Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

1235738

Replies

  • micwritesmicwrites Member, Premium Posts: 115 Member Member, Premium Posts: 115 Member
    Hello! I would love to join you all! I have been a yo-yo dieter for a long time, up and down and I am ready to lose this same 40 pounds and another 25 to my goal weight. I’m in another group too, and with such great support I know we can do it. I had knee surgery in January after a tennis injury and know being lighter on my feet is going to help me all around.

    Highest weight: 264
    Current weight: 244.4
    Goal weight: 180
  • giddaygidday Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    Happy Monday! I was up in weight .2- continuing with the water this week , no late night snacking and (prayerfully)😬 no sugar no flour till Mothers Day!
    Keep your eyes on the prize !💪🏻
  • Naturalfitgirl08Naturalfitgirl08 Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    I would love to join as well. I started over on my weight loss journey actually last Monday and decided today to kick it up a notch with my exercise. My SW: 200; CW: 197.8; GW: 145. Would love to give and receive support!!
  • micwritesmicwrites Member, Premium Posts: 115 Member Member, Premium Posts: 115 Member
    Today is the kind of day that is frustrating but I am moving forward, determined. Yesterday I put in 50 minutes of good cardio on my bike and in the garden. Ate well and under my calorie count but all good foods, no white flour or sugar. Cut out alcohol. Walked. Drank water. Thought good thoughts. And my weight stayed the same. I know sometimes it takes a while for things to get moving. But I am so ready and eager for the sale to reverse direction. I guess it is just a test of my strength and resolve, and patience. ... Here is a question. I have been using CBD oil for pain following surgery. Does anyone know if that can have an effect on weight one way or the other?
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    Viri142 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I hope you had a good week. I finished my first official full week back on MFP and so far so good. I am starting to also do intermittent fasting with 16 hours of fasting and an 8-hour window for my meals. I haven't felt too hungry, luckily. My husband swears by intermittent fasting, so fingers crossed. My goal for the week is to do yoga every day. I found a 30-day yoga challenge on youtube I enjoy. Good luck everyone! :)

    200 First Goal
    150 GW

    04/22/20 - 238.0 lbs
    05/02/20 - 233.2 lbs

    Total weight loss: 4.8 lbs

    Great progress!! 👍
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    azkunk wrote: »
    I would love to join this group. I will be 49 in less than 2 weeks and would like to lose 50 by 50 and cannot do it alone. I just restarted logging on 5/1.

    SW:207
    CW: will weigh in on Fridays
    GW: 160

    Total weight lost:

    My personal challenge this week will be to log everything and stay within calorie limit.

    Welcome! We can do this together!
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    facet1011 wrote: »
    Today was a good week, 6lbs down! Still fairly new so maybe just water weight lol. Feels good as I had a horrendous week previously where I gained 4

    Good work!! Keep it up!
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    cambo2002 wrote: »
    I have to make a revision. To what I wrote before since I made a small error. Let me explain the below this one time. I restarted MFP in Oct 2019 at my heaviest but didn't stick to it. I finally found the forums and started this group on 4/26/20 at a weight of 148.2 lbs. So between Oct to Apr I didn't gain more weight but wasn't doing what I needed to do. So overall I have lost 5 lbs but only my 2.6 loss this week has been intentional. Just didn't want anyone to think I lost 5 lbs in one week.

    SW 150.6 lbs 10/9/19
    CW 145.6 lbs 5/3/20
    Mini goal 140 lbs
    Ultimate goal 120 lbs

    This was a good week for me! Not the best but I did manage to stay under calories which shows in my weigh in. So proud to lose 2.6 lbs this week! I'm very proud of myself and want to say thanks to the group. Checking in def played a role. Thanks everyone! Keep going for your goals!

    Awesome job!
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    micwrites wrote: »
    Hello! I would love to join you all! I have been a yo-yo dieter for a long time, up and down and I am ready to lose this same 40 pounds and another 25 to my goal weight. I’m in another group too, and with such great support I know we can do it. I had knee surgery in January after a tennis injury and know being lighter on my feet is going to help me all around.

    Highest weight: 264
    Current weight: 244.4
    Goal weight: 180

    Welcome to the group! Great progress so far!
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    I would love to join as well. I started over on my weight loss journey actually last Monday and decided today to kick it up a notch with my exercise. My SW: 200; CW: 197.8; GW: 145. Would love to give and receive support!!

    Welcome! We can do this together.
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    micwrites wrote: »
    Today is the kind of day that is frustrating but I am moving forward, determined. Yesterday I put in 50 minutes of good cardio on my bike and in the garden. Ate well and under my calorie count but all good foods, no white flour or sugar. Cut out alcohol. Walked. Drank water. Thought good thoughts. And my weight stayed the same. I know sometimes it takes a while for things to get moving. But I am so ready and eager for the sale to reverse direction. I guess it is just a test of my strength and resolve, and patience. ... Here is a question. I have been using CBD oil for pain following surgery. Does anyone know if that can have an effect on weight one way or the other?

    I’m not sure about the CBD oil, but I worked out hard this week and did everything right and went up also! I think we just have to stick to it. I am hoping I go down this week or I will have to change something else up.
    Keep on keeping on!
  • Medevalbabe1973Medevalbabe1973 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    I would love to join this group! I am from Ontario, Canada. At the highest weight I have ever been at 203Ib. I am 46 now and I have been on a yo yo with my weight since I got married almost 15 yrs ago and after having my 2 boys . I would love to get to 150lbs. Hoping to get some motivation from the group
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    I would love to join this group! I am from Ontario, Canada. At the highest weight I have ever been at 203Ib. I am 46 now and I have been on a yo yo with my weight since I got married almost 15 yrs ago and after having my 2 boys . I would love to get to 150lbs. Hoping to get some motivation from the group

    Welcome!

  • azkunkazkunk Member, Premium Posts: 421 Member Member, Premium Posts: 421 Member
    Do you weigh in daily or only weekly? I see the pros and cons to each. If daily, you can see things on a more micro level and make adjustments. But weight fluctuates for other reasons and an increase when you know you rocked is demotivating.
    On the other hand, if you weigh weekly that higher number loss seems so much more inspiring. The downside would be if you gain over the week, you’ve missed those opportunities to take accountability and make adjustments.
    I think I find daily weigh-ins most motivating to me. I like the accountability. Which do you prefer and why?
  • micwritesmicwrites Member, Premium Posts: 115 Member Member, Premium Posts: 115 Member
    azkunk wrote: »
    Do you weigh in daily or only weekly? I see the pros and cons to each. If daily, you can see things on a more micro level and make adjustments. But weight fluctuates for other reasons and an increase when you know you rocked is demotivating.
    On the other hand, if you weigh weekly that higher number loss seems so much more inspiring. The downside would be if you gain over the week, you’ve missed those opportunities to take accountability and make adjustments.
    I think I find daily weigh-ins most motivating to me. I like the accountability. Which do you prefer and why?

    I prefer weighing daily for just those reasons that if I see progress it will help with motivation to keep going, and the same with gaining. I had hypnosis several years ago where you weren’t allowed to get on a scale or know your weight but just went with how your body and clothes felt. It was interesting. I’m not honestly sure which is more effective.
  • LeeAnneIAmLeeAnneIAm Member Posts: 22 Member Member Posts: 22 Member
    angelamsn wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Day one of my workout, woohoo! I did modified but I did it.

    Congratulations!
  • jenifergottijenifergotti Member Posts: 326 Member Member Posts: 326 Member
    azkunk wrote: »
    Do you weigh in daily or only weekly? I see the pros and cons to each. If daily, you can see things on a more micro level and make adjustments. But weight fluctuates for other reasons and an increase when you know you rocked is demotivating.
    On the other hand, if you weigh weekly that higher number loss seems so much more inspiring. The downside would be if you gain over the week, you’ve missed those opportunities to take accountability and make adjustments.
    I think I find daily weigh-ins most motivating to me. I like the accountability. Which do you prefer and why?

    I weigh myself daily to keep on track, but I only post and update here weekly.
  • giddaygidday Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    Feeling a little discouraged today- I gained back 45 pounds of an 85 pound weight loss . I’m starting to eat more like I did back on the programme I did but I’m feeling bloated n blah today- like it will take forever to come back off. I only weigh once a week coz it messes with my head! I walk about 4 miles a day on average- in AM.
  • cambo2002cambo2002 Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    gidday wrote: »
    Feeling a little discouraged today- I gained back 45 pounds of an 85 pound weight loss . I’m starting to eat more like I did back on the programme I did but I’m feeling bloated n blah today- like it will take forever to come back off. I only weigh once a week coz it messes with my head! I walk about 4 miles a day on average- in AM.

    Don't let it get to you. Today is today but tomorrow is new. So acknowledge today but tomorrow you may feel different and you'll have the chance to switch it up! I hope you feel renewed tomorrow!
Sign In or Register to comment.