60 yrs and up

Replies

• lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning everyone!! Another sunny day!!! We are supposed to get up into the 80s. I played in my neighbors yard yesterday. Got a flower bed ready for calla lillies Lilly’s poppy’s daliahs. Will plant those this morning. Then be in my yard mowing and weed whacking . I need to power wash my patio I have to get psyched up for that!!! I think I will start on the flower bed for my irises today. Everyone have a really great day!!! 🤓💖🌷🦋🌹
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Any peony lovers?? Have you seen the "bowl of love" peony?? I want to see one in real life.

Love peonies, full of childhood memories. I've got 6 white in the front yard...my grandsons call them the "ant flowers" though......

We have peonies in the back yard. Flowers are forming but no blooms yet. They usually are in full bloom around Memorial Day here in Idaho.

@n2gardens56 - I'm a bit envious of your nearby mountain trail. I'd be hard pressed to stop hiking there. Have you considered some snake-proof pants and boots?
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    @alteredsteve175: love your lab, reminds me of our lab, Toby. I've got pictures of him in the very same pose! He's gone now, but he was my favorite and seeing your pic brings the smiles!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    Hello everyone, I love reading what ya'll doing. I'm not a yard/planting/growing pretty plants/produce person, but I am kind of excited that besides the mint I have been growing & using for our green juice I make, I planted a potato that had growth coming out of it & now there's a plant where I planted it. Can any of you green thumbs tell me what to look for? I only planted one, might I get a small crop out of it? Should I plant more? I am ready to start up weight loss again!! I've started logging again about a week ago but got very frustrated with lack of exercise. MY main exercise was walking at a pretty good pace. I walked about 2 miles in the morning with about 6,000 steps but since my Eleanor dog hasn't been well, I can't do that & yes I do need to take a dog with me. She goes to the vet on the 13th for a recheck but in the meantime I need to figure something out. My body is missing working out. One of our son's has a pool, but I can't swim due to the pain in my right arm, or lift weights or any arm exercise, can't walk like I use to(see above) gym in still closed & even if they open today, I'm staying away for a while. Too hot to ride my bike plus husband has to see whats wrong with it, I'm burned out doing videos, so I'm looking into buying an exercise bike. I like to think things through before I decide. I do have a large exercise ball in the closet. I loved using that in gym class so will look for it today. There must be some videos to use that with. I prefer cardio.I'm sure I wouldn't feel as depressed or tired from nothing if I can get up a good sweat/heart rate.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    @alteredsteve175: love your lab, reminds me of our lab, Toby. I've got pictures of him in the very same pose! He's gone now, but he was my favorite and seeing your pic brings the smiles!

Thank you, Teresa. Be aware - Daisy is a Chesapeake Bay retriever. She is reasonably smart for a dog, but she can't read, so I won't tell her you called her a Labrador. HAHA! 😆

She likes to be underfoot in the house - I took that photo and then shooed her out of the kitchen.

Are you planning to get another dog?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :)I have a recumbent exercise bike in my living room facing the TV so I can watch and ride. If there is nothing I want to watch, I listen to a podcast or an audio book so I am entertained while being active.
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning! How ya all doing! I am doing good. I had a nice little surprise yesterday. I wear a tool belt to hold my tools etc. I put it on in the second hole I was walking and it fell off!! I had to put it in the third hole!!! Last year I couldn’t get it around to the first hole. That was cool. And I am down a pound. Going in the right direction again. Everyone have a really good day today. You can guess where I’ll be! 🤓🌹💖🦋🌷
  • Mike0327
    Mike0327 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Started the program a few years ago and dropped it, but just signed up again and just completed Week 1. Glad to be aboard.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Hi! Been journaling with MFP for a few years now. Has helped me from gaining weight. Since being quarantined I have been zoom working out with my daughter everday! Has been a lifesaver! And actually have lost a size😀
  • trekkie123
    colmbrown wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm a 64-year-old male and have just started working with this app. Wish me luck...
    Hi all, I'm a 64-year-old male and have just started working with this app. Wish me luck...

Good luck
  • trekkie123
    Mike0327 wrote: »
    Hi! Started the program a few years ago and dropped it, but just signed up again and just completed Week 1. Glad to be aboard.

Good luck!
  • trekkie123
    Good luck!
  • MerryJohnson
    MerryJohnson Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning all from South GA! I am 62 and recently retired. I am a "returnee" to MFP. I used the program several years ago and was successful. Got completely off track in the last few years. My new life starts with My Fitness Pal, Leslie Sansone, and lots and lots of water😁 I have not been active at all and need to change that. Leslie Sansone's Start! Walking At Home DVDs are awesome. I'm able to walk at anytime right in my own livingroom. My main goal now is to become fit and healthier in my old age and, if I end up looking HOT, it is an added bonus😂 Good luck to everyone on your weight-loss/fitness goals!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    Added Fiton app this week as it said it was free loads of exercises completed 4 so far this week just need to drink more water.
  • Lynne4RH
    Lynne4RH Posts: 13 Member
    Good morning, I'm entering Week 2 to an online FP4H group meeting and getting adjusted to tracking based on food groups vs. calories and meals only. It is helping me to see the light and be more mindful and to also encourage "fresh" eating vs. processed foods. Hope all mom's have a wonderful blessed Mother's Day today!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) Good Morning. It will be warm again today. I'm walking at 7 with a friend and the dogs and walking again at 9:30 with another friend, but no dogs.

<3 Barbie
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    zh2ga27c9oj7.jpg

I hope those of you who are mother's have a wonderful day <3

Special shout out to my friends <3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @Lynne4RH What is FP4H?
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Hi all, finally checking in. Welcome to all our new joins and wishing you success. Been a little to distanced, even from myself some days and seem to be able to stay in the green only 6 days a week. On my over 1200 day I eat healthy, just more calories than movement so not much weight coming off. This will get better, it's been over eight weeks alone now staying safe. I simply love all the positive posts on this thread, reading about your days in the garden, with your activities and beloved pets. This week the weather will be more seasonal and I'll be able to spend time on the deck again. We've had one confirmed case in the building which makes me feel better for limiting my time out of my apartment to very infrequently. Over the week-end a drive by Mother's Day Parade was arranged as well as a nice gift card and tote bag filled with healthy non-perishables for each of us seniors in the building. I have so much to be grateful for and appreciate all the good things this pandemic has created.
    Stay safe and enjoy today.
    Friend Hugs. Om.....
  • wrigs631
    wrigs631 Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me I will be 60 in a few months I have 30 lbs to get rid of