60 yrs and up

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)j29t, It's good to hear from you. Staying safe has to be a the top of the list. I am able to get outdoors more than you because of the nature of my housing and neighborhood but I am so careful. I admire your willingness and effort to stay safe even though it's challenging. What a nice thought of parade and goodie bag for Mother's Day. Gratitude is a great solution for whatever is going on.

:)wrigs631 I interact on this thread and one other. Adding friends is not what I do. I hope you'll keep coming back and tell us more about yourself and what's going on in your life.

:) I am 74 years old and lost 50 pounds to get to my goal weight but now a few pounds have crept back and I am renewing my efforts to log food and seek every opportunity to be active.

<3 Barbie
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning everyone! Well the rain and cool temps are back. You know your a Oregonian when you welcome the rain ! Haa! I have things to do in the house. Like rearranging living room and cleaning carpets. What’s everyone up to today? Welcome new people glad your here. Everyone have a great day stay healthy πŸ€“πŸŒΉπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·πŸ’–
  • barbiecat
    :) Same weather here in NW WA so today I will vacuum the house which is long overdue. Took my usual long walk with friend and dogs this morning.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,312 Member
    It's alot cooler here in California too & cloudy. Took Eleanor dog out this morning to a large ponding basin. she loves being off leash. They opened the parks here but not the dog parks, what's up with that? we just drank the last of the green juice I make so think I'll go to store & buy more veggies to make more. I'm making some beef in the crock pot with a yummy slow cook sauce I used before. Besides that I don't know what I'm going to do. It's just the two of us & our dogs/cats so I maintain the house but clean extra things once in a while. cleaned carpet yesterday. Husband tore down housing around water heater (outside) couple days ago so will start rebuilding it tomorrow. He needed couple days to recover from all that work. Tomorrow I will have things to do. Going to work for couple hours (care giving) then have to drive out of town for Elanor's recheck & to wean her off prednisone. I really hate that stuff. He's a really, really good vet but the waiting time is awful. Last time we waited 2hours then another hour after they took Eleanor in.They told me after that she learned to open the doors so she kept getting out of the exam room. You can't go into the building, you wait in parking lot. I'm going to take coffee & a snack this time. I just finished lunch so I'm a little sleepy. I've been kind of depressed & sleepy in afternoons & don't know what to do with myself, it kind of over takes me. I'm thinking what did I do before this lock down? I only work couple days/week so what was different? for one thing no gym, which gave me energy to do more things at home & just felt in happy mood but I didn't go every day so being more active regularly made a difference. I think it's more mental than anything else. When I do want to do something I feel no energy to do it, so it's a viscous cycle. I do have plenty to do at home. Hope everyone has a good day
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Hang in there!
  • marie19781
    marie19781 Posts: 140 Member
    Where in CA? If not too far you can clean my house. Just kidding. Hang in there πŸ˜‰
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey, y'all. Just checking in. A beautiful rainy spring day in Idaho. The first heat wave of the season is right around the corner.

Still walking the dog regularly. Got to get back to lifting some weight, too. Have an awesome day!
  • lindagalbreath577
    Hey everyone! Got my carpets cleaned!! Took me 2 days but it’s done. Woo Hoo!! Living room rearranged too. Still raining here so will do fun stuff in the craft room tomorrow. Have a good night stay safe!πŸ’–πŸŒ·πŸ¦‹πŸŒΉπŸ€“
  • barbiecat
    :)Linda, congrats on getting your carpet cleaned. Vacuuming was about as much as I could handle. Today going to the grocery store was my big adventure.

<3 Barbie
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2020
    Good morning 60 & uppers :) I pray y'all are well and keeping on keeping on :smiley: I have been having a time with different issues. I recently upped my caloric intake as I was at a plateau and was told I wasn't eating enough. I never thought I'd hear anyone say that to me :blush:

barbiecat I wanted to get the vacuuming done, but all I got done was dusting the tile and hardwood floors and washing a load of throw rugs. That was enough for me for one day : ;)
    lindagalbreath577 I wish I had your energy :( I want to get my livingroom cleaned thoroughly and rearrange the furniture, but with my back I have to go slowly. Does all this carpet cleaning and moving furniture mean you have your garden and all the neighbors done? LOL
    alteredsteve175 Lift some weight for me, please. Sometimes I can hardly get my cast iron skillet onto the stove top B)
    marie19781and trekkie123 Hello and welcome :smiley:
    Evamutt How did the soup turn out :p I find myself having to push because of lack of energy or initiative. Don't feel badly, I think it is just age (for me anyway) Besides it hasn't been long since you suffered a loss (((hug))) I'll say a prayer for you o:)
    wrigs631 and Lynne4RH Hello and welcome :smiley:
    MerryJohnson and Mike0327 Hello and welcome... maybe I need to come in more often :blush:
    teresadannar Really good to see you, how ya doin'?
    lynettekay1957 and colmbrown Hello and welcome :smiley:
    annliz23 How's the losing, gardening and moving going? Well, I hope :)

Have a blessed day everyone :)

Special shout out to my friends <3
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Evamutt wrote: Β»
    It's alot cooler here in California too & cloudy. Took Eleanor dog out this morning to a large ponding basin. she loves being off leash. They opened the parks here but not the dog parks, what's up with that? we just drank the last of the green juice I make so think I'll go to store & buy more veggies to make more. I'm making some beef in the crock pot with a yummy slow cook sauce I used before. Besides that I don't know what I'm going to do. It's just the two of us & our dogs/cats so I maintain the house but clean extra things once in a while. cleaned carpet yesterday. Husband tore down housing around water heater (outside) couple days ago so will start rebuilding it tomorrow. He needed couple days to recover from all that work. Tomorrow I will have things to do. Going to work for couple hours (care giving) then have to drive out of town for Elanor's recheck & to wean her off prednisone. I really hate that stuff. He's a really, really good vet but the waiting time is awful. Last time we waited 2hours then another hour after they took Eleanor in.They told me after that she learned to open the doors so she kept getting out of the exam room. You can't go into the building, you wait in parking lot. I'm going to take coffee & a snack this time. I just finished lunch so I'm a little sleepy. I've been kind of depressed & sleepy in afternoons & don't know what to do with myself, it kind of over takes me. I'm thinking what did I do before this lock down? I only work couple days/week so what was different? for one thing no gym, which gave me energy to do more things at home & just felt in happy mood but I didn't go every day so being more active regularly made a difference. I think it's more mental than anything else. When I do want to do something I feel no energy to do it, so it's a viscous cycle. I do have plenty to do at home. Hope everyone has a good day

Hang in there is strange times!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Good morning 60 & uppers :) I pray y'all are well and keeping on keeping on :smiley: I have been having a time with different issues. I recently upped my caloric intake as I was at a plateau and was told I wasn't eating enough. I never thought I'd hear anyone say that to me :blush:

barbiecat I wanted to get the vacuuming done, but all I got done was dusting the tile and hardwood floors and washing a load of throw rugs. That was enough for me for one day : ;)
    lindagalbreath577 I wish I had your energy :( I want to get my livingroom cleaned thoroughly and rearrange the furniture, but with my back I have to go slowly. Does all this carpet cleaning and moving furniture mean you have your garden and all the neighbors done? LOL
    alteredsteve175 Lift some weight for me, please. Sometimes I can hardly get my cast iron skillet onto the stove top B)
    marie19781and trekkie123 Hello and welcome :smiley:
    Evamutt How did the soup turn out :p I find myself having to push because of lack of energy or initiative. Don't feel badly, I think it is just age (for me anyway) Besides it hasn't been long since you suffered a loss (((hug))) I'll say a prayer for you o:)
    wrigs631 and Lynne4RH Hello and welcome :smiley:
    MerryJohnson and Mike0327 Hello and welcome... maybe I need to come in more often :blush:
    teresadannar Really good to see you, how ya doin'?
    lynettekay1957 and colmbrown Hello and welcome :smiley:
    annliz23 How's the losing, gardening and moving going? Well, I hope :)

Have a blessed day everyone :)

Special shout out to my friends <3

Weight loss zero but found a good exercise plan that seems to be good for my hips so that's a plus, I was thinking of upping my calories too, let me know if it works for you.
    Keep going everyone!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,312 Member
    Hello everyone, I feel SO much better today!!! I didn't realize how much my sweet Eleanor dog not being well was weighing me down (plus losing Shirley dog on top of that) yesterday me & husband took her to vet & got xrays & labs. She has pneumonia again (had it last July)& her heart is enlarge a little. She's on antibiotics & is expected to recover. They said to bring her back in 2 months to get xray of her heart to look for changes. They think it's genetic & they can give Meds for it. She's been fine with her heart as long as we've had her (17 months) but it explains why she only runs/plays a short time & needs to rest. She's the sweetest GSD ever!! WE love her so much.She just has to recover & be okay with her heart. I'm so relieved to get to the bottom of it, I'm so happy
  • barbiecat
    :)<3Evamutt, so glad that there is a treatment for Eleanor and some stress relief for you

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Good morning, all. Lifted yesterday - a nice and easy start to strengthen some tender lower back muscles. Feeling fine this morning, so that was the right choice.

Planning a couple of long walks with the pup. Have an awesome weekend, y'all!
  • barbiecat
    :) My days seem to be the same so there's nothing interesting to write about except that we decided on Thursday that we would have a tech from the cable company come and replace the cable boxes. One had no power and the other had malfunctioned last winter. The boxes are nine years old which is ancient in the tech world. We had to be available all day but the tech arrived on Friday at 4:30 and wore a mask and kept his distance from us and we wore masks and now we have new cable boxes.

<3 Barbie
  • Song91
    Song91 Posts: 3 Member
    Anyone around this group lately? I'd love to connect! Previously was very active and lost a lot of weight (s-l-o-w-l-y) with MFP as a great resource. Then over the past couple of years, knee and back issues flaring up really knocked me off course. So I'm very glad to be back and am hoping to meet others!
  • lindagalbreath577
    Hey song91 welcome!! People here are very nice. It’s a bit quiet on the weekend here. But we like to talk during the week! Glad your here! Have a good weekend πŸ€“πŸŒΉπŸ¦‹πŸŒ·πŸ’–
  • Lynne4RH
    Lynne4RH Posts: 13 Member
    If you heard a scream all the way from Southern MD, not a worry, it was just me! I was inputting my food diary and looked down and promptly saw a big ole spider crawling up towards my chest on my robe. Nothing like finding a spider crawling up on you to get the ole heart rate going! Ohmygoodness!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    Hi, Song91 (and others new whom I might've missed greeting - apologies!), and welcome!

Yes, there are people here. I don't post on this thread very often, unless there are questions or topical discussions: I'm leading a very dull (to others) but pleasant (to me) life lately, so not much to report.

As an update on my placid life: Today I went for another walk, a little over 3.5 miles, out through my/near suburbs, seeing only a few people at a distance, despite it being a nice (though mostly cloudy) day, and a weekend. Then I made pizza from scratch for maybe the first time in a couple of decades :lol: : homemade whole wheat crust, sauce with handsful of the fresh oregano just recently up in my yard, plus cheese and lotsa veggies; and for dessert some rhubarb/maple upside-down cake using rhubarb my neighbor (with permission!) planted in my yard.

e00o02n6j5mo.jpg