Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    msmimi wrote: »
    Hi all! I would love to join.
    -Practice yoga- Right now I can only do 10-15 minutes and I find even the beginner workouts and moves difficult. But I want to keep at it. By the end of the month I want to complete a full yoga workout.

Welcome! I'm 72 and have compromised lungs so exercise if difficult for me. My doctor suggested yoga would be a good way to begin. I have a seated exercise program for seniors and looked for one for yoga. I have found one I like. I also like the instructor's voice which is very important to me. The sound needs to be turn wayyyy up so you can hear her ... just remember to turn it back down after. LOL The video is on Yahoo if you'd like to check it out.

Self Quarantine Yoga: A Relaxing 30 Minute Chair Yoga for Everyone
  • cesse47
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    I know we are 1 week into April but i'd like to join.
    I have just weighed in at 312lbs. The heaviest i've ever been.
    My goals for April are just to ease myself back into the routine of losing weight.

Drink more water
    Start tracking my food again
    Go on small daily walks again

Welcome. I just started the end of last month at 308 lbs. I'm also trying to re-establish the habits of tracking, drinking, exercise, etc I need in order to be successful. Joining this group was definitely a good step to take (I'd never joined any groups previously.) I'm also trying to incorporate exercise which I've never successful done.
    At the bottom of the main group page is a list of Announcements. One is the habit tracker which I find helps me "see" better how I'm doing on the top 5-6 habits I'm trying to get established.
    F2F HABIT TRACKER - APRIL 2020

Check it out; maybe it can help you as well. Good Luck
  • cesse47
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    The good news is that I was craving going out to a Mexican restaurant and that is why I planned the enchilada casserole for sometime this week. It was yummy and easy to make. We added guacamole and light sour cream.

The enchilada casserole sounds yummy for sure! Since my granddaughter loves this type of food I think I'll add it to the recipe/grocery list for next week. Thanks!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    suziieq44 wrote: »
    Hi all just found this and going to join in even though it's the 9th already.

Welcome! So, forget last week ... today starts your new week and you can Kick It!!
    Friend request sent. :)
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    suziieq44 wrote: »

I am 63 and like others on here have some health problems, been on FP for a little over three months now and finding it very helpful. I weigh in on Thursday's and this week had a gain from 228 to 231 was so disappointed and upset with myself and not even sure how that happened. Been outside walking more lately then I ever thought possible doing about a mile a day and using an at home treadmill off and on also. Last year could barely walk to the corner stop sign ....so on that front a big improvement, no pain improvement but still happy to be out and be walking that far is awesome. Wondering if maybe from that am building up some muscle and that might explain some of the gain? Don't know....is what it is I guess.

I've been doing this for three months and two things I have learned about my weight loss pattern are this; I will ALWAYS post a weight gain if I did exercise the day before. Yesterday painting and moving stuff around? Today up a pound. It's water weight as the muscles repair themselves, and if I just keep my calories in budget and drink plenty of water it will even out. The other thing is that I plateau and then drop. I just had a big drop and am now right around 271. And for the next week or even two, I will dance between 273 and probably 269. Then one day I will wake up and weigh and be...277, then the next day 275.8, then 274, and dance around 274 for a week or so.... because that's how my body has done it and will do it. But the math doesn't lie; if I am not eating the calories to gain, I won't gain. I have often taken comfort in that.

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6 - congratulations on logging a loss! And to add to what @MuttiNM said - lemon pepper on popcorn is really good too. Makes you not miss the butter.