May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Glad you were able to run outdoors and did so well!

Great pictures @PastorVincent ! I love bird watching.

• penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    May 4th- 2miles ( I think I actually did more but forgot to turn on my distance 🙄, but I know I did at least 2)

5.5/50 miles complete
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Just getting around to posting my goal for this month. Last month, I ran 121 miles but I have a busy week this week which includes going into the office a couple of days so I'm aiming for 110 miles.

Did my first run for the month on Saturday. I had signed up for the Union Half Marathon which was scheduled for April, got postponed to June and then the organizers decided to make it virtual. The virtual run had to be completed and times posted by May 16. I was running with a friend who had also signed up and made the mistake around mile 7 of asking her when we were going to run our virtual half. we decided to just go ahead and get it done. No PR because we had stopped to chat with other running friends a couple of times (at a social distance), waited at street crossings, etc. without stopping our watches but we got it done.

Yesterday, I went hiking in North Carolina on the Nolichukey River Gorge 10-mile loop. My calves are so sore today. I've been foam rolling them hoping they don't protest too much this evening when I get out for a run. It was gorgeous weekend to be outside. Sunny and highs right at 80F. We only saw 2 other hikers on the loop and a group of horseback riders taking a break.
  • taniaolter
    taniaolter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, trying to lose 20 lbs at the very least, this month. A lil unrealistic but pray for me pls😅🏃🏽‍♀️
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'd probably run it this weekend instead of waiting. But, then I tend to have the "do it when you know you can, because you don't know what tomorrow is going to bring" attitude. That snake looks very big and very scary. What kind is it?

@skippygirlsmom Awww. A new puppy! So exciting. Sounds like they weren't the best pet parents if he's never been to the vet. Glad they decided to give him to you.

@Scott6255 Sorry about the AC going out. That stinks. It seems to always be the hottest days when you don't have it. Glad you could get a new one so soon.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I can't reply to everything I missed, but from the last few

@eleanorhawkins so glad you were able to run outside.

@skippygirlsmom - so sweet to take in that puppy! Definitely show us pictures.

@PastorVincent - beautiful bird pictures!

@kgirlhart - big snake! I'd probably plan on running this weekend. Take advantage if the weather is good.

@Scott6255 sorry about the AC. I have a hard time imagining the heat some of you all are already experiencing. We've got a freeze warning for tonight and snow in the forecast for later this week. :'( Not that I'm wishing for 95, but could we all meet in the middle somewhere?
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Glad you are feeling okay and kudos for even trying to run today! You rock! I agree about the weather. It's supposed to be cold here over the weekend with freeze warnings for Sunday morning.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Yes, glad you aren't feeling too bad today. I'm pretty sure I would be unconscious and in traction today :(
    Not sure which is worse, freezing cold or hot. Not a fan of either honestly.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    ereilly311 wrote: »
    I’d love to join this group! I’d like to set my goal at 40 miles (I’m a total beginner!).

5/4: 1.1 mile

Welcome. We don't care if you're a newbie or an ultra runner, we're here to encourage and support you either way.