Team Jungle Jewels (Sept Tribal Challenge) - Week 1 (CLOSED

Options

Replies

• DavyRockhit
    Options
    HI everyone,

I am on Pacific Time Zone so I am just getting ready to head to Derby Practice. intense 2 hr workout... but I have already done 50 squat kicks and 50 pushups,

oops I meant 50 jumping jacks... 50 pushups would totally kill me hahahaha...

Anyways I finished today's challenge doing the Bushman Series!!! I loved it all! My sons ages 6 &almost 8 did them with me and held candles as weights, it was so awesome. I am really enjoying this so far, but it is only day two lets see if this enthusiasm sticks!!! I understand the value in group motivation and look forward to pushing eachother to get through!

4 min Tabata
    (Team Derby Life Challenge: 4 back strengthening exercises)
    2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses
    2 sets of 21’s 7 low, 7 high, 7 full
    2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s
    2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers,
    2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks,
    2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs

I fully intend to stay under calories and water, just so you know incase I dont write again on this post today. If for some reason I goof on that I will be sure to post.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    HI everyone,

I am on Pacific Time Zone so I am just getting ready to head to Derby Practice. intense 2 hr workout... but I have already done 50 squat kicks and 50 pushups,

oops I meant 50 jumping jacks... 50 pushups would totally kill me hahahaha...

Anyways I finished today's challenge doing the Bushman Series!!! I loved it all! My sons ages 6 &almost 8 did them with me and held candles as weights, it was so awesome. I am really enjoying this so far, but it is only day two lets see if this enthusiasm sticks!!! I understand the value in group motivation and look forward to pushing eachother to get through!

4 min Tabata
    (Team Derby Life Challenge: 4 back strengthening exercises)
    2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses
    2 sets of 21’s 7 low, 7 high, 7 full
    2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s
    2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers,
    2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks,
    2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs

I fully intend to stay under calories and water, just so you know incase I dont write again on this post today. If for some reason I goof on that I will be sure to post.
    That's so good that you've got your boy's involved! Congrats to all of you :drinker:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Eveyone is doing awesome!! So proud of our team!!

Ok week 1 day 2: Done
    4 min. Tabata
    2 sets of 21s
    2 sets of 15 of the following: dumb bell chest fly, lawnmowers, tricep kickbacks, weighted shoulder shrugs, and swimmer press!
    Drank over 64oz of water
    Under calories
    And a partridge in a pear tree!!!
  • littlemount
    Options
    W1/D2- Over 64 oz of water
    PGYMY series 3 sets of swimmers press+ 1 mile brisk walk
    under calories
    Bear walk- 3 minutes

Keep it going in full swing team jungle jewel.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    From Gary -

PLEASE bookmark Gary's new blog for our MFP Challenges!!! He has done a Fabulous job putting it together for us!!!

Exercise videos - http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Hugs

Thanks this is VERY helpful!!! OMG:noway: Is that what we're going to be doing for week 2??? Killer!!! I see why this is a success if you follow it and push yourself.

I also noticed with the globe jumps he says that (each jump for us counts as one) Well yesterday I thought 4 jumps =1... boy did I struggle with those...LOL so this is good news!!!

!!! I thought 4 jumps = one round also... I am also VERY glad to hear this.. lol.. that means only going around the globe 12.5times!!!

DONE Tabata
    DONE 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses
    DONE 2 sets of 21’s (used barbell with 10lbs worth of weights - need more next time)
    DONE 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s
    DONE 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers (used 8lb weights)
    DONE 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks (used 8lb weights)
    DONE 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (used 8lb weights - need more next time)

Im working on my 3rd bottle of water (will put me at 60oz) but I still have 12 hours before bed so I will be way over before then.

I also complete Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 W3D1
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pygmy Exercises Week 1/Day 2:
    2 sets of 15 Swimmer Presses, 1 mile brisk walk DONE

Bike ride w/ Hubby for 1 hour (moderate pace)

Cleaned and Vacuumed my office.. lol no idea how many calories I may have burned doing that - but thought I'd add it in here!

Drank 8 glasses of water

Under calories

So far so good! :)
  • QueenFe
    QueenFe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 2

4 min Tabata, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted) - done
    64 oz water - done
    Under cals - done
    3 min bear walk - done

And I did my 20 minute Kettle bell workout.... OMG!!! off to soak in the tub.

Way to go Team Jungle Jewels!!! Everyone is so dedicated...I love it!!! have good night!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Eveyone is doing awesome!! So proud of our team!!

Ok week 1 day 2: Done
    4 min. Tabata
    2 sets of 21s
    2 sets of 15 of the following: dumb bell chest fly, lawnmowers, tricep kickbacks, weighted shoulder shrugs, and swimmer press!
    Drank over 64oz of water
    Under calories
    And a partridge in a pear tree!!!

Doesn't the partridge in a pear tree count for an extra point, Jules?? Fantastic job, jae!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 2

4 min Tabata, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted) - done
    64 oz water - done
    Under cals - done
    3 min bear walk - done

And I did my 20 minute Kettle bell workout.... OMG!!! off to soak in the tub.

Way to go Team Jungle Jewels!!! Everyone is so dedicated...I love it!!! have good night!

I love it that you are SO driven Fe!!! Great day today..thanks for completing it all!!
  • trimom63
    Options
    Pygmy Exercises Week 1/Day 2:
    2 sets of 15 Swimmer Presses, 1 mile brisk walk DONE

Bike ride w/ Hubby for 1 hour (moderate pace)

Cleaned and Vacuumed my office.. lol no idea how many calories I may have burned doing that - but thought I'd add it in here!

Drank 8 glasses of water

Under calories

So far so good! :)

Excellent, Randi!!! You did great!! How about if, tomorrow, you take ONE exercise from Bushmen and replace it in the Pygmie workout?? Just try??? If you do Zumba, you can handle it...I have faith in THAT!!! Good girl...great day!
  • trimom63
    Options
    From Gary -

PLEASE bookmark Gary's new blog for our MFP Challenges!!! He has done a Fabulous job putting it together for us!!!

Exercise videos - http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Hugs

Thanks this is VERY helpful!!! OMG:noway: Is that what we're going to be doing for week 2??? Killer!!! I see why this is a success if you follow it and push yourself.

I also noticed with the globe jumps he says that (each jump for us counts as one) Well yesterday I thought 4 jumps =1... boy did I struggle with those...LOL so this is good news!!!

!!! I thought 4 jumps = one round also... I am also VERY glad to hear this.. lol.. that means only going around the globe 12.5times!!!

DONE Tabata
    DONE 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses
    DONE 2 sets of 21’s (used barbell with 10lbs worth of weights - need more next time)
    DONE 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s
    DONE 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers (used 8lb weights)
    DONE 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks (used 8lb weights)
    DONE 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (used 8lb weights - need more next time)

Im working on my 3rd bottle of water (will put me at 60oz) but I still have 12 hours before bed so I will be way over before then.

I also complete Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 W3D1

You ROCK!!!! What a great day today!! Keep it up and thanks for a successful day two!! :drinker:
  • trimom63
    Options
    W1/D2- Over 64 oz of water
    PGYMY series 3 sets of swimmers press+ 1 mile brisk walk
    under calories
    Bear walk- 3 minutes

Keep it going in full swing team jungle jewel.

Go, go, go, Renu!! This is GREAT!! I'm going to suggest the same thing I did for Randi....can you take ONE of the Bushmen exercises and replace a pygmie exercise with it? Take the easiest one if you have to, but that will just take you up a notch..and guess what THAT means....more calories gone!! Yessssssssssssssssss!!! Thanks for another successful day!!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Pygmy Tribal Week 1/Day 2
    88 oz of H2O and under Cals
    15 Swimmers Press(x2) 2 min
    1 Mile Walk 30 min
    Tabata (x2) 8 min
    Bear Walk 2 min
    Walking the dog 60 min
    Pushups and situps 22 min
    Total 124 min

I'm honestly struggling with the Bear walk ladies.. But i'll keep trying.
    My head feels like it'll pop off if I go beyond 2 minutes. I'm checking my blood pressure today.
  • suse75
    Options
    Let's see....walk - check...swimmer presses - check....64+ ounces water -today check...under goal -check :)
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure is good.. I guess its my short lil arms that wont let me do 3 min of Bear walks.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :angry:
  • TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 2!

I'm just going to commit to doubling up on things for as long as I can.

4 min Tabata,
    4 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses,
    4 sets of 21’s,
    4 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s,
    4 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers,
    4 sets of Tricep Kickbacks,
    4 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted) - done
    50 Squat Kicks, 50Jumping Jacks , 50Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers,
    50 Wood Chops and 50 Globe Jumps and 50 flights of stairs climbed

13 glasses water
    Under cals - done
    3 min bear walk - done and still makes my head hurt!
    Regular Workout-Done

and that once again is a wrap! Have an amazing and healthy day today!
  • TunsiAmeri
    TunsiAmeri Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure is good.. I guess its my short lil arms that wont let me do 3 min of Bear walks.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :angry:

You will get there .. each day try to add 15 seconds more and by the end of the week you should be able to get there! I know you can do it!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Good Morning Team

You are awesome!!! Fabulous work yesterday - what a team!!

Today's Exercise Challenges are -

PYGMY SERIES - 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

OR

BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced) – 4 min Tabata, 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps! .

You ALSO need to drink at least 64oz (8 glasses of water), stay under calories AND report it in the team's forum!!

Good luck team – let's dazzle!!

:wink:
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Ok Stunning Jewels - if you want to have a look at next weeks challenges -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334044-team-jungle-jewels-tribal-sept-week-2-closed-group?page=1#posts-4482745

You will notice that we move up another gear with the daily challenges AND we have a team challenge too!! Again, this is in ADDITION to our normal workouts!!

SUNDAY is our rest day from exercise challenges :wink: HOWEVER, this is the day that I need you to post your 'current weight' in the forum - the team will get 1 point for every pound lost this week!! (I appreciate that this week has been short - the challenge had been broken down over 5 weeks - W1 = 4days, W2-4 = full weeks and W5 = 3 days. The challenge ends on the 30th!)

:flowerforyou:
  • trimom63
    Options
    Day 2!

I'm just going to commit to doubling up on things for as long as I can.

4 min Tabata,
    4 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses,
    4 sets of 21’s,
    4 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s,
    4 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers,
    4 sets of Tricep Kickbacks,
    4 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted) - done
    50 Squat Kicks, 50Jumping Jacks , 50Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers,
    50 Wood Chops and 50 Globe Jumps and 50 flights of stairs climbed

13 glasses water
    Under cals - done
    3 min bear walk - done and still makes my head hurt!
    Regular Workout-Done

and that once again is a wrap! Have an amazing and healthy day today!

Fantastic!! You're rockin' these exercises!!!