30 Day Logging/Limiting Added Sugar Challenge

Options

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Refined sugar
    6th December unknown, between 0 and 5 grams
    7th December unknown, between 0 and 2 grams (crackers with sugar listed about 10th on the list of ingredients) plus whatever is in a 335 ml can of beer

• mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    37 total sugar, 16 added sugar.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    8 grams total sugars today - no added sugar.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I ate a ridiculous amount of sugar yesterday. Pancake syrup, fig Newtons... challenge failed. Today is a new start.
  • threewins
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Refined sugar
    7th December unknown, between 0 and 2 grams (crackers with sugar listed about 10th on the list of ingredients) plus whatever is in a 335 ml can of beer
    8th December unknown, between 0 and 2 grams plus whatever is in 2 hotdogs

• Safari_Gal_
    Options
    12.8 - 18 grams total sugar. No added sugar.
    Sugars from blueberries, tomato, greens, onion, peppers & plain yogurt.
  • mariatn2003
    Options
    Total 36g
    Added 22
    I did not do well today.
  • threewins
    Options
    Refined sugar
    8th December unknown, between 0 and 4 grams
    9th December unknown, between 0 and 4 grams
    10th December unknown, today I ate refined sweetened food, someone's birthday, a small pottle of food, I refrained from treating myself to additional purchases for myself, which I might have done previously

• threewins
    Options
    Refined sugar
    10th December unknown, today I ate refined sweetened food, someone's birthday, a small pottle of food, I refrained from treating myself to additional purchases for myself, which I might have done previously
    11th December unknown, between 0 and 4 grams

• Safari_Gal_
    Options
    12.11 - 9 grams total sugar. No added sugar.

• Safari_Gal_
    Options
    threewins wrote: »
    Refined sugar

@threewins - hi! I noticed you have a lot of “unknown” sugars. Usually most nutritional labels have added sugars column. Perhaps that would be helpful? Of course if it’s a whole food like a fruit or vegetable — that’s not added sugar. Hope that helps the unknowns a bit for ya 😉
  • threewins
    Options
    Refined sugar

@threewins - hi! I noticed you have a lot of “unknown” sugars. Usually most nutritional labels have added sugars column. Perhaps that would be helpful? Of course if it’s a whole food like a fruit or vegetable — that’s not added sugar. Hope that helps the unknowns a bit for ya 😉

Unfortunately I am only wanting to count refined sugar, which is not listed where I live. Is that listed where you live?
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    Refined sugar

Unfortunately I am only wanting to count refined sugar, which is not listed where I live. Is that listed where you live?

Usually it’s listed here in the states as “added sugar.” But I guess it’s all added sugar - not just refined. So something like honey in the ingredients would be listed as “added.” 😉
  • mariatn2003
    Options
    44 total, 17 added sugar. I will work harder tomorrow.
  • threewins
    Options
    Refined sugar
    13th December unknown, between 0 and 3 grams
    14th December unknown, between 0 and 3 grams

• Safari_Gal_
    Options
    Hi All!

9 grams total sugar - no added sugar. Leaving for winter vacay —- see you guys in January! ⛄️
    Wishing you a healthy holiday!
  • mariatn2003
    Options
    Total grams 45g, added 14g. A little better than yesterday.
  • threewins
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Refined sugar
    13th December unknown, between 0 and 3 grams, plus whatever is in a 335 ml can of beer
    15th December unknown, between 0 and 5 grams plus whatever is in a 335 ml can of beer

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Failed, there's probably 4,058,545 grams of sugar in the cookie cake I had yesterday and today.
  • threewins
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Refined sugar
    13th December unknown, between 0 and 3 grams, plus whatever is in a 335 ml can of beer
    15th December unknown, between 0 and 5 grams plus whatever is in a 335 ml can of beer
    17th December unknown, between 0 and 4 plus whatever is in a small amount of bread