WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    LisaInAr-I know how you feel about enjoying the visit but wanting life back to normal.Sorry you won’t see the 8 year old,I know that feeling as well.But maybe you’ll get a chance soon.
    Debby in Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Ooo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did One-One Training with Jackie DVD today. I realized I already owned it! So I’d be willing to sell that one. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael 10 Minute Body DVD. I KNOW I don’t have that one (or at least I’m pretty certain that I don’t)

I also found the Yoga for Belly Butt and Thigh DVD that I owned two copies of, so I’d be willing to sell that one.

Kylia – thanks for the info about inputting your weight. Any clue as to under which tab it is? Oh, I see that I can enter my weight on my tablet but not on my desktop.

Barbara – I use Chrome but it appears that I can do it from my tablet

Got a call from WalMart yesterday. It seems that even with insurance, my Lamictal will cost over $500. So today I’ll call the MD office. I’m sure he’s dealt with this before update: left a message for his assistant.

Katla – my understanding is that the UK isn’t getting the same treatment as Europe because the UK isn’t part of the EU. Why that should influence this is beyond me. It seems that lately your dh has been having a lot of blood sugar episodes. I’m sure it’s very very scary for you (and him). A talk with his doctor might show up something, maybe even bloodwork. We all change as we get older and maybe his body has changed.

Mary6 – you look AWESOME!!! I know that it’s so hard to see, but trust me, you do look awesome. Your mind may never see it.

M – did you have any doubt you’d pass your course? I didn’t…..

Michele NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Brain 🧠 fog 🌫 morning. Still JRs too hyper (energized bunny 🐰 hoppin around) to sleep normal so tired. Trying to get him on a schedule before the time change then the time change messed it up worse.

To reset ones mind of your body (whether you went from too skinny sickly then gained to healthy/or too big feel ill then lose to a healthier weight) I’ve been both was 40lb range at 14yrs old (deadly sick),70lb range after giving birth to Daughter (how to scare a Doctor in 1 step walk in over 200+ lbs pregnant step on the scale minute the kids out have the scale be that low 70’s lbs). Been over 200lbs pregnancies. After baby 1 Daughter (70lb range),baby 2 (130lb range), baby 3 (120lb range),baby 4 JR (200lb range)

1. Naked alone look in the mirror so your brain 🧠 can record your new look.
    2. Say positive things only as you stare at it
    3. Repeat daily until you picture the new you with a positive vibe.
    4. If your still not at your healthy weight keep aiming for that goal 🥅 (130lbs is my healthy weight )

Amber Tx

A pig out day most I’ve gained is 5lbs normally only 2-3lbs just got to work it off for a week.
    150.8lb loss so far
    I’m at 145lbs at the moment (15lbs to go approx). Stuck at 145 at the moment .
  • stltrimom1015
    stltrimom1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Well it looks like DH & I will have to postpone our anniversary trip :( . I know it's right thing to do but still disappointed about it. We've wanted to go to Seattle for several years and finally had everything fall into place so we could go this year. I'll need to cancel/reschedule our flights/hotel/car rental/etc - hoping we can make it work in late summer or early fall, depends on when we can both get the time off work. We had considered going now even with what's going on, but we wouldn't be able to do a lot of the things we wanted to do while we were there and it would cause issues when we got home. DH works at a nursing home/assisted living place and I work at a school so chances are we wouldn't be allowed back at work for a couple weeks after the trip. In fact, the school where I work is on spring break next week so we're taking advantage of no students here to do a deep cleaning of the facilities and everyone who possibly can will be working from home, including me. There's also the possibility that after that we'd go to online only. Several schools here have already gone to online only or extended their springs breaks for another week. We've only had one local confirmed case of the virus here but I would expect we will get more - doesn't seem like anyplace is immune to it.

JanetO - eastern MO
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Heather I know it was hard to stay home. I think you made the right decision.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Rebecca ~ Athena is just too cute!

Machka ~ My hair has never been longer than shoulder length. Yours is very lovely.

Tere ~ Sorry about your itchy skin problems. I have eczema but it has not been too bad lately.

My daughter-in-law's mother has been on a mission trip to Tanzania, Africa since the end of February. I am praying that she will be able to get a flight home with all the flying bans going on.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Grandmallie- Go to the IRS set up payments

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rebecca: What a fabulous graph you just posted! It is proof that you are succeeding. WTG!!! :star:

Mary: You are beauatiful. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Congrats on your academic success. I am not surprised that you passed the course with high marks. You’re brilliant and motivated. :star: I love the Star Trek greeting from Spock. :smiley:

Rori: I am pleased that your DH is having a good experience with the VA group. It is good for him, and also for you. :heart:

Margaret: Your kindergarten hugs are a brilliant way for people to show caring without health worries. :bigsmile: :heart:

Michele: Thanks for your kind words about DH. His doctor was notified of the low blood sugar episode. He does a good job of managing his food/insulin balance but on this occasion, he didn’t take good care of himself by eating appropriately. I was out of the house at a meeting and came home to find paramedics giving DH IV sucrose. I’m glad that they came. It has been a few years since the last time this happened. The whole experience left me stressed out. :flowerforyou:

(((Allie)))

I have nothing on my schedule for today. YAY!!!!! Between DH’s medical emergency and my parking lot fender/bender I’ve had all the stress I can handle and then some. The headache and anxious feelings are easing a bit. Dull and boring sounds very good.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Allie - I guess since your hours vary you didn’t notice you were getting more take home pay? Having to pay is always a big shock. I know that if I didn’t withhold extra we would have to pay. When they changed The W-4 a year or so ago they made announcements that people would owe if they didn’t change their W4. Perhaps that’s what got you?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Page 37

Just about to watch Pointless.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    @Machka9 Congrats on finishing your course :)
    What a beautiful beach.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Pppp