What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Wisdom teeth..

So I'm 28 years old and havent got them yet. Anyone else in the same boa? Wondering how rare that it is, to never have them come through? ..does that mean we're more evolved :D

my wisdom teeth were pretty stupid.

Then you had stupid teeth...not wisdom teeth🤪
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wisdom teeth..

So I'm 28 years old and havent got them yet. Anyone else in the same boa? Wondering how rare that it is, to never have them come through? ..does that mean we're more evolved :D

Mine didn't break the skin either... unsure of its rarity. In my family, everyone differed.

Had them removed under anesthesia at 16 cuz they were impacted, growing completely sideways, pushing against the molars... dentist thought I'd end up with crooked teeth, if not removed. I remember a very painful 3-wks of recovery before the stitches were removed, but I also had extra long roots & they couldn't remove them in 1 piece, so it required extra time... don't think that's the norm.

At your next cleaning, when they take xrays, ask your dr about them. Do you know if they've been seen on xrays?

Both of my sisters never got them (they didn't exist), but rarer still... both also had 4 teeth that had no secondary tooth... so each still has 4 baby teeth.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Wisdom teeth..

my wisdom teeth were pretty stupid.

Then you had stupid teeth...not wisdom teeth🤪

They were quite simple minded and naive.

They were also ambushed and removed my a scalpel wielding madman & his assistant.

What I remember most was accidentally drooling blood all over the interior of my friend's new car; sorry dude. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    dang you saw what i wrote! lol. you're too quick for me, girl. :D

I didn’t see the post but I say - go with your gut yo - it’s usually the right choice

that was me posting the covid hair clipper thang !
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I’m sick of reggaeton artist ripping off of real reggae music from the 90s.

And thinking the younger generation won’t notice.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    Zoomed Girls Night Out. 😂 last night was fun.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

That sounds like fun. Are you going to make it a weekly get-together?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

That sounds like fun. Are you going to make it a weekly get-together?

We thought about doing a driveway GNO. But not sure. We will definitely zoom again. Tried to get boyfriends in on it for a group date night so we shall see.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I've been away from my family for some years now, and it's been worth it because my kids are here and i get to see them. But the rise of Zoom in all this is nice because I get to see all my family more.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    My dad.. It broke my heart today to see him shed a tear for his closest friend who was moved away to a nursing home.
    Benny has been my dad's bestie and frequently attended the horse races with dad, he lived 2 doors down for over 50 years.
    Although Benny is 85 he was still super fit and mowed his own lawn ( acreage) with a ride on mower.
    A little forgetful perhaps but still ok. Apparently his daughter decided it was time to move him to a home and told him it was a temporary stay while they cleaned house. She sold the house and today told him he is not going home to which he cried ( told to me by her brother)
    I'm gutted for my dad and Benny. The nursing home is too far away for dad to be able to visit. They most likely will never see each other again 😔

Very sorry to hear this, Jo. Kind of leaves me speechless. Hugs to your dad.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    My dad.. It broke my heart today to see him shed a tear for his closest friend who was moved away to a nursing home.
    Benny has been my dad's bestie and frequently attended the horse races with dad, he lived 2 doors down for over 50 years.
    Although Benny is 85 he was still super fit and mowed his own lawn ( acreage) with a ride on mower.
    A little forgetful perhaps but still ok. Apparently his daughter decided it was time to move him to a home and told him it was a temporary stay while they cleaned house. She sold the house and today told him he is not going home to which he cried ( told to me by her brother)
    I'm gutted for my dad and Benny. The nursing home is too far away for dad to be able to visit. They most likely will never see each other again 😔

This is heartbreaking
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

This just sucks. I am sorry😔
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Very sorry to hear this, Jo. Kind of leaves me speechless. Hugs to your dad.

This is heartbreaking

This just sucks. I am sorry😔

Thank you. Ive shed a few tears myself, it's just an awful situation. My dad is heartbroken 😔
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

How absolutely heartbreaking this is. 🙁
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

This makes me more angry than sad.

A year or so ago, I read a book titled 'Being Mortal'. It addressed end of life issues and caring for elderly members of one's family. I took what it said to heart; it was sage advice.

I very recently had a conversation with my own mother and she said she would abide with what I thought was best for her.

I told her: "It's your life & you should do what makes you happy. Live where you want and surround yourself with the friends that you want. Don't worry about money, you're fine and if you ever need any help, with anything, just ask."

She smiled and I could tell that she had comfort in the fact that the would be able to live out her years the way she wanted to, without any interference from anyone.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

This makes me more angry than sad.

A year or so ago, I read a book titled 'Being Mortal'. It addressed end of life issues and caring for elderly members of one's family. I took what it said to heart; it was sage advice.

I very recently had a conversation with my own mother and she said she would abide with what I thought was best for her.

I told her: "It's your life & you should do what makes you happy. Live where you want and surround yourself with the friends that you want. Don't worry about money, you're fine and if you ever need any help, with anything, just ask."

She smiled and I could tell that she had comfort in the fact that the would be able to live out her years the way she wanted to, without any interference from anyone.

Oh, I'm mad too.. but faced with looking at my poor dad this morning and trying to comfort him .. sadness is foremost.

I'm like you. I have assured my dad and did so again today that his happiness is what matters most to me. His life.. His choices.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15
    That is so sad for so many reasons.
    I’m sorry your dad lost his friend. 😢
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

This is wrong in so many ways. Why would a man who still mows his own lawn need to be placed in a nursing home? How does a daughter get to sell her father's house if he's still of sound mind and body? And she told him a lie in order to accomplish what she wanted to do. This is really painful, and I don't even know the people. It upsets me whenever i hear stories like this.