30 Day Logging/Limiting Added Sugar Challenge

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited January 2020
    No added sugar yesterday -- 48 g sugar, 47 g fiber.

Today I will have some, however, as there is always cake at my office (dessert after office lunch) for some reason the Friday before the Super Bowl, and I've planned to have it.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    I had to go all the way to page 3 to find this thread...what the heck!! Anyhoo, I came in at 46 g sugar today...yay...I think I was 59 yesterday (I could look back & see but I'd rather assume LOL and you know what "they say" about *kitten*..u...ming!!) I had more fruit yesterday so there. No added sugar, but I did have dill pickles that had added sugar...I never even thought to look on the label when purchasing because they were dill...but they were Polish dill which may account for the added sugar...still only 1 g per serving...and I bought a fairly big jar so I will be eating them...till they are gone!! Hoping everyone is still in this or perhaps it was done Jan 31...LOL...here I am blah blah blah...ing and it was only a 30 day challenge....too funny!!!! THAT is why it was on page 3...oh well, I am posting this anyhoo in case some other straggler comes upon this thread and wants to continue it another 30 days...Now THERE is a challenge!!!
  • lemurcat2
    edited February 2020
    I was thinking no one was using it anymore!

I've recommended it a few times in discussions that seem relevant, feel free to do so too if you feel like it.

I actually really like this thread as it's keeping me motivated to log and I do prefer staying under 5% the vast majority of days. Yesterday had no added sugar (I was back to cooking all three meals and no unexpected other food), but quite a bit of intrinsic sugar, which doesn't bother me, due to fruit (among other things I had a bunch of cherries, which contributed 21 g, more than expected for the amount). Anyway, 64 g sugar (intrinsic), 52 g fiber.
  • donwhituk
    donwhituk Posts: 3 Member
    I’m joining the challenge. I have no idea how much sugar I eat so it will be interesting to find out. I’ve been haphazard in logging my food for a while now and I hope this will give me the focus I need.
  • lemurcat2
    Welcome!
  • donwhituk
    :D I’m so pleased! I planned and logged everything today. I didn’t have any added sugar but 60g total sugar. I’ve no idea if that is a healthy amount.
  • lemurcat2
    Personally, I don't limit total sugar, only added sugar. I haven't seen anything credible saying that sugar from whole foods is an issue, so as long as I have enough protein, fiber, and healthy fat, and am getting sugar mostly from nutrient dense sources like fruit and veg, I don't worry about it. I do find it interesting to track.
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Total sugar 57, added sugar 3. I ate lots of fruit today.
  • lemurcat2
    No added, 59 g total for me total, with 56 g fiber. Had a banana, a pear, some raspberries, and lots of veg.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Total 41 g sugar today...none added...I had a wild weekend and pre-weekend...the wheels fell off the cart...but I am back at it this week.
  • lemurcat2
    Way to go!
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Today's sugar: less than yesterday.
  • donwhituk
    I think I’m less hungry now I’m not eating sugary stuff 😁
  • threewins
    donwhituk wrote: »
    I think I’m less hungry now I’m not eating sugary stuff 😁

I've noticed that too. Also milk tastes sweet after being sugar free for a while.
  • threewins
    Today's sugar: less than yesterday, 2 days in a row
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Hey All!

8 grams total sugar logged for today.. no added.

I agree - milk & fruit has a lot more flavor and sweetness to me as well! I’ve been using an old recipe for morning coffee with unsweetened cocoa.. doesn’t taste as bitter to me... 😋
  • lemurcat2
    Hi, all. Anyone still doing this?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hi, all. Anyone still doing this?

I was just thinking about this!! Yep. :) i was logging so well when doing this. How about you?

20 total sugars today. None added. Mostly balsamic vinegar and fruit. :smile:
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Total sugar 50. Trying to average no more than 45g. Ate banana, fruit, and granola bars.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I haven't logged anything in about 3 weeks. I need to TRY again to limit my sugar. Yesterday I ate pizza and chocolate wine. I'm running another Marathon in 3 months and I need to TRY to eliminate these sugar cravings as much as possible. I'm not eliminating fruit but I'd like to cut out processed sugars. It won't be perfect.