The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited February 2020
    1sphere wrote: »
    what do you think about sexy people at work (who are not in your department)? Sometimes I'd like to say hi, and most times I feel like I should keep my nosy intruding *kitten* to myself

Personally, I never date coworkers..... if things don't work out, it will cause all sorts of issues and discomfort at work.... I have done this twice (2 different companies, and about 20 years apart...) and both times it backfired. It made things very uncomfortable for me.... First time, I was 18-19 and new to the work force. I made the rule after that, and broke it once a few years ago. Bad idea. We still work at the same company, too, but luckily we don't interact much at all.

However, I know many people who have dated coworkers and ended up getting married. Actually, there is a married couple who works here at my company. I believe they met at a different job they worked at, and they both ended up hired here, and then got married about 2 years ago. Another coworker met his spouse here 20 years ago. She is no longer here, but he is and they are still together. My HR manager met her husband when they worked together at a different company.

So I guess it's up to you and your own judgement. :)

ETA: Dating is different from saying hi. Saying hi is friendly. Go for it. Who knows, you might strike up a conversation and realize you don't want to date that person anyway!
  • mattig89ch wrote: »
    In my humble opinion, you should try to keep your work and life as separate as possible. You can be friendly with your co-workers, but they will never be your friends. They will always be there to earn a living, as you will be.

Those you choose to spend time with outside of work, that's where your friends are. But inside work, just coworkers.

I have to disagree with this a little. Some of my best, and longest lasting, friendships are former coworkers. We got along great, and would hang out together after work. Then, once one of us moved on to another job, we still kept the friendship going.

But, I do agree that there's a difference between being friendly and being friends.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    In my humble opinion, you should try to keep your work and life as separate as possible. You can be friendly with your co-workers, but they will never be your friends. They will always be there to earn a living, as you will be.

Those you choose to spend time with outside of work, that's where your friends are. But inside work, just coworkers.

I agree. I go to work to make money NOT friends! If that were to happen, then ok. It's rare tho. I tend to limit personal conversations with co-workers. I've worked in offices where everyone went out to drink after work. The stories & videos I saw afterwards made me happy I always declined their invitations.

giphy.gif
  • Cutemesoon
    Good morning everyone. I'm back after returning from my European vacation. What did I miss? Did anyone go on any dates?
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I'm back after returning from my European vacation. What did I miss? Did anyone go on any dates?

Good morning I didn't but cant wait for the weekend I can pretend and go on a date with two girls at once, my two daughters ;)

I'm still at work have a late meeting at 18h00 and then home to pack my gym bag for a run tomorrow morning

• wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Good afternoon, from Colorado. Hopefully all having a wonderful day. I am happily single, after being in abusive relationship. That i had to end. Do to my health mentally and physically. I am always looking for respectful friends. Im am 36 an disabled from a tumor in my spine.

Welcome to the thread! Snacks are on the left, bathroom's down the hall on the right. ;-P

Any chance you put a restroom sign up. It took me 24 hrs to find the bathroom, so i just used mine.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Depends on how you define "date." Does it count if the woman I am following dating is unaware?
  • meraki6
    meraki6 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hey hey, I'm from PA
    @wwwtheselion11 What did you do in that 24 hours looking for the bathroom 😂

A sign would help. I get lost (or go exploring... ).
  • meraki6
    @michaelroode1980
    So you have daughters or no?

If someone is willing to fly me to Europe, bring it on😁😂
    @Cutemesoon
  • meraki6
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Not according to the show YOU. Learning a lot, I see.
  • krina01x
    krina01x Posts: 5 Member
    :/ Im painfully single and its starting to get to me looool
  • Cutemesoon

Depends on how you define "date." Does it count if the woman I am following dating is unaware?

I'm quite sure that is called STALKING not dating. 🤔
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

Potato, potahto
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member

I agree. I go to work to make money NOT friends! If that were to happen, then ok. It's rare tho. I tend to limit personal conversations with co-workers. I've worked in offices where everyone went out to drink after work. The stories & videos I saw afterwards made me happy I always declined their invitations.

Glad I'm not the only one. :)

Hows we doing in here?

• wwwtheselion11
    meraki6 wrote: »
    Hey hey, I'm from PA
    @wwwtheselion11 What did you do in that 24 hours looking for the bathroom 😂

A sign would help. I get lost (or go exploring... ).

Well lucky me . My bathroom was in front of me. So i used it. Besides that for the 24 hrs i did go explore this room. Am i tired? "Yes ". Do my legs hurt.?"Ofcourse they do. "♿💩🧻🚽🤔👉👈☝️😉😆😀😁😂🤣
  • wwwtheselion11
    krina01x wrote: »
    :/ Im painfully single and its starting to get to me looool

Please explain painfully single? Does the heart hurt? If so it might be a health issues. Do you feel weak in the legs? That might be lack of eating.
  • wwwtheselion11

Laughing out loud
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    what do you think about sexy people at work (who are not in your department)? Sometimes I'd like to say hi, and most times I feel like I should keep my nosy intruding *kitten* to myself

just make out with them at the Christmas party in the elevator... though that can make for awkward days if you run into each other often