February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Anyone here know or are Jane Dance on Strava?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Hope you're nap helped and you get better sleep tonight. I totally caved and binged today. Can I blame it on having empathy for you having your period? Otherwise, I have no excuse! :wink:

@emmamcgarity I like having a plan too. I seem to lose my way otherwise.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Not having anything I'm currently training for is making me a little loopy. I feel lost lol

I am also someone that needs a plan of some sort. I can’t just “go run” without some sort of structure. So I fool myself into structure by signing up for Runbet games periodically. The one I’m doing now requires 30+ minutes 4 times per week. I picked it because it worked well with my current minimal amount if motivation I can muster and isn’t so difficult of a fitness commitment that I risk injury. The Spring series of my running clinic starts this Wednesday night. I can’t wait. I need structure and schedule and plans.

I've done a few runbets in the past. I looked at a few but they are all for short times/distance. Plus I take the dog a lot and she can slow me down to put me out of the average pace when she decides she doesn't want to run. :D:D:D
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    So 2019 is way over but I finally got over to "strartwork" to visualize my year. It connects through Strava and is pretty fun to play around with. So now everyone should go play, and show us your visualizations!
    2019 Runs
    jyqtxc96mcrn.png
    The map view also looks really cool zeroed in on my city, but also makes it too easy to figure out exactly where I live, so I'll keep that one to myself ;)

@polskagirl01 You need a T-shirt with that image on it. " 2019 Runs " Hit up Zazzle and get that added to the back of our MFP Run Group shirt.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    02/02 8km
    04/02 5km
    06/02 4km
    07/02 5km
    08/02 7km
    11/02 5km
    15/02 5km
    18/02 5km
    21/02 5km
    23/02 8km

Total 57km of 70km for February

I'm still chasing down that goal - 13km to go now. Unfortunately I'm at a conference on Tuesday and Wednesday, which means both Tuesday (travelling) and Thursday (too tired) is out for running. I'm packing my running gear, and I've got a route in an unfamiliar city plotted for first thing on Wednesday morning, so far so good, but I've got a networking reception and "awards dinner" to negotiate on Tuesday night, so it looks like reaching goal this month is dependant on me resisting too much free wine. This is going to be tough!

Goals for the year:
    1. Get back down to a decent running weight (currently set at 160lb)
    2. Run a sub-60 minute 10K
    3. Run at least 4 10K races

Current races planned:
    14/06 Lincoln 10K
    ??/10 Autumn Richmond Riverside Run
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    So as expected, school and my work both closed today. We got 2 inches of snow. 😐

Ok granted temps are in the 20’s so some icy patches. It’s going to be sunny and 40 today later.
    Good thing it’s my rest day.

Hold up...hold on... did I read that correctly? You got two inches and work and school CLOSED?
    Lucky... we get 8 inches in one night and the schools get a two hour delay, and work is NEVER cancelled..