that the Zumba class we did Tuesday was not a "normal" class. They were going at a fast pace and throwing things in to make it fun for our "kick-off" meeting I guess. Maybe that's why they had some different moves in there that they normally wouldn't? They wanted to reassure us so we wouldn't be intimidated from trying the normal group class I guess. I'm glad they told us that because my legs still hurt and it was 2 days ago!

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Finishing strong! Thanks for a fun and motivating challenge!

🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

🌹🌹🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6,11,12)

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13)💐

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹🌹Nikki: pridesabtch (4,5,6,7)

🌹🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5)

🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)

🌹🌹 🌹🌹 🌹🌹 🌹Joan: (mytime6630) (3, 4,7,8,9,10,11)

🌹🌹🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4,9,11)

🌹 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 11, 12, 13)

🌹🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968: (?,?,11) 👌🏻

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Gwen beachwalker99 (3,4,6,7,10,11,12,13)

This was incredibly motivating and fun to see people cheering each other on. Check out all those roses our group got! Would people be up for another short goal challenge? I am happy to track this one if people want. Ideas for another one?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    k6r4fd3v2ba4.jpg
    @aubyshortcake
    Thank you so much for this suggestion. It was a great idea for a challenge. It really helped me stay in the green the last 2 weeks.

🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

💐 BOUQUETS FOR EVERYBODY 💐

🌹🌹🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6,11,12) 💐

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) 💐

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) 💐 more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹🌹Nikki: pridesabtch (4,5,6,7) 💐

🌹🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5) 💐

🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4). 💐

🌹🌹 🌹🌹🌹🌹 🌹Joan: (mytime6630) (3, 4,7,8,9,10,11) 💐

🌹🌹🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4,9,11) 💐

🌹 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 11, 12) 💐

🌹🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968: (?,?,11) 💐

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 (3,4,6,7,10,11,12,13) 💐

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @HEGoddard0928 - when I was trying to get pregnant, I read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It’s the science behind how a woman’s body changes slightly during your cycle each month. It helps you identify your most fertile days. Just throwing it out there in case it helps. Sorry if it’s old news to you. Best of luck. That can be such a heart wrenching process. 💕

JFT FRIDAY:
    - Stay green
    - Get some exercise
    - Dishes
    - Laundry
    - Start prepping food and clothes for skiing next week
    - Music rehearsal this afternoon
    - Make heart shaped pizzas for the family

💕💕Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! 💕💕
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    @aubyshortcake and @TerriRichardson112 I love the idea of the shamrock challenge! Maybe I could actually succeed at this one. Lol.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    edited February 2020
    Happy Friday! Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

My valentine of 42 years is on a golf course somewhere in FL with his dad today, so I'll be spending part of my day up here in NJ with two of my little loves and my mom. Tonight I'll pour myself a glass of wine and break out one of my decadent chocolate bars before picking up the phone for a cozy conversation across the miles. It's funny how happy this makes me now. (I confess to pouting - a lot - about DH's February golf trips in the past.) Perspective, I guess.

Yesterday was another mixed bag, but I'll have plenty of time this wekend to catch up on chores while my husband is away. Lately, I've found it easier to stick to my calorie and exercise goals than to keep up with my work and household chores. Not sure why I'm struggling so much with motivation. Maybe it's a bit of the winter blues. I'm hoping to fnd more balance in the coming weeks so I can relax when I visit my son over spring break in March.

Goals for Thursday, February 13, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym - √
    • Household chores 30+ min – X – Wound up going out to lunch and walked indoors with my daughter, then spent an hour on the phone with my sister before dinner
    • Grading/email/LMS updates –25% - Had to take care of some payroll issues, so didn’t get much else done
    • Online course HW (Discussion 2) – X – Didn’t finish the reading

JFT Goals for Friday, February 14, 2020
    • Rest day
    • Aim for maintenance calories and log everything as well as I can
    • Whatever I can get done before noon
    • Valentines for the boys
    • Visit my mom this afternoon
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

THURSDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :smiley:
    3. 5 freggies :)
    4. 10C liquids :)
    5. walk oon work breaks :)
    6. go to the darn gym :smiley: finally made it there!
    7. 6 hrs sleep :) 6h4m
    FRIDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. walk on work breaks
    6. 6 hrs sleep
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2020
    Recap R 2/13 ~ Only couple inches of fluffy snow, strong winds blowing it around, and feels like temp below 0F (-17C) so hubby & I both skipped the shoveling. :p
    1) Workplace lunchtime snowshoe hike? Rule is for "indoor mindfulness" if temp below 0. = Instead of snowshoeing, we met indoors for a "mindful eating" activity that was really good! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Lost track of time for a bit at work. Fitbit 8,926 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 33 floors :neutral:
    3) Prelog meals & snacks / net calories green / 14c water = Yay! Last day of challenge, without exercise calories & I ended on a good note. Net calories green :mrgreen: , sodium green :smiley: , sugar green :mrgreen: , fiber good, protein excellent, 11c water :(
    4) Complete testing for BC-CC (so close) :smiley: finally! / contact Asst. Controller for add'l info :) / draft APG no time
    5) Evening: bake salmon & veg :) / choir 6:30 :) / Sweaty Betty workout? :/ no energy / prep cards for hubby <3 / meal plan & grocery list :/ / other? nope

JFT F 2/14 <3
    1) Walked treadmill before work 3.12 mi 1:01 & stretched = happy me! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals (leftovers) & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Organize BC-CC workpapers / review docs/info provided by Asst. Controller / draft APG / usual weekly status reports (bah) / reduce inbox
    5) Evening: to-do's only if I feel like it / floss / retainers / NO ALARM for Sat. yay

Valentine Day Challenge net calories green = 5X (3,4,5,6,13) NO roses Fri. 7 or Sat. 8 or Sun. 9 or Mon. 10 (logging error) or Tues. 11 (uncontrolled evening snacking) or Wed. 12 (happy hour & totally guesstimated evening)

@aubyshortcake @TerriRichardson112 I love the idea of another challenge. Count me in!

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2/1/20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk 2/1
    Word for 2020: Persist