What's on your mind?

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    My dad.. It broke my heart today to see him shed a tear for his closest friend who was moved away to a nursing home.
    Benny has been my dad's bestie and frequently attended the horse races with dad, he lived 2 doors down for over 50 years.
    Although Benny is 85 he was still super fit and mowed his own lawn ( acreage) with a ride on mower.
    A little forgetful perhaps but still ok. Apparently his daughter decided it was time to move him to a home and told him it was a temporary stay while they cleaned house. She sold the house and today told him he is not going home to which he cried ( told to me by her brother)
    I'm gutted for my dad and Benny. The nursing home is too far away for dad to be able to visit. They most likely will never see each other again 😔

Oh man, so sorry to hear that, Jo. 😔
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2020
    @slimgirljo15
    That is so sad for so many reasons.
    I’m sorry your dad lost his friend. 😢
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    My dad.. It broke my heart today to see him shed a tear for his closest friend who was moved away to a nursing home.
    Benny has been my dad's bestie and frequently attended the horse races with dad, he lived 2 doors down for over 50 years.
    Although Benny is 85 he was still super fit and mowed his own lawn ( acreage) with a ride on mower.
    A little forgetful perhaps but still ok. Apparently his daughter decided it was time to move him to a home and told him it was a temporary stay while they cleaned house. She sold the house and today told him he is not going home to which he cried ( told to me by her brother)
    I'm gutted for my dad and Benny. The nursing home is too far away for dad to be able to visit. They most likely will never see each other again 😔

This is wrong in so many ways. Why would a man who still mows his own lawn need to be placed in a nursing home? How does a daughter get to sell her father's house if he's still of sound mind and body? And she told him a lie in order to accomplish what she wanted to do. This is really painful, and I don't even know the people. It upsets me whenever i hear stories like this.
    cdubks88 wrote: »

Oh man, so sorry to hear that, Jo. 😔

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.. 😔
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    This is awful. How can she treat a grown person with so much disrespect and unkindness

I’m sorry Jo.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited April 2020

Wow Jo I'm sorry for all of you... What a wicked daughter she sounds like... You can only hope that she had his best interests at heart... Like my grandfather is 84 this year and if my aunt didn't live with him, he'd probably burn down the house honestly...

Maybe he was a danger to himself, but from what you've said it doesn't really sound like it...

That's unfortunate hopefully they can still at least speak on the phone and Benny still has time and authority to cut the daughter out of the will 😂...

❤️❤️❤️
  • slimgirljo15

Wow Jo I'm sorry for all of you... What a wicked daughter she sounds like... You can only hope that she had his best interests at heart... Like my grandfather is 84 this year and if my aunt didn't live with him, he'd probably burn down the house honestly...

Maybe he was a danger to himself, but from what you've said it doesn't really sound like it...

That's unfortunate hopefully they can still at least speak on the phone and Benny still has time and authority to cut the daughter out of the will 😂...

❤️❤️❤️

He is the spriteliest 85 year old I ever saw.
    Unfortunately Aunty Thelma ( his wife) passed last year and his daughter talked him into getting all the paperwork done to give her power of attorney in case anything happened. I think she's abused the power.
    It sucks all round.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member

❤️❤️❤️

He is the spriteliest 85 year old I ever saw.
    Unfortunately Aunty Thelma ( his wife) passed last year and his daughter talked him into getting all the paperwork done to give her power of attorney in case anything happened. I think she's abused the power.
    It sucks all round.

This is just wrong. People can be so horrible. I'm sorry Jo. :'(
  • JCH187
    JCH187 Posts: 39 Member
    Wondering why it’s so hard to find a guy I click with 🤔
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    (While rubbing hands together and licking lips...) A-ha-haha-aha 😜

Wait, that's probably more appropriate for the "Say it..... without really saying it" thread (or what I thought the "Bad girls" thread was going to be about). That's the problem with projecting.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I was today years old when I found out that rinsing your tooth brush under water before applying toothpaste to it is not the best way to brush your teeth. 🦷
    And that using mouthwash right after brushing will wash away the benefits of the fluoride in the toothpaste so it’s best to use it at a different time to brushing.

Shame.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I was today years old when I found out that rinsing your tooth brush under water before applying toothpaste to it is not the best way to brush your teeth. 🦷
    And that using mouthwash right after brushing will wash away the benefits of the fluoride in the toothpaste so it’s best to use it at a different time to brushing.

Shame.

Apparently, I need a lesson, too. Why is rinsing the brush before applying paste not optimal?
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited April 2020
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Shame.

Apparently, I need a lesson, too. Why is rinsing the brush before applying paste not optimal?

Stiffer brushes takes away plaque better, apparently. And water softens it
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    I'm getting fat
  • slimgirljo15
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

This makes me sick to my stomach. I'm so sorry Jo.

Thank you Jenni. ❤
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,620 Member
    I'm getting fat

Lies. Prove it.