60 yrs and up

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    j29t, awful about your package being stolen, can you get a replacement? so glad your friend is getting better, that's great news!!Yesterday I tried those exercises I mentioned from the senior health group but it was too tame for me, I need it to be more vigorous so I'm going back to Fitness Blender. Went on an hour walk today, yay, since my GSD, Eleanor didn't lag behind. I'm so hoping/praying it's allergies & not something else. We have vet appt wednesday for a second opinion. Wecome new member Carol. I'm so bad at remembering everyone's name on here, lynnchristy, I don't know how you do it lol. We got our stimulus check today . I'm going to order a new bed. When our daughter moved I got my grand daughter's twin bed & I feel so bad that the dogs who used to sleep with me can't now so I can hardly wait. I really needed a new bed. Husband has back problems so he has to sleep in a separate bed. I did okay yesterday food wise, went over a little with some popcorn but not bad
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    @Evamutt I contacted Amazon thru chat right away and they have replacements on the way already. I'm always happy with their customer service and hope my packages were just delivered to the wrong apartment number and not stolen. Perhaps someone in the building is wondering why they got sunscreen and protein bars.
  • Evamutt
    @j29t I'm glad to hear that. I don't have much to say. We took Eleanor dog to the ponding basin today to run, I'm going to the store, I need to color my hair & make our green juice today, otherwise it's a quiet day. oh, yesterday I went to visit our youngest son & family. We visited in back yard & I wore my mask. Our middle son is sure he has the virus minus the fever. He's been home sick for a week. Him & his wife work in the hospital I used to work at. He hasn't had to go to the hospital so far
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning everyone! How’s everyone doing?well April is almost over hopefully May will bring new beginnings. Welcome Carol glad your here!🌹 well I got grass seed planted yesterday and watered my neighbors yards. I am taking over my neighbor on the other sid of me yard I mow and weed whack her yard when I do mine. She has a planter in the front I am going to clean that up and plant flower seeds in it. She is not a gardener and is bipolar she stays inside a lot very nice person . She makes really good soups and knits so we are bartering which is fun. So I will be playing in my neighbors yards today. Everyone have a great day! 🤓🌹🦋🌷💖
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) I went to Costco yesterday primarily to get canned dog food (Costco limited it to one case per customer) and ran into my Sunday walking friend who agreed to buy a case for me. So now I don't have to go back there again for 24 days instead of 12. Today I go to the grocery store for the first time in 25 days. We ran out of eggs and tortillas and are getting low on many other staples.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    So today wrote letters to my 4 year old grandchildren , I am planning g to do it weekly with activities for them to do this weeks activity is to make bunting for VE day celebrations and colour a map in to learn about capital cities both recieved them and loved it so now planning next weeks letters.
    Also drying parsley, sage and chives. No walks as it's raining here in the UK but playing games with the dogs ie hide and seek.
    Have a great day everyone
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey there! Hope you all are well. Idaho started the first phase of reopening today. Retail stores, churches, day care centers and youth activities can resume. Crossing my fingers that everything goes well. I will continue to wear a mask when needed and maintain my distance, but otherwise I'm resuming normal activities.
  • cgialis
    cgialis Posts: 5 Member
    Good morning everyone,
    I am 65 and once again on the roller coaster of yoyo dieting, this time I am doing it with the help of a dietician, my doctor and a psychologist they are going to try and work out why I lose lots of weight and then put it back on. Due to the Corona Virus appointment still a month away, just wondering if any of you had used this type of assistance before
    Thanks in advance
    Colleen
  • Lynne4RH
    Lynne4RH Posts: 13 Member
    If you round up, I think I'd qualify for 60 and up. I will be 58 this year. Copied from my home page: Restarting with mini goals: 1 - Water Challenge; 2 - Reset Weight for today; 3 - Joined a new Bible Study FP4H group online; 4 - Starting to exercise again (oh I'm outa shape); and 5 - Showing grace and patience to others and myself!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Welcome, @cgialis and @Lynne4RH. This is a very supportive, positive group.
  • barbiecat
    cgialis wrote: »
    Good morning everyone,
    I am 65 and once again on the roller coaster of yoyo dieting, this time I am doing it with the help of a dietician, my doctor and a psychologist they are going to try and work out why I lose lots of weight and then put it back on. Due to the Corona Virus appointment still a month away, just wondering if any of you had used this type of assistance before
    Thanks in advance
    Colleen

:) Welcome. I haven't used professional help but it has been useful for people I know. I made health and fitness my top priority ahead of family, socializing, wondering what other people think, etc. I walk for recreation and entertainment. I don't use food for recreation. I seek every opportunity to be active. I read about nutrition and am active on more than one thread on MFP with other like minded people who are supportive and encouraging.
    Lynne4RH wrote: »
    If you round up, I think I'd qualify for 60 and up. I will be 58 this year. Copied from my home page: Restarting with mini goals: 1 - Water Challenge; 2 - Reset Weight for today; 3 - Joined a new Bible Study FP4H group online; 4 - Starting to exercise again (oh I'm outa shape); and 5 - Showing grace and patience to others and myself!

:) Welcome. Starting with some small achievable goals is a great idea. Water, spiritual support, being active, and being kind will help to get you where you want to go.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Hi all, no exercise routines for me yet as hip and back only fit okish so not going to push in but still getting my walks in daily so my focus is gardening,, yoga stretches for my back, keep a close eye on my food intake.
    Good luck with your goals.
  • Evamutt
    oh, She's the big dog, boxer/pitbul, so sweet & loved ppl & other dogs
  • barbiecat
    :'(<3Evamutt so sorry for your loss. Our fur babies never stay with us long enough
  • barbiecat
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Hi all, no exercise routines for me yet as hip and back only fit okish so not going to push in but still getting my walks in daily so my focus is gardening,, yoga stretches for my back, keep a close eye on my food intake.
    Good luck with your goals.

:) yoga, walking, and gardening are a great exercise routine