Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 242,088 Member Member Posts: 242,088 Member
    Good morning and Happy Valentine's Middle-agers <3
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,042 Member Member Posts: 35,042 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Holy moley it's a cold one today
    But we're cozy and warm inside after having an impromptu play date with the neighbours.
    Our public schools are in the midst of striking. They're doing rotating strikes. So today they could tell us their comments for report cards but not the grades. I would have thought just giving letter grades would be much easier than constructive comments. There seems to be no end in sight, I think everyone including the teachers are getting sick of the fight.

Happy Valentine's Day middle agers!!!

This sounds like no fun!

The cold or the school strike???

It's been fun for my boy he's averaged 2 days of school a week for the past 3 weeks!!!
    We might be getting a 5 day weekend

Lucky just make sure you guys play in the snow.

It's too cold to snow today haha. But it's beautifully sunny out. So Canadian saying that!! Haha. The air hurts my face but it's sunny at least
  • OliverRaningerVeganOliverRaningerVegan Member, Premium Posts: 360 Member Member, Premium Posts: 360 Member
    Good evening...
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,286 Member Member Posts: 1,286 Member
    Happy Friday and Valentines day you beautiful people. Went out and got treats for all the kids and the hubby. Wonder if any of them will remember me? HAHAHA
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,286 Member Member Posts: 1,286 Member
    Holy moley it's a cold one today
    But we're cozy and warm inside after having an impromptu play date with the neighbours.
    Our public schools are in the midst of striking. They're doing rotating strikes. So today they could tell us their comments for report cards but not the grades. I would have thought just giving letter grades would be much easier than constructive comments. There seems to be no end in sight, I think everyone including the teachers are getting sick of the fight.

Happy Valentine's Day middle agers!!!

This sounds like no fun!

The cold or the school strike???

It's been fun for my boy he's averaged 2 days of school a week for the past 3 weeks!!!
    We might be getting a 5 day weekend

Lucky just make sure you guys play in the snow.

It's too cold to snow today haha. But it's beautifully sunny out. So Canadian saying that!! Haha. The air hurts my face but it's sunny at least

It's so cold here, I think my hands and feet are just permanently numb
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 427 Member Member, Premium Posts: 427 Member
    I have booked the operation which should remove my scuba depth limit. I am hoping to dive Norway and Scapa Flow this year, if all goes well.

Scapa is where the German War One fleet scuttled themselves. I have dived it once before - it is brilliant.
    edited February 14
  • VersicolourVersicolour Member Posts: 6,179 Member Member Posts: 6,179 Member
    I survived my 10km night run. I did it in 92 minutes. One minute slower than last year!

I am definitely not as fit as I was last year. I pushed myself a bit much and ended up hurling all over the driveway. At least I made it out the car though!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 242,088 Member Member Posts: 242,088 Member
    I survived my 10km night run. I did it in 92 minutes. One minute slower than last year!

I am definitely not as fit as I was last year. I pushed myself a bit much and ended up hurling all over the driveway. At least I made it out the car though!

Yayyy way to go, not on the hurling but completing 😁
    drmwc wrote: »
    I have booked the operation which should remove my scuba depth limit. I am hoping to dive Norway and Scapa Flow this year, if all goes well.

Scapa is where the German War One fleet scuttled themselves. I have dived it once before - it is brilliant.

Hope the op goes well :) , looking forward to dive pics later this year
  • Danielle__SDanielle__S Member Posts: 31 Member Member Posts: 31 Member
    Hello everyone! New to the group, will be 50 this year. Back on the fitness wagon and feeling great!
  • bidingmytimebidingmytime Member Posts: 129 Member Member Posts: 129 Member
    Hello! I'm 40 and thought I would have gotten my binge eating and food addiction under control by this age, but I guess there's no time like the present. Thanks for having me! Look forward to "meeting" all of you.
  • mscanadianbakinmscanadianbakin Member Posts: 138 Member Member Posts: 138 Member
    I am enjoying my 40s, wrinkles aside.
    Welcome.
  • RoseyandReadyRoseyandReady Member Posts: 195 Member Member Posts: 195 Member
    Big 40 is right around the corner. Newly divorced and have been changing my lifestyle to be healthier....side effect: happier too. I'm not losing weight for anyone else but me and it's really working. Down 17 pounds, 23 to go and I will be feeling great in my own skin.
    edited February 16
  • dunenoretdunenoret Member Posts: 55 Member Member Posts: 55 Member
    I’m here for reciprocal encouragement.
    If not - don’t bother adding me!
    Good luck.
    dunenoret wrote: »
    I’m here for reciprocal encouragement.
    If not - don’t bother adding me!
    Good luck.

Welcome, I hope you find the support and encouragement you are after :)

You seem very familiar.. 🤔
    edited February 16
  • MADBLKCHEFMADBLKCHEF Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Greetings 50 yr old married with three kids trying to live! I got the trifecta, high BP, hypertension, and high cholesterol and let's add in a sprinkling of acute sleep apnea for that EXTRA flavor! Lol Here looking for like minded folks in the DMV area and beyond for support, ideas and camaraderie
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,042 Member Member Posts: 35,042 Member
    Happy Sunday and welcome to the middle agers group all the newbies.

Has anyone had any fun this weekend? We're just taking it easy. My stupid back decided to be annoying and hurt this weekend but it's not going to interfere with my workouts. :)
  • bvanvalk1111bvanvalk1111 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hello people! Been on here for years, finally gonna try to connect with like minded people on these forums for inspiration.
  • KY_AnglerKY_Angler Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    Happy Sunday and welcome to the middle agers group all the newbies.

Has anyone had any fun this weekend? We're just taking it easy. My stupid back decided to be annoying and hurt this weekend but it's not going to interfere with my workouts. :)

Happy Sunday! I’m relatively new here (left a while but came back haha).

My fun begins today. I have 5 gallons of beer to bottle and another batch to brew. Gotta love a brew day! :)