HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 2/9/20

-February goal 😁
    -Laundry 😁It's still sitting in a bag to be folded though. Lol
    -Cook taco meat for lunches 😁
    -Prep some salads 😭
    -Dishwasher😁
    -Write 2 chapters😭 Only a half of one. And that was like pulling teeth. I hope I can finish it today and move on. I need to get this thing done!

How is everyone today? Well I hope! I'm feeling a little stuffy and have a slightly scratchy throat but that's about it. Hopefully it doesnt get any worse.

Nothing much to report at the moment to be honest. I was in the green yesterday though. It was the first time all weekend. I prelogged a bunch of what I want to eat today and I'm only at 850 calories so I need to figure out something else to eat. I'll see what else I can find.

Onto some goals

JFT, 2/10/20

-Februrary goal
    -Set up appt to get taxes done
    -JFT
    -Finish ch + one more
    -Bring lunch/keyboard/charger
    -Fold clothes
    -Log rest of my food
    -Empty dishwasher
    -Actually cook dinner!

Okay I think that's all I have for today! Have great day everyone!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Good morning! Didn't get much done yesterday other than cooking a fab Korean feast for my husband who loves spicy food. The ribs came out even better than I expected. Fortunately, he didn't leave me many leftovers! Back on track today.

@TerriRichardson112 - Would you please add a rose for me for the 7th? I was in the red the rest of the weekend, but I'm determined to stay in the roses for the rest of the challenge! Thanks!

@pridesabtch - How thoughtful and generous of you to see and respond to someone else's need in such a loving way!

@SERmom3 - That's persistence! Congrats on reaching your milestone!

Goals for Sunday, February 9, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit – X
    • Walk in the park for 30+ minutes – X
    • Household chores 30+ min – X
    • Get work and gym clothes ready for the week – X
    • Dinner with daughter’s family - √
    • Grading/email/LMS updates - √
    • Journal (set weekly goals) – X

JFT Goals for Monday, February 10, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym
    • Household chores 30+ min
    • Get work and gym clothes ready for the week
    • Prep for tutoring
    • Grading/email/LMS updates
    • Journal (set weekly goals)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I fell off again over the weekend 😔 but I'm back and ready to do this!

@maryrobinson40 oh that is so scary! I'm glad you are ok 💖💖

JFT 2/10:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Cook dinner
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Enter grades.
    3. Yoga & cardio.
    4. Record audition for SRC.
    5. Pack lunch and dinner for Monday.
    6. Game night.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. TALK WITH LAWS WINNERS. DETENTION TUESDAY. Check vocab list!!!!
    3. Class A: Check progress reports. Poetry Kahoot. Vocab W2D1. 4 poems total; include analysis paragraphs; add mood. Discuss challenge books. Promote YAF.
    4. Class B: Finish poetry presentations (MONDAY). Note parallel between lifting and poetry. Compound subject w/pronouns. Online practice with figurative language; for "how do you figure" include the intended literal meaning. Kahoot? HAND OUT PROGRESS REPORTS.
    5. Planning: Print Laws essays. Work with C in library on essay structure. Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Write blog post. RECORD AUDITION FOR SRC.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. DETENTION (TUESDAY). Cycling? Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Play practice 7:30 PM. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Monday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH. Note - when redoing work on CommonLit, students must ask to have the assignment unsubmitted so that they can see which answers they picked.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. My ankle feels a LOT better. I'm going to talk to some of the track coaches at school today to see how I can tell when it's okay to run on it again.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 2/10
    1) Bible class 8 :) / church 9 :)
    2) Log meals & snacks / net calories green / 14c water = Evening tiredness led to unplanned snacking on peanuts, unmeasured ~ ack! Guessed G/B/U for logging. Net calories -576 >:) , sodium -1,714 :s , sugar green :) , fiber & protein excellent, 10c water
    3) Make big pot of chop suey (dad's recipe) = Yum but high in sodium :neutral:
    4) To-do's: 2 loads laundry :) & put away upstairs / wash dishes :) / organize records for tax prep :/ / water houseplants :/ / schedule Home Depot pmt not due for weeks / other? light cleaning, digital decluttering :)
    5) Shovel snow :) only shoveled patio 1X (about 7-8"), hubby snowblowed/shoveled 2X & even end of plowed-in driveway after midnight <3 / maybe walk dog in cul de sacs? didn't feel like trudging through snowstorm = Fitbit 8,024 steps, 250+ 11/14 & 15 floors :) not bad for day inside at home
    6) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :( / retainers :( / bed & no tv 10:00 :) (treadmill M before work)

JFT F 2/11
    1) Walked 3.15 mi treadmill & stretched before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 14c water
    4) BC-CC research BLS
    5) To-do's: organize records for tax prep / water houseplants / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & no tv 10:00 (treadmill T before work)

Valentine Day Challenge net calories green = 4X (3,4,5,6) NO roses Fri. 7 or Sat. 8 or Sun. 9

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2/1/20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk 2/1
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6)

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹🌹Nikki: pridesabtch (4,5,6,7) @pridesabtch I'm using one of the emojis on my iPad 😂

🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5)

🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)

🌹🌹Joan: (mytime6630)

🌹🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4,9)

🌹 🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5,6)

🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968

🌹🌹🌹🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 (3,4,6,9)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    I FINALLY DID IT!

Congratulations! Good for you! You should be proud!

@cschmitz110515 Congrats on the Seroogy walk/run! Nice job! Hoping to be able to do something like this by summer. :)

Just for Monday
    1. Journal food
    2. Water, 80 oz
    3. Activity 30 minutes
    4. Mindful choices
    5. Self-care activity

WOTY 2020: Persistence

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Did HIIT w/out early then got engrossed in crochet project, so didn’t have time to do the chores I planned.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    February:
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    Mon 03: 150.1 Phew!
    Tue 04: 148.6 - 3.5 😍
    Wed 05: 149.6 😂 Boing! Boing! Boing!
    Fri 07: 149.1 🤞🏻
    Week 1 loss: 1 lbs
    Sat 08: 148.9
    Sun 09: 149.4
    Mon 10: 149.2
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores
    JFT Mon 10 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • Sort out dining room table—>
    • Change bedding—>
    • Download photos —>
    • 2pm: Monday Painters 🌟
    • Prep for Craft tomorrow 🌟
    • Latin H/Work 🌟some
    JFT Tue 11 Feb
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • Sort out dining room table
    • Change bedding
    • Download photos
    • 10.30am: Craft Group
    • finish Latin H/Work

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    TinaJija wrote: »
    Hi everyone , can I join and post my weekly weight loss. I’ve joined today and currently weigh 75 kg (lost 6 kg since jan)need to lose 24 kg to get to my ideal weight of 50 kg. My plan is to lose 1kg a week. I want to post end of the week on sundays.

WELCOME!🎈
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

🌹Aubrette (aubyshortcake): (6)

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

🌹🌹🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4,5,6) more weighing/measuring of food starting Feb 6 so more reliable 👍🏻

🌹🌹🌹🌹Nikki: pridesabtch (4,5,6,7) @pridesabtch I'm using one of the emojis on my iPad 😂

🌹🌹Tracie: PackerfaninGB (4,5)

🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)

🌹🌹Joan: (mytime6630)

🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4)

🌹 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹Jennifer (jschepp): (3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

🌹🌹Tracie: Snowflake1968

🌹🌹🌹Gwen @beachwalker99 (3,4,6)