What's on your mind?

Replies

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Frustrated scrolling through the forums and reading some of the comments left by people today.

Wondering if it’s just difficult for some people to be kind or respectful? Or if some people actually enjoy being mean-spirited towards complete strangers?

I can maybe understand/forgive the former but the latter is pathetic and makes me sad 😕

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but have some common sense and tact. You don’t know what the person on the other side of the screen is going through, and we’re all going through some trying times right now 🤷‍♀️

I’m sorry. I’ll be kinder. 🙁

Hahaha, you just keep doing you my dear 😊❤️
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Frustrated scrolling through the forums and reading some of the comments left by people today.

Wondering if it’s just difficult for some people to be kind or respectful? Or if some people actually enjoy being mean-spirited towards complete strangers?

I can maybe understand/forgive the former but the latter is pathetic and makes me sad 😕

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but have some common sense and tact. You don’t know what the person on the other side of the screen is going through, and we’re all going through some trying times right now 🤷‍♀️

You love me, don’t you? 😏
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member

Her family doctor strongly advised her against that 🙁
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member

Her family doctor strongly advised her against that 🙁

😆 Nonsense, I know how to fake sanity.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

You've been in the fitness forums haven't you 😂

the best comedy is based in truth.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I honestly think some people do it just to get a reaction out of you. They know it affects people and they have a malicious intent to hurt others. It's rare when I let things from the internet affect me and I'm not gonna lie, it has happened once or twice to me but its because I feel at my lowest on that day. Anyway, main point... Don't let them get to you. Without your reaction, they are nothing.

th?id=OGC.6710e2a6fb62893bcaba1a1efd971fd9&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fQqaqxAyIPOfBK%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=7UAotcOwJTJxqiR83JfhwM4QYjmJUe5urNOTewdnS40%3d

• terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member

I honestly think some people do it just to get a reaction out of you. They know it affects people and they have a malicious intent to hurt others. It's rare when I let things from the internet affect me and I'm not gonna lie, it has happened once or twice to me but its because I feel at my lowest on that day. Anyway, main point... Don't let them get to you. Without your reaction, they are nothing.

I 100% agree with you, and am the same way. I’ve been around here long enough not to let other people’s opinions, comments and “disagrees” affect me negatively, and can usually just roll my eyes and let it go. It more frustrates me when I see it happening to people who are new here, and trying to get their footing. What a horrible thing to do to someone, especially when they’re just starting out!

I’ve been hungover and exhausted all day. Maybe I’m just being overly sensitive, I dunno 🤷‍♀️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    My little girl screams so loud she can literally cause the matrix to glitch 😬
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Hearts - well spoken
    ...yes, and yes
    and even not in "these times" but in general- a basic friggin respect, empathy, sympathy for a totally different life from yours
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Excellent point! They are only looking for a reaction - and if you don't give one, they "lose"
    I have to practice this better:heart:
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    What if this is what happiness looks like?
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Literally have laid in bed awake for 2 hours.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited May 2020
    I can’t post a picture on my wall, my friend list has disappeared again, videos posted in the forums don’t connect. If this keeps up I’ll have to start getting my validation in the real world.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    I can’t post a picture on my wall, my friend list has disappeared again, videos posted in the forums don’t connect. If this keeps up I’ll gave to start getting my validation in the real world.

hey
  • TwitchyMacGee
    iMago wrote: »
    I can’t post a picture on my wall, my friend list has disappeared again, videos posted in the forums don’t connect. If this keeps up I’ll gave to start getting my validation in the real world.

hey

Thank you ❤️
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    I tried an avocado with rice recipe and it went horrible
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    I can’t post a picture on my wall, my friend list has disappeared again, videos posted in the forums don’t connect. If this keeps up I’ll have to start getting my validation in the real world.

seao18qeksb5.gif