Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,819 Member
    I totally agree that it was quite distracting.

I [bl]was [/b]actually hoping that each of you would copy and past your own challenge on your daily post rather than me doing one big one.
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    3/18
    1. Yoga - yes
    2. Stay within calories - NOPE
    3. Walk for >30 minutes - yes

Still struggling with my eating.

3/19
    1. Yoga
    2. Whole foods
    3. Pretrack
    4. Walk >30 min. (if it ever stops raining)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,147 Member
    Loving the challenge. I am going to take part (how longs it on for?) but I'm still in isolation (and think I DO have the virus) so I'm just gonna start at I dunno... 3000 steps? Could probs do that around the house?
    🐰Let’s get Hop! Hop! Hopping!🐰
    🐰Hit your Daily Step Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Name: Bex(953172)
    Daily Step Goal: 3000
    Mar: 19

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @teigansdad and @Bex953172 I hope you both feel better soon
  • ZizzyBumble
    Thursday March 19

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Water :)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

I’m in for the bunny challenge please. 🐇 I’ll use my normal Fitbit exercise goals 5 miles, 10000 steps and 30 mins activity.

Thinking of you all and hoping you are all ok.

Eater bunny challenge
    🐇
    March 19
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,819 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hope everyone is coping with the present worldwide emergency. We are self isolating and keeping our fingers crossed that we get through this.
    UK schools are closing indefinitely on tomorrow.

Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Sat 29 Feb: 148.8
    March:
    Week 1
    Sun 01: 148.6
    Mon 02: 148.9
    Tue 03: 148.8
    Wed 04: 148.6
    Thu 05: 148.4
    Fri 06: 148.5
    Sat 07: 148.2
    Week 2
    Sun 08: 148.6👀 I expect this will rise a little more with all the catered food at the birthday bash yesterday. Sodium/sugar overload.
    Mon 09: 148.9 👻
    Tue 10: 149.1
    Wed 11: 149.0
    Thu 12: 149.1
    Fri 13: 148.6🌷
    Sat 14:148.2🌷
    Week 3:
    Sun 15: 148.6
    Mon 16: 148.6
    Tue 17: 148.2
    Wed 18: 148.6
    Thu 19: 147.9
    Fri 20:
    Sat 21:
    Sun 22:
    Mon 23:
    Tue 24:
    Wed 25:
    Thu 26:
    Fri 27:
    Sat 28:
    Sun 29:
    Mon 30:
    Tue 31:
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Thu 19
    Daily Goals: 🌷
    Activities:
    • chores 🌷
    • deep clean master bathroom 🌷
    • work on jigsaw? Did some gardening as the weather was lovely
    • Plan menus for next few days 🌷
    • after lunch: hairdresser 🌷
    • Laundry🌷

JFT Fri 20
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • chores
    • deep clean downstairs shower room
    • work on jigsaw?
    • More Laundry
    • work on patchwork

🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Terri: TerriRichardson112
    Daily Challenge Goal: 7500+
    Mar: 19,
    🐰
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,247 Member
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old
    My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6
    1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
    2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain
    Ultimate goal: 165-170, and maintain
    Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    SW: Jan 3: 185.4
    SW Feb 1: 178 (-7.4 lbs)
    SW March: 183.6 (I was down to 176.6. Then, spent 2 weeks emotionally eating, just not caring. Time to get serious, and remember how I lost weight, but more importantly, remember how I can easily gain weight!.
    2020 - March
    March 8: 183.6
    Mar 10: 180.6
    March 15: 183.0 - my own fault .. 2 days of stress eating. Time to get serious
    March 17: 181

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food :)
    2. Daily challenge - 45 min planned exercise :) - went for 2 walks in between rain; 1 with hubby - 1 mile, then walked later in the evening .. saw the most beautiful sunset!! so over 3 hrs total walking today!
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. mindful eating :)
    5. work on charity quilt :)

JFT, Fri
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. do weekly weigh in (trying to only do this 1x a week)
    4. clean house
    5. work on charity quilt
    6. positive thoughts through all this global challenge.

🐰Hit your Daily Challenge Goal🐰
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Joan: Joan6630
    Daily Goal: 45 minutes of planned exercise (walking, etc) a day
    Mar: 19,
    🐰

• lauren_cass1
    lauren_cass1 Posts: 9 Member
    Friday JFT:

Be under goal
    Mindful eating
    Only snack on fruits
    Do core
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2020
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Thursday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0635, pill, walk +squats + dumbbell row, yoga, pill 🤨—slept poorly, reset the alarm. But I did get in my walk + strength at 4pm. Forgot yoga
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk 🤨 had water already, remembered Apple late in day
    3. On computer, video ready at 0755 😀
    4. Take Sudafed👿 forgot (need to check these lists during the day!!)
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk 😀
    6. Check on Michelle😀
    7. Prep speech😀
    8. Prepped salad for lunch + chicken😀
    9. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30🤨—almost. Closest I’ve come this week

So glad tomorrow is Friday. Work has been too intense, trying to check in with all my staff, keeping up and transmitting constantly changing messages related to the virus while replanning the whole year knowing I’m down 20% of my staff with 30% more work and all of these huge challenges. Husband intends to spend the weekend on the boat with the kids. Hopefully that still counts as sheltering in place. I’ll drive down after finishing up my work...too hard to work there in small space with the family. Not sure how we’ll eat...usually we eat out at the local restaurants for a few meals (either at home dock or wherever we sail it). Even the idea of him stopping at the grocery store with the kids while I’m at work worries me—he’s the opposite of a germaphobe and won’t think to wash or sanitize hands after being in the store, before getting in the car, etc. I’ll probably get the virus eventually I just really hope it’s the mild version!!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Wake 0600, pill, lets, run app, yoga, pill
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk
    3. On computer, video ready at 0820
    4. Take Sudafed
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk
    6. Prepped salad for lunch + protein yogurt
    7. Prep salads for next 2 lunches (if enough lettuce)
    8. Pack for boat
    9. Drive to boat
    10. journal
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 20 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals

Easter Bunny Challenge.🐇 I’ll use my normal Fitbit exercise goals 5 miles, 10000 steps and 30 mins activity.

March 19
    🐰

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning all!

@Bex953172 I hope you feel better. The challenge will go to 4/11, the day before Easter 😁

Yesterday 3/19:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for walk😁
    4. Finish work at 5:20😔

JFT 3/20:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for walk
    4. Finish work at 5:20
    5. Cook dinner
    🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Name: Aubrette
    Daily Step Goal: 4,000
    🐰
    Mar: 19
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Yesterday
    Stayed green
    Rested all day

Friday
    Not at work today because have to be 48 hrs w/out fever but feel back to normal!
    My boss said I can use CME hours today as I have a recertification course I needed to get done anyway. At least this way I get paid to do it (:
    So gonna fire up laptop shortly

Goals for today
    Finish cme
    500ish or more in green
    Zwift ride
    Get wife’s car to Nissan
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,598 Member
    edited March 2020
    Recap R 3/19 ~ first day of spring
    1) Trust God :neutral: All the news makes this so difficult for me ~ keep reminding myself, do what I can, and God is with me.
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,776 steps, 250+ 11/14 & 27 floors :/ see #5
    3) Net calories green / 14c water = Net cals green 22 :smiley: sodium & sugar green :smiley: fiber low-ish :/ protein good & 14c water
    4) Cognos Admin emails/labs :) / finish reformatting docs / test GA-ROP :neutral: / 3:30 conference call rescheduled to M (set up e-account prior :) )
    5) Evening: x-train / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. :( stressed out & just didn't do stuff / other? <3 called mom & dad & had good chat; <3 called aunt for wonderful talk, she's reassessing whether she goes back to Australia (dual citizen) due to travel restrictions & her heart meds, but she will miss her hubby who's already there; :) organized for work from home
    6) Unplug 9 ? / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & no tv 10 ? close? no alarm set

JFT F 3/20 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if I have to) / stairs to basement / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work at home
    4) Floss / retainers

Manager announced just before noon yesterday, effective 4:30 p.m. same day, our office working from home & travel is restricted to two counties. We are not at all set up for working remote, we're very manual process & paper-based. I am an internal auditor for a sovereign nation and all its departments / businesses. Great work/life balance focus, though.

I couldn't get a laptop with necessary technology to view Surveillance video I finally got. So yesterday afternoon we were all scrambling to gather what we think we could do within strict limitations of what we're allowed to take out of the office. Manager is being very flexible within guidelines & her demeanor helped me keep calm yesterday (I told her so too ~ I think she appreciated that).

Last night we got a little snow, but it's already melting. The wind is howling, but should die down later. I plan to take dog for long walks weather permitting. Maybe I'll even clean haha.

🐰Earn an Easter Bunny🐰

Name: Carmela
    My daily bunny goal is 10,000 steps even though that's a stretch on rest or x-training days. Will be interesting to see total steps, hourly steps & floors, now that I'm not working in my third floor office.
    Daily Step Goal: 10,000

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes Mar.
    Word for 2020: Persist Who knew what this year would be like when I picked this word?!?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,247 Member
    SERmom3 wrote: »

Yesterday was a nice family day. I had trouble sleeping last night. Worried about my husband traveling for work later this week. With all the talk of shutting down travel I just worry he’ll get stuck. 💕

I'm worried about the same thing. My husband and my brother are to travel out of state to pack up my mom's house and bring her and her stuff up to Wisconsin next week to her new house. Leaving Monday (23rd) and coming back Friday or Saturday. Her house in Indiana has been sold and she bought one up here near us (family). It's keeping me up at night that we could be put on lock down and either A) not be able to go at all which leaves her alone in a house she has to be out of by end of month or B) husband not be able to get home to me and my brother to his family in Minnesota. Scary crap. Anxiety is pretty high this week. :heart:

I would not think any lock down would mean no road travel though? I think it would mean flights, etc. People still have to be able to get out. My son lives in Michigan, but works now, via skye to people living in CA and NY .. where there is a lock down. He said people are still free to drive and go places ... they just are not suppose to be at work (unless essential). So I would not think you would have to worry about them being able to drive out of state (unless they plan on flying?). My son is still working ... he works for a place that does online support to car repair shops, and my DIL works. She is in healthcare ... so I worry about that a lot.
    It is scary... but like my husband reminds me everyday .. control what we can, and try not to worry about things we have no control over.

As I say that ... I'm heading out for a walk!