nels5850 wrote: »
    Well... I joined eHarmony... Wish me luck guys! Lol 🙈♥️

I'm staying off dating sites for good;hope it works for you 🍻
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Good luck! I'd enjoy getting out for a date. But, we all know that's not going to happen any time soon. :lol:
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to stay single.....a lot of options out there.....very tricky
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »

We're like polar opposites. Not being single is not even an option for me. There is nothing out there.
  • williamkent4O4
    williamkent4O4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello ,anyone here wanna chat with me 😊
  • nels5850
    nels5850 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Have you used dating sites before? I always got the impression from others and stories that people on those sites are deranged. Good luck and be careful

Right now... It's a mixed bag. I went on eHarmony to kinda weed out the hook up guys. But you still keep the crazy. I have at least one person who is slowly showing his crazy side
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Agree with this wholeheartedly. When one isn't looking options present themselves or are introduced to you. My sister and I are always being invited to dinners and family/friends events where the hosts are not so subtly trying to match us with relatives or friends. One such event is this Saturday ... Full turkey & roasted lamb dinner and band practice 2 streets away. Shrugs.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Being single is also something special, something which is unique and profitable. It might not be easy to get back your single status after you land yourself in a relationship. One should enjoy being single while it lasts.

True. I feel that one can retain a semblance of the singleness Shangrila whilst attached. It doesn't behoove your sanity or your partner's to be whittled down to a coupling moronic drone. Don't lose the you-ness of you.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

We're like polar opposites. Not being single is not even an option for me. There is nothing out there.

There is someone out there for you V. I would stop looking if I was in your position. You cannot see him, nor he you, because YOU ARE LOOKING.

I was dating for a time. Every single one didn't even fit into two of my criteria for my ideal man that I had written when I was 20. My list is still inside my Bible my Mum gifted to me 1996 Christmas. 26 years after writing that list - my dream/ideal/ man exists in my life.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

Have you used dating sites before? I always got the impression from others and stories that people on those sites are deranged. Good luck and be careful

Right now... It's a mixed bag. I went on eHarmony to kinda weed out the hook up guys. But you still keep the crazy. I have at least one person who is slowly showing his crazy side

I think women see much more of the craziness then we men do. Keep hearing horror stories about not just crazy. But, also those just looking for a hookup or poly. I know of at least one who said that someone they were kind of interested in had a restraining order &/or registered sex offender.

When I was on, I really had nothing more than a few first dates which didn't pan out. One woman who reached out to me, very nice and polite. I responded to her with answers to her questions and she berated me in a message about how all men are pigs and deserved to be dragged out and publicly humiliated and shamed.

I did get one "relationship" out of it which lasted about two months. Though, it was a very awkward relationship and she ghosted me a day or two after I took her to a concert. Thirty days later, I get a text "I know this doesn't make things right. But..." explaining how she felt bad for ghosting me and she meant to say it was over but it never happened.

Hope you have much better luck than I have!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    Being single is also something special, something which is unique and profitable. It might not be easy to get back your single status after you land yourself in a relationship. One should enjoy being single while it lasts.

True. I feel that one can retain a semblance of the singleness Shangrila whilst attached. It doesn't behoove your sanity or your partner's to be whittled down to a coupling moronic drone. Don't lose the you-ness of you.
    I’m going to guess that some people don’t like the idea of taking your own space while attached though. I think people are different, some people might be needy of a lot of attention, while others might be comfortable letting you do your thing while they go off doing something else.

While others are completely untrusting of your time away (not being needy, just untrusting) from them.
  • nels5850
    nels5850 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I think women see much more of the craziness then we men do. Keep hearing horror stories about not just crazy. But, also those just looking for a hookup or poly. I know of at least one who said that someone they were kind of interested in had a restraining order &/or registered sex offender.

When I was on, I really had nothing more than a few first dates which didn't pan out. One woman who reached out to me, very nice and polite. I responded to her with answers to her questions and she berated me in a message about how all men are pigs and deserved to be dragged out and publicly humiliated and shamed.

I did get one "relationship" out of it which lasted about two months. Though, it was a very awkward relationship and she ghosted me a day or two after I took her to a concert. Thirty days later, I get a text "I know this doesn't make things right. But..." explaining how she felt bad for ghosting me and she meant to say it was over but it never happened.

I was pretty hopefully for a little... But I feel it slowly fading... But I paid for a year so I'm going to be doing this for at least a year or until I maybe find someone
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

I was pretty hopefully for a little... But I feel it slowly fading... But I paid for a year so I'm going to be doing this for at least a year or until I maybe find someone

I did something similar with Match. At about six months, I just hid my profile. figured the lost $50 or whatever it was worth it for not having to deal with the aggravation and so forth.

I really do wish you the best of luck. I know some people have had really good luck. Two friends of mine met their wives through online dating.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    I responded to her with answers to her questions and she berated me in a message about how all men are pigs and deserved to be dragged out and publicly humiliated and shamed.
    That’s because there are really lame idiots on these platforms who make it worse for everyone, and they spam all girls with useless dark chit. I don’t use dating platforms anymore for that reason - I don’t want to be looked upon as just another inconvenience even though my intent on them was genuine.

I get that, and I feel bad for the women who have to deal with it. But, it does not excuse her for her actions. She was the one who initiated the contact with me with a nice, decent message. My response to her was in kind. Nice, decent, respectful. Those who have interacted with me know that unless I'm very comfortable with someone, I don't do/say anything risque. "Know thy audience" is the rule I follow.

It was her second message to me which was completely uncalled for. I made no comments sexually, disrespectful or anything of the nature. I wound up reporting her to Match, along with screenshots of the three messages between us.

Again, had I of been like a lot of *kitten* men then I'd say it was warranted. But, wasn't the case.