Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• vishalmukta7
    vishalmukta7 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 599 Member
    My current clothes are starting to fall apart and I refuse to buy anymore "fat clothes." I want to be able to jog, walk, and hike when I'm 80, 85, 90. I want my kids to have my love and guidance for another 30 years. I want to travel. I want to take my dogs to the dog park for miles of walking together. I don't want to sweat so much.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Once I started getting comfortable at the gym something just clicked. I enjoyed the way I was feeling and happy with my progress. With medical conditions in family history, I wanted to continue getting healthy to lessen the chances of it happening to me. Being only 30 I wanted to start my fitness/ health journey now, so I hopefully don't have to worry about things in the future.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    I don't have a lot to lose, but even 10-lbs makes an uncomfortable difference cuz fat settles in my stomach & waist. One day, when it became tough to polish my toe nails cuz my stomach was in the way & I couldn't pull up my knees, I stopped putting it off.

I also have a closet full of cute summer clothing & I can fit into some if I don't mind my stomach poking out & most button down shirts I can't wear cuz I can't button up.

So, I began. So far, so good. Just keep moving forward.
  • ilaufam
    ilaufam Posts: 1 Member
    I'm constantly angry and unhappy with myself ... and I'm tired of feeling that way.
    I want to feel pretty and confident like i used to:)
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    when had problem getting in the bathtub.
  • saynow111
    saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
    It is all about disease I already taking medication for mental illness I don't take any more medication
    Either it is diabetes or high blood pressure
    Or even premature death 😢😢😢becoz of obesity
    The reason is not easy to explain right ?
  • sharpiejas
    sharpiejas Posts: 20 Member
    Had to undo my jeans and keep them up with a belt, hoping no one would notice....
  • Been majorly depressed for most of my life and abused my body with food, there are so many adventures I want to go on but first I have to make amends with my body.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Pain is the precursor to change. From the top of your head to the bottom of your feet, pain will speak to you like nothing else will.
  • curtiskat8
    curtiskat8 Posts: 5 Member
    I have been overweight for over 5 years and I just am unhappy with my choices. I want to change so I can make the next 5 years enjoyable. I want to be confident again. I want to be happy. I made the choice because I dont want to live with regret anymore and I want to make the most of my future. And being healthy is my #1 priority now.