What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    jelleigh wrote: »
    I just finished Whole 30 and 1 round of 21 Day Fix and I'm down 11 inches this month! I don't know if that's a lot or a normal change for a months work, but I'm happy! I've decided to extend my Whole 30 for another 15 days at least and then I will actually weigh in but overall I:
    - Am sleeping great and waking up before my alarm feeling rested
    - have consistent energy throughout the day
    - have broke my food cravings. Seriously amazing- my husband opened a bag of chips next to me (normally my kyrptonite) and I had no desire for them!
    - had way less pms / TOM issues
    - essentially has cut out all bloating

I have been interested to try this. Did you change calorie intake at all?
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    I just finished Whole 30 and 1 round of 21 Day Fix and I'm down 11 inches this month! I don't know if that's a lot or a normal change for a months work, but I'm happy! I've decided to extend my Whole 30 for another 15 days at least and then I will actually weigh in but overall I:
    - have broke my food cravings. Seriously amazing- my husband opened a bag of chips next to me (normally my kyrptonite) and I had no desire for them!

I have been interested to try this. Did you change calorie intake at all?

Hey @alexmose so one of the "rules" to the program is not to track your intake otherwise, and not to weigh or measure yourself for the whole month. I think the concept is to try to get people to understand and respond appropriately to hunger signs, stopping when full, and focusing on health and her they feel etc instead of numbers. So I can't tell you exactly what I was at for the month because I didnt weigh my food. Out of curiosity, I did track some days of intake to see where my macros were at and generally I was averaging my suggested intake of 1400. (Some days were 1800, some were 1200 etc depending on the day). I know it's possible to overeat even within this stricter WOE, but for me I have always lost far more successfully following this than other WOE. (Side note : Whole 30 is not marketed as a weight loss program - it's just that many end up losing while eating this way) Just a personality preference I guess - Im better following a strict program to "get into the swing of things" and kick start good habits. One big benefit is that it breaks my cravings for foods that historically I can't just eat in moderation (chips). So once the unreasonable cravings are home, I AM able to have some in a more reasonable and controlled way. Just my experience. The program isn't meant to be followed long term but I'm going to do it for maybe 45 or 60 days and then switch to a Paleo style diet which is essentially a more relaxed version. I'm enjoying the food and not finding it too hard.

Typically I will lose 9-12 lbs per month (probably 3-5 lbs is water weight) when I do a Whole 30. Based on how my clothes fit, I would say that's what I lost this round but will check officially at the end of the month.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member

My friend did this and did really well. It is a bit strict for me but whatever works. I do low carb, 100gr or less and that is my thing. But I do have cravings at times.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!