March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @mbaker566 I'm sorry about your friend, very sad.
  • LoveyChar
    edited March 2020
    20 hour fast and I won't be able to get a long run in with little man wanting out of stroller but it will be a good run, nonetheless. I'm excited to mow grass tonight, more good cardio. I love mowing the grass, maybe I'm weird. Hope that everyone has a great day ❣️
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    3/1: 10 miles
    3/2: 3 miles
    3/3: 5 miles
    3/4-3/6: In bed with flu
    3/7: 2.25 miles
    3/8: 3 miles
    3/9: 3 miles
    3/10: Total body strength- 35 minutes
    3/11: 4 miles

Catching up on all the conversations. This board is prolific! So as of today my half marathon is still on with 17 days to go. If they do have to, I hope they postpone instead of cancel. Not only was this my first half in a while, it is supposed to be my mom’s very first 5k, just shy of her 70th birthday.

Dusted off the double running stroller. My kids have just about outgrown it but I’m preparing for the probably inevitable fact their schools will close and I’ll have to figure out what to do with them for a few weeks. I’m thinking lots of runs and walks where we don’t touch anything..
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    3/1: 10 miles
    3/2: 3 miles
    3/3: 5 miles
    3/4-3/6: In bed with flu
    3/7: 2.25 miles
    3/8: 3 miles
    3/9: 3 miles
    3/10: Total body strength- 35 minutes
    3/11: 4 miles

Catching up on all the conversations. This board is prolific! So as of today my half marathon is still on with 17 days to go. If they do have to, I hope they postpone instead of cancel. Not only was this my first half in a while, it is supposed to be my mom’s very first 5k, just shy of her 70th birthday.

Dusted off the double running stroller. My kids have just about outgrown it but I’m preparing for the probably inevitable fact their schools will close and I’ll have to figure out what to do with them for a few weeks. I’m thinking lots of runs and walks where we don’t touch anything..

sounds like you've gotten some good runs in. Glad that you are feeling better😊
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    @skippygirlsmom here it is!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited March 2020
    @skippygirlsmom i tried, but @eleanorhawkins beat me to it. Lol. Welcome back!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @Avidkeo I think four hours is a good time for a marathon.
  • LoveyChar
    @Avidkeo It truly depends on the Marathon.
  • LoveyChar
    I ran in 100+ degrees of heat last summer almost every single day. It's hot, hot, hot here already and getting hotter and I am not looking forward to the heat.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @Avidkeo I can get the online calculators to line up and predict all of my other race distances, but the marathon predictions are off by almost 40 minutes. I think they assume you're perfectly trained or something.
    https://runsmartproject.com/calculator/
  • LoveyChar
    @Avidkeo This has to be wrong since there is a cutoff time of 7 hours for this one, but here's what you could look up (particular Marathon you are interested in) and it might give you the average time of last year's race which would better help you, I think.
    xnob5hdjjkc0.png
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Avidkeo yay, you go girl! I'm impressed (and secretly a little envious lol). Re: swimming.... I started going once a week (usually). I am a bad, slow swimmer but I find it useful for low intensity resistance cardio. It also seems to really help get the knots out of my calf muscles. BUT I often feel it in my quads, it gives them a good workout.
    Marathon times... I'll be looking for one with a 7hr cut-off when I eventually get brave enough for that level of commitment.
    @polskagirl01 really really sucks about your race. And school. And general mass hysteria. They closed the schools in Madrid and a couple of other places today for 2 weeks, and as soon as they announced that on Monday all the supermarkets were out of milk and chicken within hours. Makes more sense than toilet paper though I guess.

If they do cancel mine I will probably run the HM distance, but not at race pace. Then, I dunno. We have a hiking holiday in the north booked for Easter week. We're not sure what to do about that, the idea of flying isn't very appealing right now. We might drive up. Depends how things play out over the next week or so.
    I'm also signed up for a 5k this Sunday and a 7k on April 19th, which are part of a local series. No word about them yet.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @Avidkeo 4.5 hours seems really hardcore for a cutoff! A lot of fit women and even slower men run five hour marathons.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    @Avidkeo I can get the online calculators to line up and predict all of my other race distances, but the marathon predictions are off by almost 40 minutes. I think they assume you're perfectly trained or something.
    https://runsmartproject.com/calculator/

The race predictions for me are off no matter what calculator I use. My PR is 4:38 and some think I can go as fast as 3:23!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    @Avidkeo i saw somewhere (Can’t remember where) that whatever prediction you have, add 20 minutes for your first marathon.

I find McMillan to be pretty close for me - and the 20 minute addition for my first was also pretty much dead on.

My Garmin thinks I should have finished both marathons almost 90 minutes faster than I did (it also thinks the rest of my races should be rerun faster than my fastest ever mile ever recorded at a max HR 20 beats over what It “should” be. So I’m unsure why Garmin thinks I’m dogging it so badly in races. It knows how fast (slow) I am. And it’s LT estimate is pretty much dead on. So...???

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @eleanorhawkins @mbaker566 @kgirlhart thanks for tagging me so I can find the post!!!