• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    @musicsax -My thoughts and prayers are with you. 💚
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    kecward78 wrote: »
    For those stuck or struggling with a plateau, I just came across a rather interesting article on *set point theory*.
    https://www.bornfitness.com/why-you-gain-weight-on-diets/?mc_cid=e7c123c05c&mc_eid=75e49d35c7

@kecward78 Just got a chance to read this article. Very interesting. I'm going to look thru the other articles on the site as well. We can never be reminded enough that it's perfectly normal to go up or stay the same weight for days/weeks and not to give up - it will eventually go down again! Thanks for sending this out! Congratulations on your weight loss thus far!!
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Round 106
    MY NAME IS DONNA. I AM 59 YEARS YOUNG & FROM THE MIDWEST USA. I AM APPROX 5’ 5” TALL.
    ROUND 64 FOR ME.

"The cravings are horrendous after a lapse so I am trying hard to get through that. It had very little to do with hunger."

@deepwoodslady I feel for you with the cravings! This is the hardest part when you've had a lapse. I've been dealing with this for a week too when I decided to drink 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk and from there I went crazy. Getting 3 or 4 days in control of it is needed but getting those 3 or 4 days behind you is so hard. Everyone is different so not sure if what I'm doing would help you at all but I've been taking advantage of the mornings when I can control my cravings the most. I mainly eat in the afternoons when my cravings are the worse so I'm full even though as you said, hunger doesn't always have anything to do with it, but it does help me. I'm not sure if you have this luxury to try to lie down when they are really bad, but I find that when I just can't control them, I try to take a nap. If I'm able to fall asleep for 30 mins, I wake up feeling more in control which of course shows how much of this is sleep deprivation. Lastly, even though fruit can throw you off too, I've been eating frozen blue berries, cherries, raspberries and peaches either as a smoothly with milk or just plain. That seems to satisfy my cravings a little. I'm sure you've tried everything over time with results, so it's not about knowing what to do it's being able to get past the days after lapsing. Good luck - you'll get there! I'm on my 3rd day today without sugar/white flour and feeling stronger.