JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 105

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,855 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady Pork rind nachos are (for me) a decent substitute. I just make them on a salad plate so the portion is limited.

I am going to try them tonight for dinner. I am watching calories too so, as always, portion control is key. I'll be adding some cheddar cheese, hamburger and sour cream. I can't wait! I noticed awhile back you mentioned chaffles. I got a double chaffle maker for Christmas but I haven't tried it yet. I am hoping it will work as well as the little single ones I've seen on youtube. I heard it is another game changer for carb counters.

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady - I feel like I need to know what a chaffle is! I just googled it and omg that looks so yummy! I think I will make some, so thanks for sharing!
    Also I thought you might be interested in this article that I read the other day, about some research which found that taking 500mg of Vitamin C supplements twice daily helped helped to lower elevated blood sugar levels across the day and minimised spikes in blood sugar after meals. The test subjects were Type 2 diabetics (not sure if that's relevant to your situation or not) and also saw a marked improvement in their blood pressure as well. Obviously I don't know about your personal situation but when you mentioned that you had a glucose episode I thought you might be interested if your glucose episodes tend to be the resulting drop after a spike. My Dad is T2 diabetic and takes the supplements (he was the one who told me about it initially), and while he is on diabetes medications, he gets a consistent BSL result no matter when he tests (whereas before, there would be a much larger range depending on when he had eaten last etc.). I'm amazed that something as simple as Vitamin C can have such a massive impact, so it's definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on in future studies.
    Here's the link to what I was reading:
    https://diabetesaustralia.com.au/news/15615?type=articles
  • jaccimc63
    jaccimc63 Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine - I love your new picture!