Serious Questions Only Thread

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,043 Member
    Options
    After41 wrote: »
    Do you ever wonder, in the old threads, if the OP is even still alive? Kinda creepy talking to a ghost.

yes. And I’ve wondered if I die who will tell mfp

If anyone wants to use me for their MFP Power of Attorney, I’m willing.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Due to'ving CFS {Chronic Fatigue Syndrome} since the age of 14, I don't know what a normal amount of sleep's for my current age of: 39 {I'll be 40: April 1st}. However I notice a lot of especially females around my age, mention that they take naps. Therefore I am attempting to gauge how much of my sleeping now's a result, of my disability & age.

My question: If you're my age or remember being my age, was napping a choice, a necessity or both & how often & long, do you/did then?

I sleep at least 8 hours every night. On the weekends sometimes I'll take a quick nap. Not out of necessity. But I have to be careful with that or else it throws off my routines. I'm 42. I generally have plenty of energy but I do stick to a pretty good routine and schedule.

I knew at some point, age alone'd require napping but my belief, was that it'd be approximately late 50's or early 60's. for a healthy person. I guess for other healthy people my age, it's also a choice.

Im 46, nearly 47. I may nap for 30-60 minutes on a Sunday maybe twice a month. I have hypothyroidism which can cause fatigue along with muscle and joint weakness. The best treatment I've found in addition to taking medication is to exercise and keep a daily routine. I keep a regular bedtime and wake time, even on the weekends.

Super more than ordinarily inspiring that you've been kicking *kitten* at body recomp being hypothyroid!
    Wow!! *No Excuses!*
    Excellent job Lady! Admire your dedication and routine. I aspire to it!
    :heart:

Thanks Lady. I'm super flattered. When I first started 3 yrs ago... I had every excuse in the book for sure.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Do you ever bump music really loudly in your car because you're really into the song? Or do you try to stay considerate of others around you and keep the volume at a reasonable level?

I blast really weird music no one around here has ever heard of every day on my way to my son's school.. and back from it. Sometimes the windows are down if the weather is amenable.

I look at it more from a "I'm happy and spreading joy" aspect, but I get that others could find it truly obnoxious and not find joy in it at all. :lol:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Question: How do you define love? What is it? How do you know? When do you know when it is there and when it has gone?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Question: How do you define love? What is it? How do you know? When do you know when it is there and when it has gone?

i think Its something you should do your best to avoid overthinking about and just enjoy the moments it gives you

It’s there when you can’t imagine living without someone and it’s gone when you can’t live with them anymore
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

i think Its something you should do your best to avoid overthinking about and just enjoy the moments it gives you

It’s there when you can’t imagine living without someone and it’s gone when you can’t live with them anymore

Definitely dont over think it. I rarely use the word other than my own kids. I just enjoy the bonds and moments.
  • abigailcarrinloveshudson
    Options
    Oof here’s a question, what are some different ways to tongue while kissing?
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Do you ever social media stalk your exes? If so, how much and why?

pfft.... have I ever not ??

It’s not stalking when you comment on EVERY post, Sheenie!

giphy.gif

Lol lol lol
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    After41 wrote: »
    Do you ever wonder, in the old threads, if the OP is even still alive? Kinda creepy talking to a ghost.

I do not wonder about it.

I do know that yes, it has occurred.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    If one were to rub one out and put in a workout back to back, which should be done first?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Love is a verb, not a noun. It's known by actions, not words.

I think of my dogs. Me saying "I love you" is meaningless to them. They want to be shown love, as they interpret it... belly rubs and ear scratches and way more treats than I'm willing to dole out.

I don't think love is all that much different for humans. Don't tell me, show me.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My left foot is going num. While doing cardio. An my bones are popping loud. Extremely in my left ankle . Any suggestions?
    O an im disabled in my right leg, but doesn't go through what my left foot going through. When doing my cardio workout.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

This is beautiful
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    spade117 wrote: »
    If one were to rub one out and put in a workout back to back, which should be done first?

Work out, shower, orgasm, sleep
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »

Pfft that was a trick question because the rubbing one out is the workout... Then sleep. Showering is not necessary 👍

😬
    Shower necessary
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »

Pfft that was a trick question because the rubbing one out is the workout... Then sleep. Showering is not necessary 👍

😬
    Shower necessary

Newbie question but if you wore an Apple watch or Fitbit would it give you calories expended or equivalent steps?