May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I just love Champ, so cute. Looks like you've found a wonderful buddy.

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    05/01/20 :::: 16.2 :::: 16.2
    05/02/20 :::: 24.1 :::: 40.3
    05/03/20 :::: 8.0 :::: 48.3
    05/04/20 :::: 2.1 :::: 50.4
    05/05/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 52.7
    05/06/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 54.6

A short sprint workout at the track today, followed by a mace workout. Trying to up the strength work a little, it's been sorely lacking and I'm worried about losing so much ground.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I am new and late to this. Aiming for 25 miles this month.

Welcome!
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ereilly311 wrote: »
    I’d love to join this group! I’d like to set my goal at 40 miles (I’m a total beginner!).

5/4: 1.1 mile

Welcome. We don't care if you're a newbie or an ultra runner, we're here to encourage and support you either way.

Thank you! I got a nice hike of 1.7mi in today, enjoying the weather!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    0507-4k, total-19k goal-100k

Quick run in the morning, wanted 8km but ran out of time. It was raining just the slightest bit when I started out, but stopped almost immediately. It was only 15°C but humidity was high, kinda all around meh run.

@skippygirlsmom Looks like a great running partner!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So what would you do.

My Garmin isn't syncing steps properly, I get to the end of the day, and it's around 200 off - though it has been as much as around 1200 off before. Eta it syncs all other data fine as far as I know, its just steps that are off a bit. What shows on the watch is more than what's syncing with the Web site.

Garmin has accepted it for me to send it away for repairs/replacement, which means I'll be without it for realistically a month (I'm pretty sure I send it to them here in NZ, and they send it to Australia). I don't really want to be without it while I'm ramping up my training, its just too convenient.

So I can either just use the watch as a running only watch, which I've been tempted to do anyway because i get too wrapped up in the metrics of a fitness tracker anyway, though I do love the smart functions. This means I don't bother about sending it away.

Or I send it away and use strava or something else to track my runs while it's away. And use that time to decide if I still want the smart functions.

Wwyd? And if you would send it away, whar tracking app do you recommend?
  • ImeldaOmom
    ImeldaOmom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    21.7 / 55 km Completed
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Wwyd? And if you would send it away, whar tracking app do you recommend?

I would consider the possibility that these issues might be early indicators that something bigger is wrong. You should probably send it in.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    5-1 7k moderate
    5-2 7k easy
    5-3 11k easy
    5-4 rest
    5-5 7k moderate
    5-6 7k moderate
    5-7 7k moderate

May Total: 46k
    May Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k

2020 Total through April: 700k

Sunny, low 40s F with just a light breeze from the southwest. Much more pleasant than yesterday. Even better news is it looks like Friday and Saturday's snow might pass south of us.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Yeah for the new shoes and nice run!

@hanlonsk Hahaha about the RC car. That's a new one. Glad the child didn't pilot it in front of you and make you trip. That would have been my worry.

@eleanorhawkins Glad Hal was proud of you.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A lighter planned week for miles is fortunately intersecting with a intense week of work. Beginning the day at 4:30 AM, working for a few hours, and then going out for a run. It's a nice way to break up the day and clear my head. It's going to be weird going back to work and then just staying in the office for the whole day (although it will be at least mid-June before I have to worry about that). :p

5/1: 2m
    5/2: 8m
    5/3: 18m
    5/4: 1.75m
    5/5: 5m
    5/6: 5m
    5/7: 5m
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    5/1 – 3
    5/2 – 3
    5/3 – 3
    5/4 – 3
    5/5 – 0
    5/6 – 2
    5/7 - 4

18 of 50 miles

@hanlonsk EVERYDAY that would make me insane.

Thanks for all the kind words on Champ, he got out this morning and took off OMG Dog I just ran 4 miles STOP and wait for me ha ha He got back to a fenced area I had to jump over a barbwire fence to get to him of course he saw Skip and ran right to her. Ha ha The upswing is the area he ran to is a huge mansion by me and their entire property is fenced in so he couldn’t get out. He is learning.

Races:
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach