Options

Replies

• micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    gidday wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    micwrites wrote: »
    Last Saturday I was out in the yard, mowing, planting flowers and I had the doors of the barn open riding my exercise bike in the breeze. Today? The temp dropped to low 30s to 40s, it was snowing earlier. It's hard to recognize spring but I am really trying to stay up and keep with my program.

Is the cold supposed to last or is it just a quick front?
    I heard it was snowing!! 😜

Yes! Heat blasting. Hopefully nice for good long walk tomorrow.
  • gidday
    gidday Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This weekend is challenging. Mothers day is hard - lost my mum 2 years ago and I’ve eaten my feelings few times lastnight and today😩
    Not walking for two days really doesn’t motivate me to eat well either, so back at that in the morning.
  • micwrites
    Options
    This weekend is challenging. Mothers day is hard - lost my mum 2 years ago and I’ve eaten my feelings few times lastnight and today😩
    Not walking for two days really doesn’t motivate me to eat well either, so back at that in the morning.

So sorry, gidday, for the loss of your mum. xxoo <3 That is the hardest loss in the world. Maybe something that might work is to turn it around and say that you are going to take this journey in honor of her. It might help you to get control of those feelings to eat (believe me I know what they are) and redirect them into using that power for the good of YOU! Hoping your day is full of love.
  • micwrites
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to the moms of all kinds. My numbers for my first week are headed in the right direction. I had a 2.4 loss which dropped to a 1.8. by this morning. A little bummed but still a loss. Bodies are so weird. I had some pretzel sticks last night and I am sure that played a role. As I said in another group I am in, I think what is helping for me overall is cutting back on bread and pasta, my two great loves in life in the food world. I also tried a protein shake a couple of days at lunch time that I really liked and kept me very full in-between meals. Who knows what it was. I will try again this week and need to up my activity level. I'm determined to do this.

SW- 244.6 lbs (5/4)
    CW- 242.8 lbs (5/11)
    GW by June 30th- 229 or less

Total weight lost- 1.8 lbs
  • gidday
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to the moms of all kinds. My numbers for my first week are headed in the right direction. I had a 2.4 loss which dropped to a 1.8. by this morning. A little bummed but still a loss. Bodies are so weird. I had some pretzel sticks last night and I am sure that played a role. As I said in another group I am in, I think what is helping for me overall is cutting back on bread and pasta, my two great loves in life in the food world. I also tried a protein shake a couple of days at lunch time that I really liked and kept me very full in-between meals. Who knows what it was. I will try again this week and need to up my activity level. I'm determined to do this.

SW- 244.6 lbs (5/4)
    CW- 242.8 lbs (5/11)

Awesome! It takes awhile to figure out what foods exercise help our bodies!
  • gidday
    Options

So sorry, gidday, for the loss of your mum. xxoo <3 That is the hardest loss in the world. Maybe something that might work is to turn it around and say that you are going to take this journey in honor of her. It might help you to get control of those feelings to eat (believe me I know what they are) and redirect them into using that power for the good of YOU! Hoping your day is full of love.

Thankyou for that encouragement! 🥰
  • gidday
    Options
    So anyone have ideas of a new n exciting goal I could set for this week? Pretty much doing daily walking, water intake (100 ozs) working on no sugar- days at a time.... 🤷‍♀️
    Thanks
  • Raspberrymamax6
    Raspberrymamax6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm a mom of 4 with 20 lbs to lose to hit first goal.

I lost 20 approaching year mark but 20 more to lose to hit pre baby weight.

I'm ready to give quarantine boredom snacking the boot lol

Start weight 198
    Current weight 178
    Goal weight 158
  • cambo2002
    cambo2002 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hope everyone doing well. Had a set back yesterday on Mother's Day. Went way over my goals. But, today is a new day. Back to the grind. Worked out this morning and am going to make something healthy for breakfast. Have a good day all!

I had the same issue. Mother's day set me back but I did have a good one so I can't be mad. I forgot to weigh myself that morning so I messed that up too and of course this morning was a gain because I did too much yesterday lol. So I'm just going to document my next weigh in on Sunday. Good luck to all this week.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options

So sorry for your loss.
  • jenifergotti
    Options

SW- 244.6 lbs (5/4)
    CW- 242.8 lbs (5/11)

A loss is a loss! Good work!

• jenifergotti
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm a mom of 4 with 20 lbs to lose to hit first goal.

I lost 20 approaching year mark but 20 more to lose to hit pre baby weight.

I'm ready to give quarantine boredom snacking the boot lol

Start weight 198
    Current weight 178
    Goal weight 158

Welcome! Great work so far!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Yep...Mother’s Day threw me for a loop! I didn’t even weigh! So here’s today’s numbers. I’ll take it after going up last week. So back to the beginning for me!

Starting weight 179.4
    Current weight 179.4
    Mini goal 160
    Goal weight 130

Happy late mommy day to everyone! 🥰
    Keep drinking your water! I didn’t do very well on my late night snacking, so I am going to keep doing nothing after 8.
    This weeks non scale challenge is no fast or fried foods this week!
  • gidday
    Options
    Starting out my Monday with a bang!! Our family had to be swabbed for Covid today due to my adult daughters test coming back positive (she doesn’t live here) but we’ve had contact- minimal until yesterday...
    We are (5) asymptomatic.. praying for negative results. The win is I think the anxiety is doing the opposite of wanting to eat so that’s a plus lol😂.
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    Starting out my Monday with a bang!! Our family had to be swabbed for Covid today due to my adult daughters test coming back positive (she doesn’t live here) but we’ve had contact- minimal until yesterday...
    We are (5) asymptomatic.. praying for negative results. The win is I think the anxiety is doing the opposite of wanting to eat so that’s a plus lol😂.

I’ll add you to my prayers!! Let us know!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I hope all test come back negative and your daughter remains asymptomatic.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn’t the best. The kids and hubby made me pancakes and bacon for breakfast and ordered Mexican for dinner. I kept my portions reasonable but did not dare step on the scale this morning.
  • micwrites
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Yesterday wasn’t the best. The kids and hubby made me pancakes and bacon for breakfast and ordered Mexican for dinner. I kept my portions reasonable but did not dare step on the scale this morning.
    Sounds like your family took good care of you for Mother’s Day. You deserve it!
  • micwrites
    Options

That sounds scary and stressful. Praying for you all. Positive thoughts. Hoping everyone is OK.