WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Today is faily quiet so far. I've been to the grocery store, and I've been reading books. Currently I am between books. I use Library to Go for much of my reading but they seem to be having a technical problem at the moment, so I may go and choose a book off of my own shelf.

Have a great day!

Katla
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's been months since I popped on, but it's the 1st of March and I have a bit of time so thought I'd say hello and try to keep up again. :smile: I hope all of you are doing well!

Thanks for the new thread Barbie!

Happy 70th birthday, Barbara! I turn 60 this month and I agree...60 doesn't seem so old anymore either. :mrgreen:

I've been really lax in meeting healthy goals lately. Basically letting life get in the way and not taking the time I need to look out for my own self-care. Life gets in the way and, well, you know how it goes!

Tracie in the snowy frozen tundra of Green Bay

March Goals:
    • Lose 4 lbs
    • Be active twice a day for 15 minutes (doing non-impact things to spare my knee)
    • Drink half my weight in water 5/7 days per week
    • Prep for next day the evening before
    • Build 4 new healthy daily habits
    • Schedule self-care into each day, even if it is a 10 minute Calm meditation

My word for 2020: Persistence
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Good to see you Tracie!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbara Happy birthday wishes to you! Hope you are enjoying the day.

Barbie thanks for leading us to March :)

Heather my DH is an avid Liverpool fan—quite happy this year!

My word for the year is mindful so a mindful march is on my goal list for this long and busy month:

-journal for positive outcomes, note reflections on ways to improve and how many decisions I make in a single day and how that makes a difference in my life and the lives I touch.

—hand therapy exercises 3xs per day and stretching and treadmill

—meal prep for healthy choices even on busy long days

NYKAREN

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    no such thing as an easy ride on that trainer

stats for the day:

kickball w/yogi- 16.16min, .46mi= 27c
    Apple Watch- 72c
    Zwift bike trainer- 1hr, 16min, 21sec, 153mhr, 1283ft, 16mi= 739c
    Apple Watch- 743c

total cal 766c
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    SuziQ Thanks for CDC link and update on your work restructuring, which must be a mercenary process. Not like the gleaning, which is the polar opposite. You lead an interesting life. And…that meal looks scrumptious. There is a thread called "What do your meals look like (show me pictures)…." - you should post there.

Pip Glad your bruise is gone and hope your tummy is better now.

Green Bay Tracie Nice to hear from you!

Beth I use Nature Made, but I haven't done extensive research on the best brands.

Betsy Good to have the legal stuff in your rearview mirror.

Kelly Ahhhh!!! Thanks. Those 3 month pics are so similar! Miguel is a little rounder and his eyebrows are a little darker. Love the way they both rub their hair & other hand near their mouths when they sleep. So vulnerable and sweet.

Pat, near Chattanooga, Tennessee at the foot of Lookout Mountain Welcome! We are supportive & caring, for sure, and are actually interested in your boring drudge, so feel free to share anything.

Katla Quiet reading day sounds wonderful to me. Add some hot tea and I'd be in heaven.

Barbara 70th Birthday! Woooooooottt!!! birthday-song.gif

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie happy Birthday friend!💖🎉🎶🎵👑🎂🎈🎈
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did a walking DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a downloadable spinning workout.

Barbara – happy birthday. Remember when we used to think that when someone turned 40 they had one foot in the grave?????

Yippee, yippee, a week from today we turn the clocks ahead. I love that.

Marianne – I know you’ll do fantastic on your walk/run

Welcome everyone new (yes, I’m looking at you Pat)

Welcome Back Packerfan!

Joined to UAC challenge mainly to get ideas for different types of exercise. We shall see how it goes

Went to play Mexican train with one lady here. Unfortunately, another lady was there and the only game she wanted to play was canasta so in order to have everyone play we wound up playing (yet again) canasta. I don’t mind cards, just not that being the only thing.

Michele who hopes it warms up enough for them to open the pool tomorrow. I WILL NOT go back home white
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options

Beth I use Nature Made, but I haven't done extensive research on the best brands.

Karen in Virginia

Thank you for answering....
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbara!!!!

Okie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    :) The rain is back so my weeding adventures in the back yard will have to wait a few days. Jake came out while I was weeding and cut the grass. This morning he helped me vacuum. Now he is happily playing his computer game with tanks that shoot at each other. He wears good headphones so I could watch the big TV without headphones and it didn't disturb him. I made chicken in peanut/coconut sauce in the slow cooker and will put it in jars to freeze until we want to eat it. I freeze it in jars that are the right size for two servings (one for Jake and one for me) so there is no overeating and no leftovers.

:) Taxes are done and a copy of the return was sent by encrypted email for me to proofread. In a few days we'll get the paper to sign to authorize submission and the bill so we can pay the accountant. We have been smart about withholding so we'll get some money back.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Barbara Happy Birthday <3 I hope you have a fantastic day Celebrating :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    xuhy407hcc3p.png