60 yrs and up

Replies

• 2020shih
    2020shih Posts: 20 Member
    Hi i'm looking for friends 60+ sorry I don't know how to add friends .
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    I don't know how to add friends either.
  • trekkie123
    Looks incredible!
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Good morning MFP friends. Been a member for some time. With all the chaos in the world my friends are preoccupied and my feed gone silent. Looking for friends who eat real food, like to cook and move. I am a fan of real life exercise. The gym a distant memory. Friend me if you'd like. Would enjoy sharing your journey.
  • Lynne4RH
    Lynne4RH Posts: 13 Member
    "When I do want to do something I feel no energy to do it, so it's a viscous cycle. I do have plenty to do at home."

Hi there, read your post and my heart goes out to you, because I found myself in the same rut a week ago. I think my issue was also related to non-stop rain and grey weather, too. Anyhoo, I found making a "list" helped me keep focused and on track to do more, ergo more energy.

Best, and hope everything settles soon.
  • Lynne4RH
    In order to "add friends", you can click on the person's name under their photo and their profile will come up, and it will have an option button "Add Friend." Hope this helps....
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Lynne I tried that and it only allows me to send message. Wrote MFPtech support
    Community
    Find Member
    User name or email
    Search
    Add as Friend
    For me on android tablet this function is only available online version. Also can only see profile online, not in app.

Seems it should be as easy as you say but not for me. I'm practicing today. Hope to meet some of you soon.
  • Lynne4RH
    I know last evening, I got booted off MFP and received an "error notice" they were having issues with their server. It seem slow today, but I thought it was just my Internet, lol. I think I was able to send you an invite or vice versa and accepted your request now.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Greetings all- Count this 62 year-old in! I also am Hashimotos thyroid. Does make it harder but not impossible. I've done well with MFP in the past but unfortunately I gained back and am back. My current goal is around 40 lbs.

Currently I have to wear a walking boot for 4-6 weeks because of an injured tendon so I won't be able to go walking/ride my bike which are my main exercises and also so good for my mental well being- especially in this beautiful spring weather! I'm going to look on-line for some chair exercises. Good luck to all the folks here!
    Jan
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    2020shih wrote: »
    Hi i'm looking for friends 60+ sorry I don't know how to add friends .
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    I don't know how to add friends either.

To add friends on MFP on the computer app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
  • alteredsteve175
    Lynne4RH wrote: »
    I know last evening, I got booted off MFP and received an "error notice" they were having issues with their server. It seem slow today, but I thought it was just my Internet, lol. I think I was able to send you an invite or vice versa and accepted your request now.

All the new users should know - glitches and errors are very common with the MFP app. Don't give up if you aren't able to post some days. It's a pain in the *kitten*, but the mutual support and encouragement you get here is worth the frustration.
  • trekkie123
    Thanks forthe tips!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    I aim to make this week count so here goes - more exercise, cut back on bread and wear skirts!
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning all! Ann that pizza looks good! Lynne I bet that was quite a scare! I thought I heard something from a distance ! Haa! I hope everyone had a good weekend. It’s raining here supposed to rain all week. So I am doing some painting. Refreshing my yard decor. And am going to dot art some rocks. Trying to be active . Not doing very good staying on tract. But today is a new day. Will do better today. Take care and have a blessed day.🤓🌹🦋🌷💖
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) 9600 steps walked, next is a shower, then time to plant zucchini
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    7sorok that was too funny!!!!😂😂 thank you for the laugh!!
  • njag6393
    njag6393 Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2020
    Crazy weather here in Va. warm a few days then chilly and wet. Plants are getting confused.
  • trekkie123
    Confused in New Jersey too!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    Unusual amount of rain in the desert in Idaho, too. Everything will be green for a few days when the sun returns. ☀️💐