Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Good morning all! A little late wiht goals, but it's going to be a busy work day.

Goals for Sunday, March 22, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit – 50% - logged but over calorie limit
    • Bunny challenge! 10,000 steps - √
    • Check in with family - √ -
    • Set up Zoom, deal with tech issues - √
    • Grading/Email/LMS updates – X
    • Self-care activity – Went for a walk and took the evening off
    • Bed by midnight – So close! Turning in at 12:02 and I got a text from my daughter. But I was in bed by 12:20.

JFT Goals for Monday, March 23, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Bunny challenge! 10,000 steps
    • Check in with family
    • Online class
    • Grading/Email/LMS updates
    • Self-care activity
    • Bed by midnight

Bunny challenge
    Daily Challenge Goal: 10,000 steps
    Mar: 19,20,22
    🐰🐰🐰
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Greetings! I know it has been a long while since I was on here...I have been taken up with a couple of groups more related to our son who recently graduated from Air Force basic training. It was quite unfortunate that the virus made its appearance while he was in training. His group of nearly 800 were the first to not be able to have friends or family present. It's a pretty big deal---it is a two day ceremony and then they get liberty both on and off base for four days. All this was canceled. The did a much shorter swearing in and the next day left for his tech school. It was very emotionally hard on families. I grieved for the young people who had not seen family for over 8 weeks, especially those who had not been away from home before.

He gets to tech school and they have closed all theater, bowling, gym, etc. He is not allowed to leave the base and as of last week can't receive visitors, which meant his sister was no longer able to travel out to see him for the day. And to top it off, the base has no toilet paper!!! The BX is "wiped clean", lol! His roommate has three rolls. Ally, his sister was bringing him some before the base closed to visitors. So she is mailing some to him...using it as packing, lol!

I have thought of y'all often. It's amazing how truly life can change in a blink of an eye.

If you are wanting to do some exercising Faithful Workouts is doing live workouts each morning on their fb page, with the same name. There is a beginner and an intermediate class. They will be recorded so you can do them later if need be. The times listed are eastern standard time.

May we all find joy in these circumstances! My son will find joy in having toity paper, no doubt!! He has been there since March 14 but we just got his address on Saturday...his birthday is Thursday and guess what he's getting, lol!

Take care of yourselves. Not forever.

56x4ra2wppzp.png

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    @toaljasa So nice to see you! I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to attend your son's graduation from boot camp. It's such a big deal that it had to be very disappointing to all of you. I wonder how many others in our military don't have TP? Maybe we will have to start sending care boxes to the military filled with TP! :)

Thanks also for sharing the video series! I need to schedule in some exercise, along with stop stuffing my face! I've been just terrible. Today I'm doing pretty good but it's early yet... LOL
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    3/22
    1. Yoga - yes
    2. Hike with Penny - yes
    3. Stay within calorie goal - yes (FINALLY!)

1. Yoga
    2. >30 min walk
    3. Stay within calorie goal

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @PackerFanInGB I PM'd you again lol.. xx
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 22 March

Log >:) will catch up tomorrow
    Stay in the green ;) Don’t know
    Fruit and veg (don’t think I’m going to manage 5 in the future as I’m reliant on grocery deliveries) :| 3 was the best I could do
    Water :) no excuse!
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Easter Bunny Challenge.🐇 I’ll use my normal Fitbit exercise goals 5 miles, 10000 steps and 30 mins activity.

March 19, 20, 21, 22 23
    🐰 🐰 🐰🐰 🐰

Packing up tonight/tomorrow to move in with my parents. I’m in the U.K. and mum has to “shelter” for the next 12 weeks plus due to her lung cancer. I can’t risk continuing to travel between my house and theirs despite the fact I’ve been avoiding all social contact for the last 2 weeks. I’m sad and scared and the extra glass of wine is not helping me relax!

Thinking of you all as you deal with the scary future.

I will try my best to be positive and I am planning ahead. My current knitting project is an Icelandic jumper. Not too difficult and it grows fast. Once it’s finished, I’m taking on a far more challenging project; I’m going to knit a gansey. New techniques and much finer wool/narrower needles than I’m used to.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Monday 22 March

Log >:) will catch up tomorrow
    Stay in the green ;) Don’t know
    Fruit and veg (don’t think I’m going to manage 5 in the future as I’m reliant on grocery deliveries) :| 3 was the best I could do
    Water :) no excuse!
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Easter Bunny Challenge.🐇 I’ll use my normal Fitbit exercise goals 5 miles, 10000 steps and 30 mins activity.

March 19, 20, 21, 22 23
    🐰 🐰 🐰🐰 🐰

Packing up tonight/tomorrow to move in with my parents. I’m in the U.K. and mum has to “shelter” for the next 12 weeks plus due to her lung cancer. I can’t risk continuing to travel between my house and theirs despite the fact I’ve been avoiding all social contact for the last 2 weeks. I’m sad and scared and the extra glass of wine is not helping me relax!

Thinking of you all as you deal with the scary future.

I will try my best to be positive and I am planning ahead. My current knitting project is an Icelandic jumper. Not too difficult and it grows fast. Once it’s finished, I’m taking on a far more challenging project; I’m going to knit a gansey. New techniques and much finer wool/narrower needles than I’m used to.

I hope you and your mum will be okay! I'm in the UK too, and now we're in total lock down!

I'd love to see a pic of your knitting project when it's done! Hopefully that will help you pass some time!

We tried to buy flour today and there was non out of 7 shops!! And now the lockdown rules are even tighter. I think buying flour so I can make cakes is not a "necessity" 😂
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    So much for logging on in the morning to set goals! Back-to-back meetings all day today related to COVID-19 starting at 0730 this morning. Finally shut down my work laptop and made myself dinner and can relax and hopefully watch something on TV that has nothing to do with COVID-19!

Word has it that our Governor in WI is going to issue the order tomorrow. I hope my husband is able to get home from Indiana later this week. :(

Although I didn't get my goals written in here, I did have some in mind all day so I think I'll list them since some of them still need to be done. I have to have accountability or I will be unable to fit through the front door by the end of this shelter in place order.

Just for Monday, 3/23:
    1. Journal every snack and stick to pre-logged meals.
    2. Drink at least 64 oz of water
    3. Take Maddie for a walk around the neighborhood
    4. Lymphatic massage
    5. Lymphatic exercises
    6. Knee exercises
    7. Gentle Chair Yoga
    8. Gratitude Journal, inspirational daily readings, Calm app, Bible app lesson/study
    9. Bed on time and get up tomorrow at my normal time! Stop sleeping in!

I would like to join the HOP TO IT challenge! I will give myself a bunny for each day that I do some sort of intentional activity. If I get in at least 15 minutes of intentional activity, I will count it. I don't want to feel as if I'm failing if I can't get enough steps in while working at home.

HOP TO IT!
    3/22: 🐰
    3/23: 🐰

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀

Monday Action Plan
    1. Up at 5:45, pill,run, yoga, pill 🤨—got up, but stomach upset. Started out for my run but turned back up well. Went for a walk before dinner instead.
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk 😀
    3. On computer, video ready at 0745😀
    4. Take Sudafed👿
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk😀
    6. Prepped salad for lunch + pot roast😀
    7. Prep salads for next 2 lunches 👿—Yikes!! Forgot!! But I pre-prepped 3 dinners...I can eat one for lunch and have a salad for dinner
    8. Make sheet pan pork dish😀
    9. Set out workout clothes😀
    10. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30👿—something about this situation (anxiety, whatever) has me staying up late. Need to fix my schedule.

Bunny Goal: 30 minutes of exercise or else 10k steps each day
    Mar 19,20,21,22,23
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

I need to wake up out of this funk and do things that best serve me, not my free floating anxiety about this situation. Tomorrow I will be upstairs by 9 with the “reward” of a meditation session. Lights out before 10 so that getting up the next morning is easier as intended. Spend my time planning activities for my family.

Thoughts and prayers to all of you worries about your families and yourself. May we all get through this with both health...and sanity!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0630, pill, run app, else walk +squats + dumbbell row, yoga, pill
    2. Put Apple in fridge and water bottle at desk
    3. On computer, video ready at 0755
    4. Take Sudafed
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk
    6. Pork dish for lunch
    7. Laundry—one load
    8. Prep salad for dinner and for next 2 lunches
    9. Upstairs by 9, meditate, journal, lights out 9:30
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited March 2020
    Good morning everyone! I'm glad to see the sun today. I'm hoping to get out and work in the yard a bit.

Rained all day yesterday, so I didn't get out. I was in a bit of a funk because my husband headed back to his commuter apartment and will be going in to work some days. When I called my mom, I noticed that she sounded blue. I tried to get her set up on Zoom but we ran into some problems. Then my daughter texted me to say the ceiling in her bedroom was leaking. She was able to take temporary measures and schedule a repairman for Monday, but we're expecting more rain this week. It's hard to feel so cut off and unable to help.

But the day wasn't all bad. I was up early and lucked out in getting a grocery delivery slot, so I was able to get some fresh dairy and produce. My online classes are going pretty well so far, and most of my students are logging in and doing work. And my daughter and son are sending me lots of pictures of the grandkids - they never fail to make me smile!

@TerriRichardson112 - Thank you for reminding me that I too have much to be grateful for and that I can do this. I really appreciated the song.
    @jeschepp - Sorry to hear about all the frustrations you're experiencing, but looks like you'll be on the move soon. Congrats on signing that contract!

Goals for Monday, March 23, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Bunny challenge! 10,000 steps – X
    • Check in with family - √
    • Online class - √
    • Grading/Email/LMS updates - √
    • Self-care activity – Afternoon nap?
    • Bed by midnight – X Up until 3 catching up on grading

JFT Goals for Tuesday, March 24, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Bunny challenge! 10,000 steps
    • Check in with family