800 Miles in 2009!

Options

Replies

• yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    I'd like to join, too!

I need a little extra motivation. Everything has just been exhausting and stressful lately! I'm going to start from the beginning of the year. So I'll have to check my distances in the morning (well, later in the morning, lol) and make my ticker.

Everyone is doing so great! :smile:

Welcome to the team:happy:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    1 mile yesterday, 3 miles this morning!

Happy March everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    this is the most fun i've had w/exercise in a long time! thanks so much for starting this
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1 mile yesterday, 3 miles this morning!

Happy March everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

Great Job Im proud of ya....:drinker: I better get my butt in gear:tongue: I spent the whole weekend Power cleaning! Im trying to get the spring cleaning done early. Washing everything in the house and cleaning carpets. But I will do some running tonight:wink:

Good job to everyone:bigsmile:

Thanks Josh
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    That sounded like my weekend!!! So I am heading out the door soon to walk. It's suppose to be 74 here in Denver today:flowerforyou:

You gotta love the mile high city:heart::heart:

Keep on keeping on:laugh:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I did 3.06 miles this morning...yes. the .06 does count! heheheheh
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcome!

I did 2.67 miles just a bit ago. Yay!

Keep up the good work everyone! :smile:
  • Tiddle
    Options
    Ran just over 3 miles this morning (and did lots of pullups throughout the run)

I'm on my phone right now, will update my ticker when I get to an actual computer!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good job everyone!!!! I'm at 14 miles total!!!:tongue:

I'm going for 4 miles today. Does anyone have a suggestion about how I can do a "pull up" like exercise without the pull up bar?? :huh: Right, I know that sounds strange, but I don't have a bar and don't have access to one but I need the benefits of pull ups. Any suggestions??
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I have over 400 miles on my bike for the year so far.....I guess that's cheating though huh? :ohwell: I had over 4000 miles on my bike last year and was still 25 pounds overweight. I added running in January and started tracking my calories here a couple of weeks ago and I've lost 4 pounds so far. Maybe I should just count my running miles.....???....they seem to be doing me more good.
  • olyjok
    Options
    Good job everyone!!!! I'm at 14 miles total!!!:tongue:

I'm going for 4 miles today. Does anyone have a suggestion about how I can do a "pull up" like exercise without the pull up bar?? :huh: Right, I know that sounds strange, but I don't have a bar and don't have access to one but I need the benefits of pull ups. Any suggestions??

This might sound funny but try your local playground. People might laugh but who cares what they think.:laugh:
  • Tiddle
    Options
    We got a really cheap pullup bar from walmart (I think $20 or $30) then upgraded to the perfect pullup (a little more, but totally worth it)

Other than that and the playground, I don't have any ideas for you!!
  • olyjok
    Options
    Tonight was a great night. I ran 2.25 miles on the treadmill and on top of that I walked 1.5 mile at lunch at a fast pase. :happy: SOOOO it was a total of 3.75 miles today:drinker: Thank you for the support !:flowerforyou: Now watch the weight ticker move with the mile ticker:tongue:

Ya all have a wonderful Tuesday:bigsmile:

Josh
  • Tiddle
    Options
    Tonight was a great night. I ran 2.25 miles on the treadmill and on top of that I walked 1.5 mile at lunch at a fast pase. :happy: SOOOO it was a total of 3.75 miles today:drinker: Thank you for the support !:flowerforyou: Now watch the weight ticker move with the mile ticker:tongue:

Ya all have a wonderful Tuesday:bigsmile:

Josh

Awesome, good for you Josh!:drinker:
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    I'll do it! Mine will be elliptical training for a while. I tried to do 1,000 miles of walking last year and never made it...2009 is our year! :smile:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    How do you update your miles on the ticker? Do you just have to go there and re-do it?
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I did 2 miles today. I started to feel a little weak so I decided not to push it.

I found that the days I listen and stop are usually followed by days I can go longer than usual.

To update your ticker: You can either go to ticker factory or I set it on my home page, which is igoogle, and then just click on it.

Either way it takes you to the update data page on ticker factory.

Go Team!!!!!:drinker:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    How did you get your miles ticker on your posts. I made one from Ticker factory also. Now I don't know what to do with it.

I am posting to see if it worked.

exercise.png
  • Tiddle
    Options
    3.5 this am
  • olyjok
    Options
    2.5 miles tonight... wow hard miles. Had a physical day at work.. :ohwell: Tiddle you are well on your way to the 800 mile.... GREAT JOB:flowerforyou:

Thanks Josh