Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I had 18AF days for January
    I had a surprising (and record setting for me) 21AF days for the short month of February!

Sunday March 01 - AF - The month kind of came in like a lamb out West.
    Monday March 02 - AF -
    Tuesday March 03 - AF - It is my designated drink day, and I felt like having drinks but decided not to today.
    Wednesday March 04 - AF
    Thursday March 05 - 3 drinks
    Friday March 06 - AF - Felt like having a few drinks, but didn't because of my recent 2AF days in a row rule.
    Saturday March 07 - 3 drinks
    Sunday March 08 - AF
    Monday March 09 - AF - Going to be AF for at least a few days, I have lots going on this week.
    Tuesday March 10 - AF - Stressful work day, my usual drinks day, maybe later in the week.
    Wednesday March 11 - AF - Early morning tomorrow, so no drinks tonight.
    Thursday March 12 - AF -
    Friday March 13 - 3 drinks
    Saturday March 14 - AF.
    Sunday March 15 - Drinks.
    Monday March 16 - AF
    Tuesday March 17 - 2 drinks.
    Wednesday March 18 - 3 drinks - my post is getting a bit long, I will delete some of it...
    Thursday March 19 - 3 drinks. I was just being self-indulgent. Time to rack up more AF days soon.
    Friday March 20 - 3 drinks. Self indulgence continues.
    Saturday March 21 - 3 drinks. Just about ready to get back on the AF bandwagon although I am not sure really why. At least for a couple of days.
    Sunday March 22- AF - Glad to have a motivator to make me AF for at least a couple of days - I have a telephone job interview Tuesday morning at 7am, so I want to be as fresh as possible. Not a great paying job, but there are benefits and stock options which is more important to me at this stage. Garden Centre for Home Depot here in town. Inching toward that 16-20 AF days for the month.
    Monday March 23 - AF - Lots of fresh air today, early to bed and getting up very early to be awake and functioning for my 7am telephone interview (thinking that it must be someone in the East to whom that is 9am). I will Zumba first to get some oxygen to my brain : - )

14 AF days out of 23 days
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy You are a very pretty lady. And you live in a beautiful area...I love those glorious pine trees.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member
    21 days AF/23..!

@dawnbgethealthy : great pix, lucky you to live in such a beautiful place! I've only been familiar with B.C. (Whistler/Squamish/Vancouver Island)

@shorepine : I love Oregon! The land of the best pinor noir and magical waterfalls! I'd live there over Idaho any day, the plus is that I could drive over to Canada in the summer....
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy you are something woman! Beautiful fun selfie, uplifting . Hope your interview went well.
  • MissMay
    Womona wrote: »
    2 AF days in a row, which beings my total to a whopping 5 this month. I really wanted a drink tonight, but didn’t. That’s what happens with daily drinking- cravings creep back!

5 AF days @Womona is better than no AF days. And two in a row get you to the front of the class! So nice to have you checking in again.😎
  • MissMay
    shorepine wrote: »
    Well, I was doing so well considering how crazy everything is right now, but then on Saturday had a bit of a binge drinking episode. We have a family we are still socializing with, they have kids the same ages as ours and have also agreed not to socialize with anyone else. They came over to our place with their camper Saturday night and my friend and I got into my fancy wine- sharing a bottle of sparkling rose. Then after that was over, around the campfire I had 3 vodka sodas over the course of the evening. I guess I needed the release and it was the only socialization I'd had in a while. I woke up yesterday feeling awful, both from the alcohol and from the alcohol-induced ice cream eating binge that happened. I am not going to let this happen again! Managed an AF day yesterday and planning to have a few more in a row before I even look at that wine rack again.

Mar 21: 6 drinks, I think
    Mar 22: AF

So far in March 15/22 days AF

It happens to the best of us. Out of the blue...BAM...more drinks than we had planned. Good news is, you got a hold on it the next day. Moving forward now, right?
  • MissMay
    jillianash wrote: »
    Mar 21: one glass red wine
    Mar 22: one glass of red wine

And the bottle is gone! Definitely considered cracking open another wine last night. But didn’t! I actually did a tae bo workout after my glass of wine. And went to bed early. Lol woo!!! Will still be trying to avoid alcohol completely for the rest of the month. Once you start it’s a slippery slope! Proud of everyone who is still posting in this group! It’s a stressful time so don’t give up!!! Only a week left in March now! Let’s finish strong!

Love the end of your post. "LET'S FINISH STRONG"
  • MissMay
    @anglilacs, @helen_goldthorpe glad you are doing well.

@KrazedBemused hang in there, re-adjust your goals if need be and get back on track. We are pulling for you.
  • MissMay
    Day 19 AF done! Goal is to be AF thru month end. It's good for me. Alcohol causes depression and anxiety once it wears off and it lowers the immune system. Really don't need these extra problems!

If there's ever a time to step up and be strong, it's now....

EXCELLENT POINT @globalhiker. Well put. Almost to the end.
  • MissMay
    lilann1961 wrote: »
    @Womona I was terrified to even check the comments here, because I am exactly in your boat. I have done terrible. I find if I go outside for a long walk with the family, I do better, but I still drink.

As extroverted as I am, I have no problem staying home and following directions of the Governor and CDC. I am hoping to read more, play with the kids and do as many learning things with them as possible. We shall get through this. Just need to make sure I don't completely fall back into my old habits.

Nice to hear from you. No matter if your doing well or not in your own eyes you will never be judged by us. Keep up your thoughts of not falling back into bad habits.
  • MissMay
    MissMay wrote: »
    @LoveyChar ....OMG...... you make the same exact noodles I do by hand. I absolutely love homemade egg noodles. I assume you are offering takeout to go orders? 🙄

P.S. are those "smarties" in that little bowl behind the noodles? My favorites are the orange in the wrapper.