What's on your mind?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    So apparently it was -30°C here in southern Ontario today and 20°C in Antarctica today...wtfork?!
    ...harbinger of some *kitten* up *kitten* on the horizon?

*paradigm shift*

Hmm, random thought...I'll bet property in Antarctica is dirt cheap...and are there any laws?
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    the world was a better place when Leslie Nielsen was still in it

The world is a better place because you’re in it.
  • mommabear4315
    My boyfriend reserved at a fancy restaurant for dinner tonight and I kinda just want a burger and want to stay home and watch movies.... not sure if I should tell him or just go with his plans.

What did you end up doing after all?
  • mommabear4315
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    So apparently it was -30°C here in southern Ontario today and 20°C in Antarctica today...wtfork?!
    ...harbinger of some *kitten* up *kitten* on the horizon?

*paradigm shift*

Hmm, random thought...I'll bet property in Antarctica is dirt cheap...and are there any laws?

I think the only law is the penguins decree. Huddle together and try not to freeze. Oh wait it’s colder where you are right now so I guess it’s safe to say no laws then.
  • mommabear4315
    No kids today, boyfriend is going out of town. I'm feeling good.. what kind of trouble could I get myself into today🤔 I may get dressed and go out, to the grocery store 🤣

Hang out with me and trouble finds you. That’s a guarantee!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Christopher Columbus what a SH anyways. IMO we shouldn't be celebrating a special day for him.

I'm thinking about running some errands but it's close to -8 F. this a.m. so thinking is as far as I'm getting right now. Just gotta do it, I suppose, can't leave all the garbage bags in the driveway now that it's hauled outside. :neutral:
    Argh.
    Where's my man servant when I need one.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    My boyfriend reserved at a fancy restaurant for dinner tonight and I kinda just want a burger and want to stay home and watch movies.... not sure if I should tell him or just go with his plans.

We stayed home and ordered some pizza. I had a glass of wine and passed out when the movie started 🤣
  • mommabear4315

We stayed home and ordered some pizza. I had a glass of wine and passed out when the movie started 🤣

Aww. Sounds like a great time! We were suppose to have Valentine’s Day dinner here at my house but we changed it to my sisters but basically we wanted to stay home as well. As the night progress we ended up being further and further away from home.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member

Aww. Sounds like a great time! We were suppose to have Valentine’s Day dinner here at my house but we changed it to my sisters but basically we wanted to stay home as well. As the night progress we ended up being further and further away from home.

It was quiet but fun 😊 I do wish I would have had the energy to get out but soon that will come. Sounds like you guys had a fun night ❤
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Christopher Columbus what a SH anyways. IMO we shouldn't be celebrating a special day for him.

I'm thinking about running some errands but it's close to -8 F. this a.m. so thinking is as far as I'm getting right now. Just gotta do it, I suppose, can't leave all the garbage bags in the driveway now that it's hauled outside. :neutral:
    Argh.

Many states don't observe the holiday for him anymore, anyway. They use it as a "teacher in service" day.

It does not change my original stance that just because the replicas are of his ships that we shouldn't be teaching history to kids and allowing them to see the historic replicas.

I don't do field trips to museums or historic places to glorify or villainize anything: I go to learn from the past so to inform myself (and my son) of things that were worth repeating, or things that should not be forgotten so we don't repeat them.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Argh.

Many states don't observe the holiday for him anymore, anyway. They use it as a "teacher in service" day.

It does not change my original stance that just because the replicas are of his ships that we shouldn't be teaching history to kids and allowing them to see the historic replicas.

I don't do field trips to museums or historic places to glorify or villainize anything: I go to learn from the past so to inform myself (and my son) of things that were worth repeating, or things that should not be forgotten so we don't repeat them.

Here in California it's Indigenous People's Day
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    I'm down for Amerigo Vespucci day instead
  • lifeovpi
    lifeovpi Posts: 121 Member
    Boredom
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Argh.

Here in Vermont, it's now observed this way too. I just feel cheated when all we learned from history books is not all as it seems. Facts are important, history is good but tell it like it is. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Argh.

Here in Vermont, it's now observed this way too. I just feel cheated when all we learned from history books is not all as it seems. Facts are important, history is good but tell it like it is. :)

History is written by the Victors 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I can remember from like 3rd to 6th grade my school completely cut history from the curriculum because the books were so out dated, the teachers flat out refused to teach from them...

That's Hayward for you 😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Argh.

History is written by the Victors 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I can remember from like 3rd to 6th grade my school completely cut history from the curriculum because the books were so out dated, the teachers flat out refused to teach from them...

That's Hayward for you 😂

History may be written by the victors at the time it is being written, but that doesn't mean that the truth won't eventually find its way out there or that each of us doesn't have a responsibility to learn both sides of a given subject on our own.

Columbus being an example: Many educators now don't teach that he was some sort of hero, that he discovered America (because he didn't) and instead focus on his attitude toward exploration, life aboard the caravels at that time and the state of the world at that time (that slavery, commissioning exploration trips and subjugating people you encountered in new lands was quite common for example due to every country trying to vie for new land ownership). I am a child of the 80s. Even we were taught he wasn't a hero. He crashed into the West Indies and was kinda a *kitten* human being, but.. for his time he was somewhat brave (or crazy) in traversing the ocean (the unknown) and going where others wouldn't.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I hate having an open concept house with high ceilings... you can hear EVERYTHING.& can’t sleep in peace.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    all day long........

ai0j6em5yu05.gif

Aww 😍.... I would totally believe that was you as a baby... Is she related to you?