So... how come mfp is so quiet now?

Options

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I miss that too.. I remember having both my phone and laptop going to post in so many places at once lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    Messages are hit or miss
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    And the points? What are they for?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Kris, I sent you message a few days ago. I guess you didn’t get it. Lol
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    Kris, I sent you message a few days ago. I guess you didn’t get it. Lol

Ohhh... no I didnt! Let me try and message you!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Brooks was here.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    Lol.. I feel like seymore on the simpsons when he finds that metal bucket he wore on his head as a prisoner lol...
  • gwinhart17
    gwinhart17 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You know, alot of times when I'm reading threads and posting here and there I get a little twinge of guilt... like dude, I could really be squeezing in a little bit hiit or cardio or even yoga right now. Lol. But on the other side of the coin, downtime is nice too, and it helps to be goal oriented and always looking for that little bit of extra knowledge or that one tip or trick that really works for you. The struggle is real right now. 9 times out of 10 if I'm reading or writing posts on the MFP community boards I am looking for that extra little push of motivation to get off my butt and do something. I'm glad to say that it works for me too. Lol. See ya on the hamster wheel.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people go into the forums when they're at work because they're bored. Lots aren't working or at working from home now so maybe they don't have the same opportunities? Maybe some have just given up? The forums can be very cyclical I find. When I first found the forums they were rather unfriendly. I find it goes through waves of friendly and not....perhaps this is just a natural ebb
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    hjpmfb1x2qny.png

This place will be hoppin' when we get on the other side of the storm. Happy Easter.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Speaking for myself. Before this, I had a sort of a routine. I didn't know I had a routine until I lost it. Now my routine is all messed up so are my usual habits (including MFP). I find myself doing other things. I do check in, but less often than I used to.

That I'm currently in weight gain mode doesn't help either (it feels disingenuous to offer advice when I'm trying not even trying). I did fine at first and maintained my weight just fine, but I wasn't ready for how much quarantine cooking everyone in the family would end up doing after a while of being cooped up. It's like they're using cooking to pass time. I had a set of breakfasts and dinners I cycled through and left the bulk of my calories for lunch (often cooked by others and high in calories) and that worked well, now I'm in a novel situation and I don't know what to do with my calories so I just stopped caring. I'm hoping this IDGAF mode won't last long so I can get back to dieting and lose these extra few kilos.

I feel your frustration. Being back here again after losing 165lbs the first time and having gained almost all of it back, makes me feel like a fraud for offering advice to others..

But I also try to tell myself, maybe my words can prevent them from becoming me.. someone who has to put my own advice into practice.

Do you know how or why it happened? There must have been various points during the regain where you saw what was happening and tried to regroup but couldn't for some reason. Yet you must've had tremendous self-discipline and determination to lose the 165 lbs in the first place. What changed? I am extremely interested in hearing more about this if you're up for describing it a little.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    Absolutely. When I started logging again on march 28th, several days that followed ended up being write offs, but I got up the next day and tried to be sympathetic to myself rather then harsh and critical. Try again today krista, I would say.

Who knows if I'll figure out how to keep it off this time, but i gotta keep trying, I'll keep working with my psychiatrist to figure out how to get the therapy he suggests and then try it and if i fail, I'll try again..

I realize i could wake up tomorrow and my brain could say well F this sht and go into binge overdrive, so everyday it allows me a little closer to my goal, I appreciate.