What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    Tomatoes are an abomination before the gods.

Best food ever.

I didn't like tomatoes till I ate them in France and in Spain. Then, we started growing our own in our back yard, and learned the difference between grocery tomatoes and home-grown tomatoes. Unfortunately, we also let the squirrels in on the secret. Squirrels are too smart for our own good.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    d20igrq8v0h8.png

I think these are actually good... judge me

yup...I'm judging...

I'm judging also... but only for those nasty little sugar discs that you ruined the cupcake with... :)

They're not plastic disks? They look like plastic disks.

(And it's a hard no, for me, on the whole concoction. I like me some treats, but that isn't one, in my world. Y'all can have my share . . . again.)

Agreed. Tons of super sweet icing (which is what I'm assuming) is not my thing, and definitely not the disks.

The trick is to make it with Swiss meringue buttercream. If you haven't had it, omg the best frosting in the world. It's sweet without being cloying, so smooth, no gritty "sugar" texture. Takes a bit to make but it's heaven. Every time I make it, I have to be really careful cause one teaspoon turns into a tablespoon, then a ladel!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Unpopular opinion given the current discussion: chickpea brownies, done right, can rival or are superior to the real thing.

The trick is doing them right. I like these: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2019/10/02/chickpea-brownies-recipe/
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Unpopular opinion given the current discussion: chickpea brownies, done right, can rival or are superior to the real thing.

The trick is doing them right. I like these: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2019/10/02/chickpea-brownies-recipe/

while nothing compares to a gooey, chunky, melty brownie made with butter and fat and sugar, I do like bean-based brownies and "protein" brownies. Especially over cakey brownies!
  • pancakerunner
    psnr8nwc2ago.png

these are very good... let them melt in mouth.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Raw meat in any form is disgusting.

Yes. Same with meat cooked rare or medium rare.
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Why?
    Did you ever have a properly made steak tartare or carpaccio?

^^ this. Rare steak... thinly sliced carpaccio with shaved parm. and if we are including fish... sashimi is the only way
  • pancakerunner
    I like to think that we are all friends here.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member

Why?

I have tried both of those at nice restaurants and I stand by what I said. Disgusting. Sashimi is vomit inducing. Raw meat is also dangerous. I learned this in parasitology class and in my medical practice.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member

Why?

I have tried both of those at nice restaurants and I stand by what I said. Disgusting. Sashimi is vomit inducing. Raw meat is also dangerous. I learned this in parasitology class and in my medical practice.

Raw meat grosses me out too. I like raw fish though!
  • pancakerunner
    kbushe3221 wrote: »

Why?

Raw meat grosses me out too. I like raw fish though!

raw poultry and pork is no bueno but I do like raw beef and fish
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited May 2020
    Adore sashimi. Good carpaccio is nice too, although not as delicious to my palate. Otherwise medium rare to rare is the best way to cook meat (well, not chicken or pork, which is to be cooked medium or until it's properly done), and I judge those who want meat cooked too much.
  • TexasAggie1280
    TexasAggie1280 Posts: 31 Member
    I’ve never had a sweet tooth even when I was a little kid. I’m weird and lucky in a way because I find chocolate and deserts dry and bland 😂. Unfortunately tho, my cravings for salty foods is still there so that’s why I try to curb
  • pancakerunner
    I actually like the taste of stevia or xylitol

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I actually like the taste of stevia or xylitol

I loveeeee the taste of Stevia and artificial sweeteners too. I always am excited when bars use stevia as the sweetener. When quest changed the bars from using all stevia to other forms they were never the same.
  • pancakerunner
    I have said it before but I cannot stand popcorn.
  • coolmetals
    coolmetals Posts: 1 Member
    Liver..... need I say more!
  • pancakerunner
    seems a little unpopular, but the quality of your calories actually DOES matter.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Chickpeas/garbanzo beans have a terrible texture, no flavor, and I don't know why so many people like them. They taste like sawdust to me.

Except in hummus...hummus is good.