60 yrs and up

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Crazy weather in Iowa also!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) zucchini planted, garden watered, dogs walked, another good day happening.
  • lynnchristy
    lynnchristy Posts: 75 Member
    Good night 60 & uppers :) Just wanted to pop in for a quick howdy before going to bed. I was confused about our weather also, but it seems that it is starting to make more sense the last few days YAY

Hello and welcome to all the newbies :smiley: Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to :)

annliz23, nothing happening in the weight dept. as yet :'( I hate plateaux, they are a pain in the behind :|

Have a blessed night's rest and sweet dreams all :smiley:

Special shout out to my friends <3

• lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Good morning everyone! How ya all doing? I am good. We had to look for another Jeep ours is on the way out. Hubby found a nice one so we are going to sign papers and drive it home. So all that said I had a reason to dress up a little. I can still wear my jeans!! I haven’t had jeans on since this virus started! Woo hoo! Well everyone have a great day!🤓💖🌹🌷🦋
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Congrats Linda! Jeep AND Jeans! Major accomplishment during quarantining. Brava!
  • marie19781
    marie19781 Posts: 139 Member
    Trekkie123
    Where in Jersey do you live? Exit 2.
  • lindagalbreath577
    lindagalbreath577 Posts: 75 Member
    Thank you trekkie123 ! Welcome ash! We have a good group here! And thank you! 🤓
  • trekkie123
    A small beach town right outside of Atlantic City.
  • trekkie123
    Exit 2 on the turnpike? Then you will know where I am😉
  • barbiecat
    :)Linda, congrats on the Jeep. I wondered who was buying the vehicles that are endlessly advertised on TV.

:) Welcome to anyone who is new on this thread. It helps me to check in with like minded people. It keeps me on track each day.

:) I had a great walk in the sunshine with my friend and the dogs but now rain is threatening. I'm hoping it will hold off long enough for me to walk the dogs this afternoon and then pull weeds for awhile. Then I'll welcome the rain to water my plants.

:) I am very grateful for my recumbent exercise bike that allows me to be active indoors even when we have rain.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,310 Member
    Hello all, welcome to new comers, I still feel like a new comer myself. I like reading all your posts but there's nothing much new here so I don't post much. A few things are new: husband built a new enclosure for our water heater which is attached to the side of our house outside. I can't believe he did it all in one day. He's very handy & can do just about everything but doesn't do as much as before due to getting older & more achy. He hates to paint so I'm going to paint it. Still have some left over paint from our house. The next thing will be to put a new fence up facing the street. It's ok, but needs a face lift. Next week by Monday the summer is starting...102 degrees, UGH. Every year I try to find something new or do something different to stay cooler. This winter we put a curtain with backing in our kitchen going out to back yard. There's a small "hallway" between the doorway & outside door where our pantry is. The doggie door is getting worn out & lets in air. It made a big different so we got a nicer looking "curtain" that's made for this with the magnets that close up the middle. We had to move our pantry food from there due to the heat so I cleaned out couple book shelves in our built in cabinet in living room & moved the pantry food there. One of our son's gave us a bigger/newer window air conditioner for the kitchen so all that should help & I bought one of those neckless fans lol. I think my gym should open up soon but I'm not going till I feel it's safe but I love the outdoor pool there so I may go just in there, I don't know yet. I'm purposely not mentioning my dogs since I know I talk way too much about them because we lost one, one will be lost this year & the younger one is still getting over pneumonia but it has taken over a lot of my thinking & emotions. I've been doing well on eating deficit for over a week because no matter what happens, I don't want to gain all the 50 lbs back I lost. for the new ppl, I lost 50 lbs, kept it off over a year then gained 10 lbs after I quit smoking & mfp said I need to eat 1200 cal/day to lose 1 lbs/wk, which is way too little for me so I set it at 1/2 lb wk for 1500 cal but I was so used to eating 1777 to maintain so it's been difficult plus I gained 4 more lbs during the time I had extremely painful pinched nerve & could do nothing for about 3 weeks then my dog got pneumonia so I couldn't go for my 2 mile walks with her. Sorry this is so long, I'll save the rest for later. Have a good day everyone. I'd love to hear how you're all doing on your eating journey
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hello, y'all. The rain continues in Idaho. Was up in the wooded country today - everything is vibrant green right now. Still managing to walk the dog in between downpours. It will end soon and the hot, dry summer will be upon us.

On a positive note - I went on a family vacation in January. Eat, drink and be merry - yada, yada, yada. Weight spiked up a few pounds, as expected. Got back on the program and I am down 13+ pounds in the last 16 weeks. Have been below my June 30 goal once already and will have average trend weight below that goal by that date if I hang in there. Diet has not been as good as it needs to be (still the occasional chocolate binge), but I'll take the progress and keep working on the food intake.
  • barbiecat
    :)Lynne Finding out what you can do is a great plan. It's so easy to blame circumstance for not being active. I wish you a good recovery so you be back on your feet soon.

:)j29t Your vacation sounds delightful and well planned. Enjoy every minute of it.

:) My plans today include the regular dog walking along with an hour of line dancing with my walking friend and take out Chinese food for lunch. I always have broccoli in garlic sauce with brown rice.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello all, welcome to new comers, I still feel like a new comer myself. I like reading all your posts but there's nothing much new here so I don't post much. A few things are new: husband built a new enclosure for our water heater which is attached to the side of our house outside. I can't believe he did it all in one day. He's very handy & can do just about everything but doesn't do as much as before due to getting older & more achy. He hates to paint so I'm going to paint it. Still have some left over paint from our house. The next thing will be to put a new fence up facing the street. It's ok, but needs a face lift. Next week by Monday the summer is starting...102 degrees, UGH. Every year I try to find something new or do something different to stay cooler. This winter we put a curtain with backing in our kitchen going out to back yard. There's a small "hallway" between the doorway & outside door where our pantry is. The doggie door is getting worn out & lets in air. It made a big different so we got a nicer looking "curtain" that's made for this with the magnets that close up the middle. We had to move our pantry food from there due to the heat so I cleaned out couple book shelves in our built in cabinet in living room & moved the pantry food there. One of our son's gave us a bigger/newer window air conditioner for the kitchen so all that should help & I bought one of those neckless fans lol. I think my gym should open up soon but I'm not going till I feel it's safe but I love the outdoor pool there so I may go just in there, I don't know yet. I'm purposely not mentioning my dogs since I know I talk way too much about them because we lost one, one will be lost this year & the younger one is still getting over pneumonia but it has taken over a lot of my thinking & emotions. I've been doing well on eating deficit for over a week because no matter what happens, I don't want to gain all the 50 lbs back I lost. for the new ppl, I lost 50 lbs, kept it off over a year then gained 10 lbs after I quit smoking & mfp said I need to eat 1200 cal/day to lose 1 lbs/wk, which is way too little for me so I set it at 1/2 lb wk for 1500 cal but I was so used to eating 1777 to maintain so it's been difficult plus I gained 4 more lbs during the time I had extremely painful pinched nerve & could do nothing for about 3 weeks then my dog got pneumonia so I couldn't go for my 2 mile walks with her. Sorry this is so long, I'll save the rest for later. Have a good day everyone. I'd love to hear how you're all doing on your eating journey

Thanks for sharing take care of yourself.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,310 Member
    j29t, that's wonderful news!!! Have a most blessed time