Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @mytime6630 I’m so sorry that the numbers are worrying. I will be thinking of you and hoping for positive outcomes from the biopsy. Big hugs xx

Thank you... you've been through so much yourself this year. Hoping you are doing better! I get so far behind on the posts to read up on everyone, but think of you often.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Lost my my post from yesterday! Not sure why, but I hope this one sticks!!!

Another New day! Another opportunity to achieve great things, one step at a time.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    03 Jan: 151.8
    04 Jan: 151.4
    05 Jan: 151.2 This is mostly water weight.
    06 Jan: 151.2 - 0.9
    08 Jan: 150.9 - 1.1
    09 Jan: 150.2 - 1.9
    10 Jan: 150.2 - 1.9
    11 Jan: 149.9 - 2.2
    12 Jan: 149.6 - 2.5
    13 Jan: 149.4 - 2.7 Upping the intensity of workouts, being mindful of healthy choices, and reigning in the snacking seems to be doing the business. Long may it continue.
    [/spoiler]
    15 Jan: 150.1 - 1.8 Water retention! Took my eye off the ball sodium wise.
    16 Jan: 149.2 - 2.9 Whoah! 😂
    24 Jan: 149.6 It’s been up and down the last week. But at least it’s staying under 150
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. 04 Jan: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas > 5 chapters per week
    3. 12 Jan: finished chapter 18, so well ahead of goal.
    4. 13 Jan: finished my 1st book: Will start the 2nd tomorrow
    5. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman
    6. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    7. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    8. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    9. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    10. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sat 25 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • Local shopping + browse round town centre🌟
    • Accounts 🌟
    • Laundry fold/stow 🌟
    • 15+ minutes HIIT🌟
    • 10 + mins strength
    • read Ch 7, Northern Lights🌟
    JFT Sun 26 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • de clutter bathroom work surfaces 🌟
    • Visit DED and grandsons 🌟
    • Laundry fold/stow 🌟
    • 15+ minutes HIIT🌟
    • 10 + mins strength 🌟
    JFT Mon 27 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • Prep for Monday Painters
    • Accounts
    • 2pm: Monday Painters
    • 15+ minutes HIIT
    • 10 + mins strength
    • read Ch 8, Northern Lights
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @Faebert yup, process is what I am all about right now. I have BIG goals but trying to focus on wellness as a lifestyle one small change at a time, with no deadlines (except that last one).
  • vermontrebecca6929
    Options
    @maryrobinson40. Exuberance!! TY!
  • vermontrebecca6929
    Options
    Still maintaining my logging streak. lots of noticing of where my calories pile on. all the usual suspects, but getting the feedback is great.

so jealous of snowshoeing on lunch break. I miss living in VT!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 @ZizzyBumble I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands' health worries. Hopefully they won't turn out to be too serious. Take care of yourselves in the meantime. Sending best wishes xx

@Snowflake1968 Please don't be too hard on yourself! As others have said, weight gain happens to us all from time to time. I'm up about 12 pounds in the last six months! The key thing is to accept it, not beat yourself up about it, and focus on the future. You may find that for the time you want to actually just focus on maintaining your current weight before getting back into losing. It's hard to make the shift from 'gaining' to 'losing' so maintaining is a nice middle ground where you can get used to the behaviours again without feeling too restricted - thus building your confidence and habits. If you listen to podcasts, I'd recommend the Half Size Me podcast. There is an episode called 'fight the weight gain' where she talks about this. I've found that really helpful and it seems to be helping me go back in the right direction! Either way, be kind to yourself :smile:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Kuhl50 - belated birthday wishes. Well done on staying in the green yesterday!

@ZizzyBumble - thinking of you too as you wait for those results. Hugs
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, am quite excited about the start of a new week. I have sorted out some childcare issues, have the house back under control after the sleepover chaos, and am finally looking more healed on the side where I had some infection issues. And I’m also quite pleased to have weighed and found out the gain is not as bad as I thought. Quite pumped now to get back to my fighting weight! I’m tempted to say I want to do it by the time I go back to work but I know that’s not sensible. It may happen, but I’m going to focus on the process instead and make sure I’m back in my healthy habits and routines by that date, rather than worrying about the number. So, goals!

Sunday goals recap:
    up and weigh, shower and wound check ✅
    Make pancake mix and lay out breakfast table ✅
    Laundry ✅
    Message childminder re schedule tomorrow ✅
    Email teacher reply ✅
    Tidy spare room ✅
    Thank yous for gifts etc ✅
    Walk with the kids❎
    Get school uniform laid out ✅
    Bed by 10 ✅

Monday goals:
    Up early, shower and wound check ✅
    Get kids up and ready ✅
    Empty dishwasher ✅
    Pack snacks, homework and schoolbags ✅
    Walk kids to school ✅
    Withdraw cash
    Gym and groceries
    Back by 12 for D
    Key cutters in the afternoon if time
    Laundry
    Bed by 10
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630, @bookmeister86 and @Faebert Thank you for your good wishes.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 27 January

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - I’m going to check out that episode of the podcast. Need to get ready for a maintenance frame of mind soon Do you like that podcast overall? I’ve listened before, but didn’t like it enough to get more episodes.

Monday weigh in:
    Original weight: 180lbs
    Goal weight: 140lbs
    Last week’s weight: 141lbs
    Current weight: 142.4lbs

Well, the scale went up, but I know I didn’t gain a pound of fat last week. I’ll chalk it up to water weight from some salty snacks over the weekend. Chips are my weakness.

JFT Monday:
    - Substituting all day
    - Stay green
    - Hydrate
    - Dishes
    - Dinner at dining room table
    - Pick up one piece of trash from the street
    - Get some exercise (won’t be able to fit in a walk. Maybe I’ll do a DVD or something.)
    - 🎶 rehearsal tonight 🎶

Hope everyone has a successful start to the week!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. Get Chromebooks. Meet with counselor.
    3. Class A: Story. Challenge books. Headbandz. Check literature notes. Homework.
    4. Class B: Grammar review. Headbandz. Check literature notes. Story.
    5. Planning: Critique stories. Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Call parents of students with missing work. Vocab next week.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Dinner: Soup. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z. 50 pages of It. Writing group
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow. Fold laundry and put away.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 195.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984 auditions 27-28 6:30.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. Alarm did not go off this morning. I'm super stressed and muddled. :(
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! How is everyone today? I'm doing alright. Super tired but alive. Lol.

So Matt threw his back out in the shower yesterday. It was funny but sad at the same time. Lol. He had to call out of work but he thinks he'll be able to go back today. So keep your fingers crossed that he actually can. Life's been pretty good. I did a couple instacart shifts over the weekend. One of them took 2 hours and was completely infuriating. The customer was probably really ticked too because most of the things she ordered was out of stock. But oh well. It was a decent paycheck so I dont mind.

Just gonna do some quick goals.

JFT, 1/2/20

-Water goal
    -dishwasher
    -laundry
    -write 2 chapters
    -bring keyboard/lunch/gym clothes/charger
    -pick 1 order, if available
    -GYM
    -actually eat my lunch!!!
    -put more k-cups in bag
    -call G to reschedule appt
    -call Aetna about wisdom teeth renewal
    -figure out dinner
    -JFT/Log all food

Wow...that's a lot of goals. Let's see how many I can get done. Lol
  • vermontrebecca6929
    Options
    @snowflake1966 I hear you—December I was unemployed, had a cold, and feeling generally like staying in bec. Weight gain, BMI up accordingly. What helped me was/is reminding myself that I HAVE successfully lost and kept off weight before in the recent past.

@Kuhl50 what a victory not eating party leftovers!!

I somerimes take a pic of food when tracking is unrealistic then use those to log at the end of the day or next day.

I’d like to start measuring & weighing portions during family dinner at home. I live with my parents & they know & support my goals, so it would’t be awkward
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Monday already?!?

Goals for Sunday, January 26, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit – X- Logged but over maintenance calories
    • Finish dinner prep (moussaka, tzatziki, and sangria) before heading out - √
    • Walk in the park – X – food prep took much longer than I’d planned for
    • Call son about trip - √
    • Dinner with my daughter’s family - √
    • Prep for Monday class – X – squeezing it in Monday morning
    • Pack gym bag - X
    • Reflection journal - √

JFT Goals for Monday, January 27, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Prep for class and make copies
    • Gym after class
    • Grade diagnostic essays
    • Prep for Tuesday classes
    • Reflection journal
    • Lights out by 11
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I keep falling off and disappearing. Truth be told, we are going to start trying for a baby and I think I just feel like I want to eat a bunch of junk because once we start trying I'm really going to want to eat healthier than I'm used to 🤦‍♀️.

To everyone waiting for doctor results, big big hugs 💖💖💖💖

JFT 1/27:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Buy groceries
    4. Cook dinner

Best news and we are so ready... Lots of 💘