What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    to do 15 chin ups in a row....I'm currently able to do 11. Started 4 months ago and barely able to do 2. Want to see how strong your upper body is? do chin ups or even harder, pull ups. (at least for me, it's tough!) Getting stronger every day.

Curious what's the difference between a chin up and a pull up? I assumed that they were basically the same thing
    A chin up, do you just get your chin to the bar? And a pull up, over the bar?
    Please enlighten me! :)
  • martianspuds
    martianspuds Posts: 93 Member

Curious what's the difference between a chin up and a pull up?

I think I know the answer to this one, and look forward to Hawk's answer :)

I believe the difference is your hand position as it holds onto the bar - are palms facing towards you, or facing away. My PE teachers back in the day would call palms facing away a chin-up, and palms facing towards you a pull-up. Each version works slightly different muscles - I believe pull-ups relied heavily on bicep muscles.
  • martianspuds
    martianspuds Posts: 93 Member
    I should mention, my PE teacher for grades 9-11 was built like a bowling ball on legs & chain-smoked behind the gym between classes, so I may have been misinformed! 😂
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    @brittanystebbins95
    @martianspuds
    chin ups are palms facing toward/ underhand grip, and pull ups are palms facing away/overhand grip. With the chin ups, I go over the bar with my chin, although just meeting the bar is acceptable too for either.

1521fbec1b1baa854fc83065d91b02ad.jpg

Interesting... I have always referred to them as underhand/overhand pull ups. You learn something new every day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    This little "mini" goal, or mini person, is motivating me :)
    I want to keep myself accountable and stay healthy and active this pregnancy so I can bounce back faster and be able to keep up with the little one ♥
    98icyjyg22mm.jpg

Looking good! I love your leggings, I was always a black leggings and huge tee-shirt person, just got two pairs with designs and I love wearing them! BTW, I have the same Fitbit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!