jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1/1/20 211.4 pounds
    29/1/2020 = 205.4
    Total January Loss = -6 pounds :)

3/2/2020 = 204.8 pounds = 0.6 loss
    10/2/2020 = 204 pounds = 0.8 loss
    17/2/2020 = 204 pounds = 0.0 loss

No loss this week and so far only 1.4pounds for the month.
    Hope next week is better and it is only because i have increased exercise......
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to work on my whole, not eating when I'm angry or upset, thing. And I *kinda* won today. I was stuck in traffic for an hour when it usually takes me 20 minutes to get home from work. So by the time I got to the store, I was so irritated and hangry I knew I needed chocolate IMMEDIATELY. So I was gonna get a giant chocolate chip cookie from Publix ringing in about 350 calories. BUT instead. I took a breath...and got fiber one brownies instead. 😂😂 so yes I gave in to frustration snack, but it only cost me 70 calories instead of 350. Baby steps. Lol.

I think that's perfectly valid. Good for you!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @sarahMWong: If this happens occasionally, you might want to keep something like almonds or a similar shelf-stable snack in the glove box. My boyfriend has jerky and almonds in the glove box for that sort of incident, so that he can make it home to dinner without melting down.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ooooo. That sounds like a great idea. it just gets so dang hot here in south Florida, I'm afraid how the heat would affect things. Though I'm sure nuts would probably be okay!
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ooooo. That sounds like a great idea. it just gets so dang hot here in south Florida, I'm afraid how the heat would affect things. Though I'm sure nuts would probably be okay!

Nuts would, Jerky would, as long as it doesn't get damp. I think some of the granola type things that don't have chocolate in them might be okay, but you'd have to try them.
  • takera16
    takera16 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @SarahMWong15 good job! I really struggle with eating my emotions and using food as comfort. I think you did a great compromise, cause sometime you do just need chocolate to feed the hangry monster, lol.
  • takera16
    takera16 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @angelexperiment I sympathize completely with you! We do what we can! I had a disc removed a little over a year ago (at 34) but still am struggling with other degenerative disc issues weakening my legs. Swimming helps, and yoga but it hard to do a lot of high impact cardio or lifting. But we can do this!
    Options
    Apparently today my uterus demanded chicken fingers and fries as tribute. Ooookay. THAT I can work into my budget better than a large amount of sugar.

I'm really able to tell when I'm on my feet for longer periods of time that I weigh a little less; my lower back started to complain before my feet did this time, and it's usually the other way round. Hopefully as I lose some of the abdominal fat my back will be happier. I've got some rotational scoliosis and lordosis going on in my lumbar area, and so it doesn't like me carrying fat up front. (And it didn't like me being pregnant either, back in the day.)

• CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, the scale did not move either way this past week, I'm at 199#'s. No loss but no gain. I returned to work a couple weeks ago, after recovering from knee surgery. I feel great! It's odd but I had a few days where I had no interest in cooking or eating. I had to eat because I'm diabetic but sometimes I really had to force myself. Kind of like I was bored with it all. I'm trying to shake things up now. I bought some new things, foods that I don't normally cook. I have golden beets in the instapot, and tofu marinating in the fridge. I bought shrimp and liver and fresh Brussels sprouts. I just had an apple with peanut butter for lunch and it was delicious. I'm soo looking forward to Spring, just tired of the New York winter weather. I want to garden! I want fresh lettuce and green beans and juicy tomatoes. I shopped yesterday and crappy tomatoes were $3 per pound, no thanks! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • VeggieMeg71
    Options
    Weighed in this morning.
    Jan 30: 228.5
    Feb 6: 226.6
    Feb 13: 224.6
    Feb 20: 222.2
    Looks like I'm a consistent two(ish)-pounds-per-week loser. And I'm happy with that. I've been walking daily (some days leisurely, others sweaty). I feel like I've been making good choices with my food, with a few small treats scattered in here or there (with the exception of Valentine's Day, which was a two-cookie day). I avoided donuts this morning at a meeting, but had two mini peanut butter cups after lunch. By the way, the peanut butter cups from Aldi are sooo good...
  • VeggieMeg71
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add that I was able to switch from 20W pants to regular size 20 pants!
  • VeggieMeg71
    Options
    CathyRocky wrote: »
    Well, the scale did not move either way this past week, I'm at 199#'s. No loss but no gain. I returned to work a couple weeks ago, after recovering from knee surgery. I feel great! It's odd but I had a few days where I had no interest in cooking or eating. I had to eat because I'm diabetic but sometimes I really had to force myself. Kind of like I was bored with it all. I'm trying to shake things up now. I bought some new things, foods that I don't normally cook. I have golden beets in the instapot, and tofu marinating in the fridge. I bought shrimp and liver and fresh Brussels sprouts. I just had an apple with peanut butter for lunch and it was delicious. I'm soo looking forward to Spring, just tired of the New York winter weather. I want to garden! I want fresh lettuce and green beans and juicy tomatoes. I shopped yesterday and crappy tomatoes were $3 per pound, no thanks! Keep up the good work everyone!

OMG, what I wouldn't give for a ripe, juicy tomato!!! I'm ready to switch over from roasted root vegetables to fresh, ripe veggies, but we've got a few months to go! At least we're starting to see some nice strawberries from Florida in the stores.
  • KJR865
    KJR865 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    January Starting Weight: 261.0
    Jan. 2: 261.0
    Jan. 9: 258.2
    Jan. 16: 256.2
    Jan. 23: 253.0
    Jan. 30: 252.2
    Total January loss: 8.8

February Starting Weight: 252.2
    Feb. 6: 252.6
    Feb. 13: 249.0
    Feb. 20: 247.6
    Feb. 27:
    Total February loss: TBD
  • KJR865
    KJR865 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to have a weight loss this week after some heavy eating days at the end of last week but I'm getting better at getting back on track after a setback instead of just giving up.
  • SarahMWong15
    Options
    Total January loss: 8

February Starting Weight: 211
    Feb. 8: 208
    Feb. 15: 207.5
    Feb. 22: 207.5
    Feb. 29:

Apparently February is just not my month because this is week 2 with no progress and I'm getting real sick of it. I'm at deficit. I'm pushing myself to do more and do better. And nothing. I guess I'm not hitting the weight I wanted before my Disney trip. Just get me out of the 200s. PLEASE.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Options
    @SarahMWong15 I know how frustrating that can be. Just keep up the good work and it will happen eventually. ((Hug))
    Options
    Well, the scale moved! I am down to 280, which is my February goal weight, so I can relax a bit. The thing I learned in February has been that I can have all sorts of stress happen but if I rely on the good eating habits I've formed, I will get through just fine and not derail myself. That's very comforting.

We're looking at a house today, and if it is The House, then a new phase of things starts, but that's all good, and since I know it's coming I can pack and plan.
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Feb. 29:

Apparently February is just not my month because this is week 2 with no progress and I'm getting real sick of it. I'm at deficit. I'm pushing myself to do more and do better. And nothing. I guess I'm not hitting the weight I wanted before my Disney trip. Just get me out of the 200s. PLEASE.

Sarah, I know how you feel, i started Feb to add more exercise and lose more weight........ Well i added the exercise but the weight has remained the same the last 2 weigh ins.... Feel like giving in but will keep going and fingers crossed something will happen before the end of the month or it will be time for me to re look at my diet and change things up a bit.
    Good luck :)
  • SarahMWong15
    Options
    jockette18 wrote: »

Feb. 29:

Sarah, I know how you feel, i started Feb to add more exercise and lose more weight........ Well i added the exercise but the weight has remained the same the last 2 weigh ins.... Feel like giving in but will keep going and fingers crossed something will happen before the end of the month or it will be time for me to re look at my diet and change things up a bit.
    Good luck :)

It's hard to figure out what needs to change! My fiance sat down today to make a plan. He believes I need to eat more since in pushing more and thinks my body is holding on to everything through the extra work. So I'm gonna incorporate an additional 200-300 calories (I average 1500 daily) and change up my workouts! Gove my body some extra fuel and change! I give you all my good vibes that your scale moves down next week!! We just gotta keep on pushing on through it!!!