What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Annd Im not in Florida - but still, contact your local town authorities by email for clarification, then you have back up if a bylaw officer questions you

...wtf has this world turned in to - we are scared to be fined for going for a walk

Not being flippant... but, what are local town authorities? I just moved to this state, but still, as a lifetime renter am not aware of local gov't... HMOs, condo associations, city hall, etc. The only "laws" I've ever concerned myself with were set by my lease & bldg owner.

So, should I call the local police (not 911, of course)? And, if the answer is yes, do I call the police in my county, state?? When I try to find local TV stations, they don't seem to cover this info, so I don't know who to contact.

TYVM!

I live in southern Ontario, Canada.
    Same, renter not bothered by local (or any, for me) politics
    I took a pic of the sign posted and emailed them.
    Will take a pic of the "scary" sign tomorrow and show you...its confusing

Oh, no worries, VV, didn't know you were in CAN... my bad.

I'll just contact the local police... see if I can find an email online or will look up the non-emergency #.

No one else is about & more than half of the usual cars in my apt complex (500 apts) are gone & have been for a long time. There are only 2 or 3 of us in my bldg now... out of 12 apts.

Yeah... it's weird, for sure.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Thinking about doing this tonight with my wigs 😅

4dvrufdncnvr.jpg

😂🤣💗

🤣🤣

avk5rydpfw8j.jpg

But...did you name them?!
    I'm thinking "Hariette" and "Locksia"

🤣😂 those names are great! I was wondering what to call them. I asked them their names but they're really quiet and wouldn't tell me. I'll take out the blonde one and purple one tonight..😜
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options

4dvrufdncnvr.jpg

😂🤣💗

🤣🤣

avk5rydpfw8j.jpg

i bet T drank all the Bailey's and didn't leave any for Hariette and Locksia! >:)

You know me too well 🤣
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options

4dvrufdncnvr.jpg

😂🤣💗

🤣🤣

avk5rydpfw8j.jpg

🤣😂 those names are great! I was wondering what to call them. I asked them their names but they're really quiet and wouldn't tell me. I'll take out the blonde one and purple one tonight..😜

really quiet..... :D
  • GrumpySparkles
    GrumpySparkles Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    some beautiful girls in the neighborhood... I walked around and...🤩😵😵😲😱

OMG I adore your avatar pic!

I can't decide what to put for mine -.-
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options

4dvrufdncnvr.jpg

😂🤣💗

🤣🤣

avk5rydpfw8j.jpg

really quiet..... :D

I'm used to talking to myself 🙄🤣
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm a little upset that some people still don't get the gravity of this. Last night I got invited to go hangout with a few neighbors and I got crap for it when I declined. They said I can go on walks but I can't hangout?! Yes!!! You jerks. Walks are still allowed and keeps my sanity in check. I'm in an open area with very minimal human contact. I'm annoyed. These are the people that keep spreading this *kitten* around. And tbh even going on walks is very questionable for me. I see teenagers hanging out with their "friends" at the park.... I'm not sure going on walks is even safe anymore 😢

this seems to be rampant everywhere. it's so frustrating. don't let them get to you... real friends will understand the implications doing *kitten* like this. nobody wants this at all obviously. but do your duty as an ADULT CITIZEN , and comply and respect your community ffs!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    fresh baked, 100% homemade / last night:

q30t6jm75wfb.jpg

A recipe attached to this would have been nice you know 🤤
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

q30t6jm75wfb.jpg

A recipe attached to this would have been nice you know 🤤

I have no idea; I'm not the baker.... <3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Just read today that a woman was arrested for sitting on a park bench... don't recall which state. So... I'm confused.

In FL, can I walk outside for exercise, with no destination in mind & not for essential food supplies? And, can I do so sans mask? I don't have a mask & don't even know where I'd get one at this stage in the lockdown.

I'd like to go for a walk, but I'd like not to be arrested mid-stream. :tired_face:

MS here, so it might be different. We are allowed to walk or exercise for recreation as long as it's not in a closed off area (all the parks and beaches) and as long as we're maintaining the social distance. Families are encouraged to wear masks when out together for recreation, but no one is coming to arrest them or anything.

I can go to the store for essential supplies (cat litter and food falls in this category), but I have to wear a mask (homemade or otherwise) if I enter any facility. My stepmother made some very simple masks from spare fabric and some elastic used in jewelry making for kid's crafts and mailed them to us. So not official masks, but a tad better and more secure than the bandanas and old t-shirts I've seen some folks using to fashion as masks.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I need better hobbies. My day has consisted of sorting Magic: The Gathering cards and looking at all the Level 4 select agents and classifications for Ebola viruses. :neutral:

Are you kidding me in life?!!!
    Your crocheting, and drawing puts, hmmm, I'm guessing a lot of the population to shame for creative thinking/skills!
    ...and your cute fence painting!
    So, you play card games sometimes, that require imagination...I think you're good, lady - your brain is working well!

If you want a challenge, draw me a surreal anime peacock!!
    Please!

A surreal anime peacock huh? I might just do that. I am bored enough of doing puzzles that it might be nice to stretch out and draw. Might start up the "weird request sketch" thread again. It'd be cool if I could get other folks to participate by also drawing, though. :lol:

I just don't know what inspired me to research Ebola and class IV contaminants at midnight last night.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Annd Im not in Florida - but still, contact your local town authorities by email for clarification, then you have back up if a bylaw officer questions you

...wtf has this world turned in to - we are scared to be fined for going for a walk

Not being flippant... but, what are local town authorities? I just moved to this state, but still, as a lifetime renter am not aware of local gov't... HMOs, condo associations, city hall, etc. The only "laws" I've ever concerned myself with were set by my lease & bldg owner.

So, should I call the local police (not 911, of course)? And, if the answer is yes, do I call the police in my county, state?? When I try to find local TV stations, they don't seem to cover this info, so I don't know who to contact.

TYVM!

Most states have a COVID response page set up now because they're all tracking the progression of the virus for the CDC statistics and analysis.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

The above is for FL if you haven't already checked it. Their hotline might also be able to direct you to answers if you can't find it on the page. :heart:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

q30t6jm75wfb.jpg

They look delicious.. 🤤
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I could so fall asleep right now.......
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Do people understand that if you go through a drive-thru and the employee has gloves on and hands you your food and drink,
    the gloves only protect THEM NOT YOU, unless they’ve been changed after every customer.
    I don’t think enough people are really thinking all the way through the situation.