50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• hessjansen
    hessjansen Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hey, I’ve always struggled with my weight due to my thyroid condistion and less than a year go I tore my acl and meniscus. Since than I have been putting on weight more rapidly and even though my leg isn’t closed to healed, with this quarantine I need to be able to hold myself accountable and finally make a change for myself because if not today, then when?! I need to lose 54 pounds in order to meet my goal but Im ready to put in the work.
    213 sw (5/2/20)
    199 first goal
    159 gw (for now)
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    gidday wrote: »
    I weigh on Mondays 😀

Sounds good! I think I may switch my weigh ins to fridays, then If the weekend is rough, I won’t be so worried about it.
  • jenifergotti
    LeeAnneIAm wrote: »
    Last day of the week! Get a workout in, get your water in! I have been running all week, so my shins were done for today. Still went out and walked! I have gotten my water in all week and I feel better being active!
    Don’t forget to weigh in tomorrow and look for the weekly non scale goal! Have a great weekend!

Thank you! I'm nervous to weigh myself, even though I've been staying under every day!!

I feel the same way! I haven’t ran in months, so I am afraid my muscles are hanging onto water to re build. No matter what though, I am in this for the long haul this time.
  • jenifergotti
    hessjansen wrote: »
    Hey, I’ve always struggled with my weight due to my thyroid condistion and less than a year go I tore my acl and meniscus. Since than I have been putting on weight more rapidly and even though my leg isn’t closed to healed, with this quarantine I need to be able to hold myself accountable and finally make a change for myself because if not today, then when?! I need to lose 54 pounds in order to meet my goal but Im ready to put in the work.
    213 sw (5/2/20)
    199 first goal
    159 gw (for now)

Welcome! Baby steps are still steps! We can do this together!
  • gidday
    gidday Posts: 39 Member
    So how do you delete a meal item if I need to replace it with something else?
  • cambo2002
    cambo2002 Posts: 24 Member

When using the app on my android phone when I long press on the meal item a menu comes up and one of the options is delete. Hope that works for you.
  • jenifergotti

On Apple, you left swipe on the food and it gives you a delete button. I can’t do it by meal, only one item at a time. 👍

• jenifergotti
    Weigh-in:
    Starting weight: 179.4
    Current weight: 180
    Mini goal: 160
    Goal weight: 130

Soooo....I went up this week! I’m gonna chalk it up to my muscles not knowing what to do because I ran this week for the first time in months!
    *non scale challenge for the week: keep drinking your water and no snacking late (pick a time and don’t eat after that time) my kiddos go to bed at 8, so I am not going to eat after they go to bed. Post your time!
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member
    Weigh-in:
    Starting weight: 125
    Current weight: 123.2
    Goal weight: 100

Wow I lost two pounds! I certainly agree about the late night snacking. I'll say I won't eat anything after 7.
  • EmmaMc777
    EmmaMc777 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I started back mfp on 24th March. My first day of lockdown.
    24th March 196 lb
    Now 185lb
    Target 152lb
    I have been having a treat day at weekend but back on it and exercising.
    Average of 1500 cals a week..mostly..
    I would like some new friends if anyone is wanting any..
    And good luck...
    💜
  • gidday
    Didn’t walk yesterday- def makes a difference in how I eat I’ve noticed. Had to bake for church encouragement and of course I ate at least 5 cookies🤢
    Anyway- now today I have sugar headache , but went for 3 mile walk this morning n feeling good!
    Happy Sunday!
  • gidday
    No snacking after 7 pm
  • jenifergotti
    EmmaMc777 wrote: »
    Hi I started back mfp on 24th March. My first day of lockdown.
    24th March 196 lb
    Now 185lb
    Target 152lb
    I have been having a treat day at weekend but back on it and exercising.
    Average of 1500 cals a week..mostly..
    I would like some new friends if anyone is wanting any..
    And good luck...
    💜

Great start! Welcome
  • Viri142
    Viri142 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone. I hope you had a good week. I finished my first official full week back on MFP and so far so good. I am starting to also do intermittent fasting with 16 hours of fasting and an 8-hour window for my meals. I haven't felt too hungry, luckily. My husband swears by intermittent fasting, so fingers crossed. My goal for the week is to do yoga every day. I found a 30-day yoga challenge on youtube I enjoy. Good luck everyone! :)

200 First Goal
    150 GW

04/22/20 - 238.0 lbs
    05/02/20 - 233.2 lbs

Total weight loss: 4.8 lbs
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    I would love to join this group. I will be 49 in less than 2 weeks and would like to lose 50 by 50 and cannot do it alone. I just restarted logging on 5/1.

SW:207
    CW: will weigh in on Fridays
    GW: 160

Total weight lost:

My personal challenge this week will be to log everything and stay within calorie limit.
  • cambo2002
    I have to make a revision. To what I wrote before since I made a small error. Let me explain the below this one time. I restarted MFP in Oct 2019 at my heaviest but didn't stick to it. I finally found the forums and started this group on 4/26/20 at a weight of 148.2 lbs. So between Oct to Apr I didn't gain more weight but wasn't doing what I needed to do. So overall I have lost 5 lbs but only my 2.6 loss this week has been intentional. Just didn't want anyone to think I lost 5 lbs in one week.

SW 150.6 lbs 10/9/19
    CW 145.6 lbs 5/3/20
    Mini goal 140 lbs
    Ultimate goal 120 lbs

This was a good week for me! Not the best but I did manage to stay under calories which shows in my weigh in. So proud to lose 2.6 lbs this week! I'm very proud of myself and want to say thanks to the group. Checking in def played a role. Thanks everyone! Keep going for your goals!
  • cambo2002
    Also I will aim to do better with water this week as well as no eating after 8pm (starting tomorrow lol). Hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    cambo2002 wrote: »
    This was a good week for me! Not the best but I did manage to stay under calories which shows in my weigh in. So proud to lose 2.6 lbs this week! I'm very proud of myself and want to say thanks to the group. Checking in def played a role. Thanks everyone! Keep going for your goals!

2.6 is definitely something to be proud of. I am happy that I found this group to get me honest and motivated. We got this!