Agreed
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    this working from home crap isn't cool, and I think it's uncomfortable

Agreed

Better than not working at all. Fortune has many faces my friends.

You are correct- it could be worse - and I’m blessed to be able to - but still it’s not comfortable - I’d rather be in an office is all
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I have been battling to do my workouts for almost two weeks. Every damn time I DON'T want to do my lifts. I'm like a freaking kid with homework.

I've been forcing myself to still do them, but for crying out loud, it'd be nice to be excited about it for once!

It's making me cranky.

I've heard this is a big sign of over training

Lol... Not for me. I'm lucky if I can get in two lifting sessions a week. I think it's more emotionally driven than anything.

I lift in my basement, and sometimes I find it kind of lonely to lift by myself. It's hard to get excited by gains when you don't really have anyone to share it with.

Same... I'm transitioning atm from my work gym with mirrors all around to my garage... No mirrors sucks lol

I have one mirror in mine... And it's pretty small. It's enough to get a bit of flexing in. I painted words and pics on my basement walls to make it feel more gym vibey and I like that (especially because they reflect in the one mirror).

I'm a social creature. I do better when I have someone cheering me on and pushing me, and when I can do the same... But even without covid19, I don't have the finances for a regular gym.

My setup at home is pretty slick, so I can't complain. I just have low motivation a lot of days. 😞

For myself... I'm not sure if it's ever been a question of motivation... I'm just on auto pilot most days and it's easier for me to work out then to not...

I think I've just been like a snowball rolling down the hill... Building momentum over time... Don't look at it as if you lack motivation but rather momentum... It's a mental shift that seems to help me
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    I have been battling to do my workouts for almost two weeks. Every damn time I DON'T want to do my lifts. I'm like a freaking kid with homework.

I've been forcing myself to still do them, but for crying out loud, it'd be nice to be excited about it for once!

It's making me cranky.

I've heard this is a big sign of over training

Lol... Not for me. I'm lucky if I can get in two lifting sessions a week. I think it's more emotionally driven than anything.

I lift in my basement, and sometimes I find it kind of lonely to lift by myself. It's hard to get excited by gains when you don't really have anyone to share it with.

Same... I'm transitioning atm from my work gym with mirrors all around to my garage... No mirrors sucks lol

I have one mirror in mine... And it's pretty small. It's enough to get a bit of flexing in. I painted words and pics on my basement walls to make it feel more gym vibey and I like that (especially because they reflect in the one mirror).

I'm a social creature. I do better when I have someone cheering me on and pushing me, and when I can do the same... But even without covid19, I don't have the finances for a regular gym.

My setup at home is pretty slick, so I can't complain. I just have low motivation a lot of days. 😞

For myself... I'm not sure if it's ever been a question of motivation... I'm just on auto pilot most days and it's easier for me to work out then to not...

I think I've just been like a snowball rolling down the hill... Building momentum over time... Don't look at it as if you lack motivation but rather momentum... It's a mental shift that seems to help me

I think my biggest fear is that every time I start to build momentum, SOMETHING happens. Injury, illness, mild crisis... And I derail again. It's been going well... Been consistently working out since mid Jan after having taken almost a year break... (or was it two years?). I'm almost back up to where I stopped my stronglifts program last time, and I think I'm afraid to believe this time I'll make it through and keep rising.

I am pretty sure this is mental, and I need to push through. It's just been a tough wall to hit.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Watching Stephen King's, "The Stand." 🗣 Punctuated the importance of 'Quarantine' and 'Isolation ' for me. 😷🙏🏻
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    will there be a whole lot of babies being born in 9-10 months or will there be none??
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    As I was poring a near empty bottle {2 loads worth, remaining} dishwasher gel into the dishwasher, the realization that I forgot to shake the bottle 1st made me think that I should rewash the load after the cycle finishes but then I thought that with the bottle being that empty, just turning it upside down must've produced enough splash to thoroughly mix it.

Plus I didn't see a separation of the color and/or texture, thereby it was my belief that it's fine but just to be certain, when this load was done & prior to emptying the dishwasher, I chose to fill it via a new bottle after ensuring that I shook it.

& the tldr moment, that you've all been waiting for results:

There was, no difference!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    will there be a whole lot of babies being born in 9-10 months or will there be none??

Probably more divorces
  • DecadeDuchess
    edited March 2020
    Options

I hope not, only because we don't know the effect that this virus'll have, upon the pregnant and/or unborn, if they get it.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

6vvbcozkeis2.png
  • DecadeDuchess
    Options

Probably more divorces

I remember this being a trend among celebrity couples, they'd meet when busy but once they were between jobs, they were unable to tolerate each other for that extended amount of time.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    this working from home crap isn't cool, and I think it's uncomfortable

Agreed

Better than not working at all. Fortune has many faces my friends.

True. I'm one of the unemployed, living on savings, who would relish a job, onsite or at home.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    dear mother earth, yeah we went crazy,
    so you sent us a virus as you saw fit;
    but now
    nvts7lgarije.jpg
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if the stores are going to be like Black Friday pandemonium, once this crisis is ending & stores are fully stocked & operational? People surely will be buying in bulk, just in case this or another crisis flares up. They'll also be happy to be shopping in other stores after weeks/months of being cooped up. And, so many will have done without their usual food for so long, they'll be over-buying for sure.

My fitness center is small anyway & often so filled I can't get in it (it's often still full at midnight), even though it's 24/7. I imagine the same as above... I'd better get used to working out at home and/or walking for exercise, cuz I don't expect to see the treadmill anytime soon, fitness center closed or open.

Was going to get a roommate, but I'm currently glad I hadn't. Even though it would be far easier financially, probably best that I ride out the lease on my own, even though it's many months away.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I took a drive.
    People were outside everywhere I looked.
    Everyone seemed to be doing the distancing.

Lots of cars.
    The sun’s out and it’s warm, I think people just needed to get out of the house.
    Food, meds and gas are really the only places open around here where I live.
    No groups of more than 5.

Thank goodness the sun is going to shine here for a while. 😊
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    dear mother earth, yeah we went crazy,
    so you sent us a virus as you saw fit;
    but now
    nvts7lgarije.jpg

I'm not even gonna fact check this and just assume it's real. It makes sense.
  • ilb6
    ilb6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How my fingers aren’t swollen today...amazing
  • ilb6
    ilb6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Yep