What do you have for lunch?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Pork banh mi.
    w7v1fkvfchru.jpeg
  • BeamingBadass
    BeamingBadass Posts: 1,454 Member
    Lately I've been doing bone broth with tuna on a low carb wrap with American cheese
  • BeamingBadass
    BeamingBadass Posts: 1,454 Member
    I used to buy those minute rice bowls then frozen veggies with sauce and microwave and mix together
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    This week, I made Greek turkey meatballs (with oregano, grated onion, parsley, oregano, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and a touch of lemon zest). Also made tzatziki and a cucumber/red onion/tomato/feta salad. Been taking some to work every day for lunches, along with a whole-wheat flatbread. About 520 calories for all this!

wb0badrtf3xg.jpeg
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Mostly I have been eating 1/2 of a sandwich for lunch, and using the microwave to cook frozen broccoli, carrots, or Brussels Sprouts. I often put Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry sauce on them.
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 161 Member
    This week I had tofu scramble with red onion, yellow, green and red capsicum peppers, baby spinach and shredded plant based bacon topped with sliced grape tomatoes, vegan feta and spring (green) onions and served with a side of coleslaw.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Hungarian cabbage stew and 2 eggs. Spicy, spicy!
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Tomorrow will be a bag of birds eye super foods spinach and quinoa with a bai water.
    Today I had a fit kitchen bowl.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I'm able to come home from work and eat with my husband (he works from home). So we have a big variety of lunch meals during the week. Common lunches include some of these:

lentils & smoothies
    TVP taco salad with lots of veggies
    black bean & mushroom or spinach quesadillas
    soup & crackers and fruit
    salads with protein and cookies w/ tea
    veggie burgers with lots of toppings
    English muffin pizzas
    deli sandwiches w/ sweet potato "fries" (baked)
    split peas, cottage cheese & fruit
    leftovers like fried rice with edamame or bbq tofu & steamed veggies

I aim for about 400 calories and up to 500 calories at lunch. I need a pretty large meal at that time of day to keep me going for the afternoon and I don't snack at all, so it works for me.

I also go out to lunch 1 day/week with my dad and that is typically in a restaurant, anything from fast food to nicer places. I usually stick with an entree, less bread, healthier sides. Works out well.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Lately a wrap of some sort. I was doing chicken salad, this week I'm doing turkey with cheese and broccoli salad. Plus some raw veggies to dip in ranch.
  • xojenbrassardxo
    xojenbrassardxo Posts: 38 Member
    Today wa leftovers from last night: homemade oven baked honey garlic chicken, homemade fried rice and mixed veggies :)
  • asellitti6523
    asellitti6523 Posts: 37 Member
    Generally I take leftovers from what I had for dinner the night before but the leftovers are a smaller portion than my dinner portion. If my dinner portion was around 800-1000 calories, my lunch portion is around 450-600 calories. If I don't have enough leftovers to take for lunch I will get a soup/salad at work. Some days I will even get crazy and order Chinese takeout or pizza :p
  • karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    Lunch: Leftover homemade chicken parmesan, chopped up and placed in a Carb-Smart 45 calorie wrap. A bit of cheese was added. This was delicious!
  • karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    i got a Vietnamese takeaway at my desk today. Grilled chicken bun cha with a spring roll.
    jlspvfm37qow.jpeg
    That looks delicious, but I'd probably gain 3 or 4 lbs if I ate that.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Pork banh mi.
    w7v1fkvfchru.jpeg

yum, i always wanted to try one of these and a place opened up near me that makes them. About how many calories in that?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    Today's lunch: Simple salad with lower calorie dressing. Albacore tuna salad with 1 boiled egg and 1 avocado on whole grain toast with spaghetti squash, a little butter, salt/pepper. (had another portion of tuna salad that I ate without bread) Total calories: 655 with 49 grams of protein.
    m51gtpjnfoy8.jpg
    d9lhowtfd3wa.jpg
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    Yesterday was the rest of a sausage and egg quesadilla with salsa that I got over the weekend when we went out for breakfast.
    Today will be a repeat of last night's dinner. Southwest shrimp salad with romaine, shredded cheese, red peppers and roasted corn.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    m9bicmqzam32.jpeg
    3p5poluh15pr.jpeg
    This week I’m having homemade spicy pumpkin soup with some yogurt-curry-garlic marinated chicken on the side for added protein.

Soup was split into 11 servings, so about 340 cals per bowl. And the chicken is about 185 cals (for a little less than 3 oz). I try to make my lunches fall in the 450-550 calorie range.
  • zhiyuj59
    zhiyuj59 Posts: 1 Member
    Usually leftover low carb fried rice from a night before. I either make larger dinner portion and set some food aside or I bulk up the leftovers with fried eggs. :)
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I meal prep Sunday for the whole week. This week I'm having baked chicken (I seasoned all 5 pieces differently), baked sweet potatoes and sauteed green beans.