60 yrs and up

Replies

• lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Hey everyone! Welcome jlmorehouse! You will get there. At one point I weighed 298 lbs. scared the pookie out of me because I was diagnosed with diabetes then too. I have lost 100 lbs so far. It’s been a long road but I’m doing it and you can too! The support here is great and a lot of good advise and encouragement! I am going to keep myself busy in the craft room today. My granddaughter loves horses and there was a big chalk drawing of 3 horses running at our clubhouse it was professionaly done the frame is a little messed up so I took it apart and am going to paint the frame and give it to her for her room. That’s my goal today is get that done oh yeah and go for a walk in between rain showers. Everyone have a great day stay positive and healthy we can do this. We didn’t get to be seniors by giving up! 🤓
  • lindagalbreath577
    Hey I started the 10 minute Hitt routine first time I didn’t do 10 minutes but did do 6 now I need a nap lol you do as much As you can in 10 min. It’s 3 exercises I think I’ll do it 2x day. I needed to challenge myself this is definitely a challenge!! I’m going to do it! 🤓
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    @Fishwishing, this rain and temps should encourage those morals to pop up. Definitely in the top 5 of my bucket list was to find the Morel Motherlode, but alas, even my dearly departed uncle would not divulge his spot. I even offered to be blindfolded! I'll started having dreams about them soon, always do right before the season starts. We used to go to the Richmond MO Mushroom festival first weekend of May and pay $50 a LB but probably won't have one this year...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • CA20JB
    CA20JB Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new to MyFitnessPal -- hoping to use this time of forced isolation and (a bit) more flexible schedule to get into shape. I'm in Southern California, work in healthcare education (lots of friends and colleagues "on the frontlines"), and run a medium-sized nonprofit. Lots of stress right now! Any words of welcome and encouragement would be much appreciated!
  • nurseman78
    nurseman78 Posts: 5 Member
    Feel free to add me more friends the better!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    lindagalbreath Mother's Day? Great, will hold off, maybe the one stubby one will hang on. Peas up and beans pushing. Several brambles show life and I will mow - soon.
    It is Saturday (I checked). Not feeling as well as I think I should but scale hints I might be sliding on down toward April goal (150 anything). Went out to walk but it was too warm/humid. Going to sacrament tomorrow-my time is 9:20 am. Watching Harry Potter for what has to be 84th time.
    Wishing you all good weather or fair winds and following seas. Saw on weather channel some in mid-country might have tornadoes.
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Hello, hope everyone is well and dealing with the pandemic in a positive way. I honestly am struggling with the isolation and necessary changes to stay safe and distanced. The only thing I feel I have control over right now is making good food choices and exerciseing and so I have. Welcome to our new members. Now is the time to make change for ourselves and to honor those that are working tirelessly to keep us safe. Stay connected, we're in this together.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Went out for a desert hike today with my son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter and the pup. Walked about 3 miles through the rocks and the sagebrush. The dog got a swim in the Snake River. Lots of folks out hiking - many with dogs, but everyone kept their distance and was on their best behavior.

Like many of you, I am avoiding most of the news. Life seemed almost normal today. Here's to more days like that.

Please add me as a friend if you like. Glad to share support and encouragement.
  • lindagalbreath577
    Hey everyone how’s been your day? Mine was good. Rode stationary bike for 12 minutes today it is cold and rainy here today so doing things inside. Josephinebowman you could start watering your tomato plant with miracle grow that should help give it a boost. Do that once a week. Have a good night sleep well!!🤓
  • barbiecat
    :) Good Morning, all. I got up at 4:45 and walked the dogs for 20 minutes. Then I fed them, read some spiritual stuff to put my brain in the right place, and now I'm eating breakfast with MFP as a companion. At 7, I'll meet a friend to take the dogs for a longer walk, come home and talk to hubby for awhile, then meet another friend for our weekly hour long walk.

:)j29t You are right, that we can control what we eat and how we exercise. Also, I can control my response to what life is dealing right now.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Good afternoon. I somewhat mowed (happily I was almost out of gas). Went to sacrament meeting (time was 9:20 but the men were late). 90 degrees here according to my car (got gas at WalMart). Feeling a bit better (allergies under control but a 3 inch rip on my leg from arguing with blackberry cane). Tomorrow school for son and I need to clean yard of branches, blown trash, etc. I am glad to report the redbud tree, crabapples, and flowering cherries are lovely and 2 iris are blooming as are little azaleas. Found some more plants to move this week. Summer is overtaking Spring. I have forgotten if we are having a lion or lamb but it looks like lamb here for end of March.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited March 2020
    That's a great challenge, Rob. I have done some local hikes that I did not complete the first time, either. Third time was the charm. Keep going back until you reach the top!

Walked 6+ miles today around the perimeter of a local golf course that was closed. The dog and I had the whole place to ourselves. It was grand!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Did a short but steep and rugged hike today. Did not get as far as I wanted, what passed as a trail got too rough for me to feel safe, but I did get a good workout in trying. Wish it was summer like here, temperature was probably near freezing on the hike. You can make out some of the better part of the trail to the left of and above the stream in the photo below. 2vu9uuqwj62y.jpg
    On the hike, in my LSU sweatshirt, the greatest college football team on earth (this year anyway) and my alma mater. pcyikx34uvcl.jpg

Wow what a beautiful place to hike!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    That's a great challenge, Rob. I have done some local hikes that I did not complete the first time, either. Third time was the charm. Keep going back until you reach the top!

Walked 6+ miles today around the perimeter of a local golf course that was closed. The dog and I had the whole place to ourselves. It was grand!

Sounds like you had a fab time!
  • barbiecat
    :)Rob and Steve, Your walks sound quite impressive. My walks are almost always in my own neighborhood with a view of the Olympic Mountains. My claim to fame is consistency. I walk every morning no matter what the weather....I was slowed only following spine surgery in 2016 when I could walk only in the house with a walker for about 10 days.

:)Josephine, all your yard work sounds great. Unlike walking, when you finish a session of yardwork, everyone can see how hard you worked.

:) I just listened to a podcast where people shared what goodies they bought for their "doomsday pantry" and I realized that I am continuing to eat exactly as I did before the lock down. That is clearly a NSV (non scale victory) for me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA