The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Danielle__S
    Danielle__S Posts: 29 Member
    Hello everyone! New to the group, will be 50 this year. Back on the fitness wagon and feeling great!
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    Hello! I'm 40 and thought I would have gotten my binge eating and food addiction under control by this age, but I guess there's no time like the present. Thanks for having me! Look forward to "meeting" all of you.
  • mscanadianbakin
    mscanadianbakin Posts: 138 Member
    I am enjoying my 40s, wrinkles aside.
    Welcome.
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    edited February 2020
    Big 40 is right around the corner. Newly divorced and have been changing my lifestyle to be healthier....side effect: happier too. I'm not losing weight for anyone else but me and it's really working. Down 17 pounds, 23 to go and I will be feeling great in my own skin.
  • dunenoret
    dunenoret Posts: 77 Member
    I’m here for reciprocal encouragement.
    If not - don’t bother adding me!
    Good luck.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2020
    dunenoret wrote: »
    I’m here for reciprocal encouragement.
    If not - don’t bother adding me!
    Good luck.

Welcome, I hope you find the support and encouragement you are after :)

You seem very familiar.. 🤔
  • MADBLKCHEF
    MADBLKCHEF Posts: 2 Member
    Greetings 50 yr old married with three kids trying to live! I got the trifecta, high BP, hypertension, and high cholesterol and let's add in a sprinkling of acute sleep apnea for that EXTRA flavor! Lol Here looking for like minded folks in the DMV area and beyond for support, ideas and camaraderie
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Sunday and welcome to the middle agers group all the newbies.

Has anyone had any fun this weekend? We're just taking it easy. My stupid back decided to be annoying and hurt this weekend but it's not going to interfere with my workouts. :)
  • bvanvalk1111
    bvanvalk1111 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello people! Been on here for years, finally gonna try to connect with like minded people on these forums for inspiration.
  • KY_Angler
    KY_Angler Posts: 61 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Has anyone had any fun this weekend? We're just taking it easy. My stupid back decided to be annoying and hurt this weekend but it's not going to interfere with my workouts. :)

Happy Sunday! I’m relatively new here (left a while but came back haha).

My fun begins today. I have 5 gallons of beer to bottle and another batch to brew. Gotta love a brew day! :)
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Happy Race Day, y'all!
  • alrescha75
    alrescha75 Posts: 4 Member
    KY_Angler wrote: »

My fun begins today. I have 5 gallons of beer to bottle and another batch to brew. Gotta love a brew day! :)

End of my first week using MFP. 👋

Saturdays we usually have board game night with friends and family. Strategy games, we're fairly high level nerds. 😁 Sundays are lazy, unplanned days. May go to a movie later.

I'm also feeling off in the fitness department, but it's my neck... I think adding heavier weights to my strength workouts this week exposed some bad form and now I'm sorry. More cardio/mobility stuff for me today.
  • Evette7
    Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
    I both love and hate this thread. :smiley: I love it because I fit in and it is so very different once you hit a certain age. It is also discouraging to watch younger people lose 45lbs by cutting out a pack of sugar for a week (kidding, kinda). But, I hate it for the same reasons lol I just turned 41 but I think I am in denial about that being over the hill. I had heart burn for the first (non-pregnancy) time and thought, well.... it's all down hill from here.

Thank you for starting this thread and I would love to be a part of the journey with any of you.
  • ActionRZ
    ActionRZ Posts: 134 Member
    Hi all! I’m 49 but in better shape than when I was 29. Glad to be here to share updates in our fitness journeys!
  • AliNouveau

Ooooh what kinda beer are you brewing?
    YellowD0gs wrote: »
    Happy Race Day, y'all!

Race day?
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member

Happy Race Day, y'all!

Race day?

Daytona 500. It's kind of a thing. :wink:
  • AliNouveau

Happy Race Day, y'all!

Race day?

Daytona 500. It's kind of a thing. :wink:

Ahhh. I guess I'd you're into that. The Scotties tournament for Ladies curling started this weekend so I'm excited to watch that
  • KY_Angler
    KY_Angler Posts: 61 Member

Happy Race Day, y'all!

Race day?

Ali, I’m currently brewing a nut brown ale. I bottled a pumpkin ale (I know, out of season but it was a request lol) earlier.

• AliNouveau

Happy Race Day, y'all!

Race day?

Ali, I’m currently brewing a nut brown ale. I bottled a pumpkin ale (I know, out of season but it was a request lol) earlier.

Yum cheers. And why go with seasonal haha. Make your own seasons