Options

Replies

• SweetRollz
    SweetRollz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    svenena wrote: »
    SweetRollz wrote: »
    Day 15 done! 15 more to go!

Did the day off help? I had a rubbish day on Saturday, struggled with everything, so I took yesterday off and felt ready to give it my all again today.

No, I made the mistake of weighing myself and i had lost zero pounds, that lead to a weekend off instead of a day! Back on track, im sure I'll have a woosh.. scale isnt everything I feel the difference in my body!
  • svenena
    svenena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 day 9 today, and completed through everything again (just!), so yesterday wasn't a fluke :D I'm already getting nervous about what level 3 has in store for me!
    SweetRollz wrote: »
    No, I made the mistake of weighing myself and i had lost zero pounds, that lead to a weekend off instead of a day! Back on track, im sure I'll have a woosh.. scale isnt everything I feel the difference in my body!

Oops! Well done for getting back on it though. Scales absolutely aren't everything, and I don't think you can expect to lose loads in a month anyway (and it hasn't even been a month yet). Are you tracking your calories too?
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 day 9 today, and completed through everything again (just!), so yesterday wasn't a fluke :D I'm already getting nervous about what level 3 has in store for me!

I actually found level 3 easier than level 2! Good luck!

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be shoulder day. Could not really push through the injury. Abs instead. 150 35lb stability ball pullovers. 50 Romanian Squats 70 lbs. No cardio today.
  • svenena
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Gosh, that's a relief, thanks! I really feel like level 2 is at the limit of what I can do. Starting level 3 tomorrow!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Yesterday was chest day. Measurements today. A bit hohum. No change. A bit leaner on bodyfat. Rinse and repeat for next week.
  • NuAnderson
    NuAnderson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Gosh, that's a relief, thanks! I really feel like level 2 is at the limit of what I can do. Starting level 3 tomorrow!

I agree that level 3 is easier. I hated all the planks in level 2 😀
  • svenena
    Options
    NuAnderson wrote: »
    Hello hello guys. So today i finished day 5 level 3 and decided to take pictures to compare my results so far. I felt so embarrassed to share the before pictures but here goes nothing.
    On the other side, I feel proud with the progress. Though My arms seem not responding well to the workouts, don't know why 😭
    Well .. overall, i lost total 37 cms or 14.5 inches and only 5 kgs/11 pounds 🤷🏻‍♀️

what do you think??

Arms: -6cm
    Lower Abs: -10cm
    Waist: -14cm
    Legs: -7cm

That's awesome, well done! I can definitely see the difference, especially around your stomach. And you've lost 6cm off your arms, which sounds like a good response to me!

I'm a similar kind of size to you, but my arms have LOADS of excess fat (more than you!), which I find really gross. I'm worried about ending up with saggy skin there.

I completed level 3 day 4 today. I am also starting to notice a subtle difference around my stomach area, but I'm going to wait until the end until I take pictures, hopefully for maximum effect.

I'm already starting to think about what I'm going to do next, with less than a week left to go of this. I'm torn between doing it over again, trying Jillian's ripped in 30, or doing something else. I definitely want to do another month of almost daily workouts though, to try and make it a habit. It's also easier to find the time while we're still in lockdown.
  • BayleyBear512
    BayleyBear512 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found this thread. I've been doing the 30DS as well. I just did day 29 today!! I started at the end of March, so it wasn't a perfect 30 day streak but I'm really proud of myself either way.

I'm planning on starting Ripped in 30 after the shred. About four years ago I went through 30DS and RI30 back to back and it put me in the best shape of my life. I'm really trying to get back to that. I turn 25 this month and not feeling so hot about myself :/, staying home all the time has not helped . I want to come out of this quarantine looking smokin' hot! 😂
  • NuAnderson
    Options
    Hello hello guys. So today i finished day 5 level 3 and decided to take pictures to compare my results so far. I felt so embarrassed to share the before pictures but here goes nothing.
    On the other side, I feel proud with the progress. Though My arms seem not responding well to the workouts, don't know why 😭
    Well .. overall, i lost total 37 cms or 14.5 inches and only 5 kgs/11 pounds 🤷🏻‍♀️

what do you think??

Arms: -6cm
    Lower Abs: -10cm
    Waist: -14cm
    Legs: -7cm

That's awesome, well done! I can definitely see the difference, especially around your stomach. And you've lost 6cm off your arms, which sounds like a good response to me!

I'm a similar kind of size to you, but my arms have LOADS of excess fat (more than you!), which I find really gross. I'm worried about ending up with saggy skin there.

I completed level 3 day 4 today. I am also starting to notice a subtle difference around my stomach area, but I'm going to wait until the end until I take pictures, hopefully for maximum effect.

I'm already starting to think about what I'm going to do next, with less than a week left to go of this. I'm torn between doing it over again, trying Jillian's ripped in 30, or doing something else. I definitely want to do another month of almost daily workouts though, to try and make it a habit. It's also easier to find the time while we're still in lockdown.

Thank you ❤️ After a lot of searching, I found out that arms are one of the most stubborn areas and dont lose fat easily. So keep training and dont give up.

I dont know what to do either after the shred. Won't take another round of it. So, maybe I can start with ripped, insanity or something else from those famous YouTube videos. Didnt make up my mind yet.
  • NuAnderson
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found this thread. I've been doing the 30DS as well. I just did day 29 today!! I started at the end of March, so it wasn't a perfect 30 day streak but I'm really proud of myself either way.

I'm planning on starting Ripped in 30 after the shred. About four years ago I went through 30DS and RI30 back to back and it put me in the best shape of my life. I'm really trying to get back to that. I turn 25 this month and not feeling so hot about myself :/, staying home all the time has not helped . I want to come out of this quarantine looking smokin' hot! 😂

Yep that's a good plan 😂 I didnt try ripped before, is it as much effective as the shred?
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Fat is lost by eating in deficit.
    Muscle is built with strength training. Heavy or light weights.
    Cardio strengthens heart and lungs.

Muscle helps raise metabolism and burns fat as it recovers.
    Slow steady state cardio burns fat but only while exercising. Not like muscle which burns it all day long.
    HIIT cardio uses carb to burn. Helps maintain a caloric deficit that day.

In other words we can tone up a body part but cannot control where the fat comes off. I've learned this thoroughly try to get rid of the love handles that remain.... 😎
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Ive just started a challenge thread for ripped in 30 days ive just done week 1 day 1 today
  • NuAnderson
    Options
    KHMcG wrote: »
    Fat is lost by eating in deficit.
    Muscle is built with strength training. Heavy or light weights.
    Cardio strengthens heart and lungs.

Muscle helps raise metabolism and burns fat as it recovers.
    Slow steady state cardio burns fat but only while exercising. Not like muscle which burns it all day long.
    HIIT cardio uses carb to burn. Helps maintain a caloric deficit that day.

In other words we can tone up a body part but cannot control where the fat comes off. I've learned this thoroughly try to get rid of the love handles that remain.... 😎

Well said 👏👏👏
  • svenena
    Options
    When I woke up this morning I had been dreaming that I was doing the shred. Was pretty bummed out to find out I had to do those supermans "again".

Level 3 day 5 complete for me.
  • BayleyBear512
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Finished today! I'm trying to figure out how to upload my progress pics on here. It keeps saying upload failed? Anyways, here is a link. I'm really embarrassed to post these but I know I rely on other people's success to keep going, so hope this helps! Stay strong everyone!

https://i.postimg.cc/JhhNbRfN/IMG-2020-05-07-16-10-20-1.jpg
  • BayleyBear512
    Options

Yep that's a good plan 😂 I didnt try ripped before, is it as much effective as the shred?

Yes! In my opinion it's better to do 30DS before RI30 only because RI30 is slightly harder, but not by much. There are 4 levels instead of 3, so more variety overall because you only do each level for about 7 days instead of 10. She introduces more moves but also utilizes familiar ones. Doing them back to back will definitely get you in shape. I lost 25 pounds last time I went through this. Unfortunately, over 4 years I've put back on some. So here we go again 🙄😅
  • BayleyBear512
    Options
    hnyzthms wrote: »

Ive just started a challenge thread for ripped in 30 days ive just done week 1 day 1 today

I just joined it. I'll be starting RI30 tomorrow!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Finished today! I'm trying to figure out how to upload my progress pics on here. It keeps saying upload failed? Anyways, here is a link. I'm really embarrassed to post these but I know I rely on other people's success to keep going, so hope this helps! Stay strong everyone!

https://i.postimg.cc/JhhNbRfN/IMG-2020-05-07-16-10-20-1.jpg

Amazing job, I see a big difference! I wish I had taken before and after photos, but I was halfway through the shred before thinking about it, and then didn't do it. It looks like you've become a lot smaller and "tighter" if that's the right word for it. Well done!

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Well I'm done too.

I won't post a before after. But I went from 9% BF to 8% BF this month. Kept most of my size. Leg Recomp.

My main activation was what I ate. I did add significantly more leg work and did less cardio.