Coronavirus prep

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    kushiel1 wrote: »
    I've been reading this post for awhile now and a few things occurred to me. Regardless of people's politics or whatever, something I've noticed both here and on social media in general is that anyone who doesn't do what the vocal people (for me both sides of this have valid points) are insulted, called ignorant, stupid, called out personally and generally. It seems to me that the side that wants people to continue to shelter in place, wear masks, social distance long past when the other half no longer wants to that NOT insulting those people would be a good way to start. The more people are insulted or harassed the more they are going to want to do what they want anyway. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar after all.

The point of the lockdown was to slow the spread, there is no way to stop it altogether unless/until there's a vaccine which isn't likely any time soon. Nicely encouraging people to social distance or wear a mask instead of calling them out or insulting them is likely to work much better...and the same is true in reverse. It seems to me that a large number of people forget that kindness goes a long way - on both sides.

Good points @kushiel1 . I think there were more than a few that thought the lock down was going to keep them from getting COVID-19. From the get go the medical community said the virus would effect most everyone in the world. As you stated the lock down was to protect the healthcare system from being overloaded like it was in NYC.

When the two hospital ships left from NYC and CA it was clear that the lock down had worked and as we read the masses got the message and headed to the beaches of the USA. On the positive side there the millions that have developed antibodies that should help to keep the post lock down spike less than the initial spike.

During the lock down one area hospital turned the one floor into a negative pressure area for COVID-19 patients which helps to protect the patients and staff so a lot of prep got done and now they are ready for more COVID-19 cases but so far they are not materializing as expected so they are back to doing surgeries and routine medical care so the hospital is forced to close due to the huge negative COVID-19 cash flow.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    https://thediplomat.com/2020/02/covid-19-dr-zhong-nanshan-is-in/

Did anyone catch this doctor talking about covid19 a few minutes ago. Not only is he brilliant and smart, at age 84, his fitness level is inspiring. I'll have whatever he's having. Muscle mass is not overrated. I wonder what kind of food protocol he's doing. Can't find much more about him on the innertube. I can see why he bolsters confidence with his health regimen.