17 pounds in 5 weeks

13»

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    seamatt wrote: »
    Thanks a lot, I am in the UK so will be joining one of the British constabularies, and they do have BMI requirements as well as an annual fitness test too. As well as being something I have always wanted to do since I was a kid, the nature of the job and annual fitness tests will help keep me on the health/weight straight and narrow too :smiley:

Good Luck - I know how tough it can be to get in nowadays. Great if you succeed but in case you are unlucky, please don't let it derail your progress :D X
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Congrats -Looks like it's been almost a year since you started the thread....you still losing....met goal...keep it off? Just curious?
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    I lost 17 lbs in 5 weeks before (was not substantially overweight to begin with, 5'6, 150 and went down to 133-134)

Mind you, it was not intentional (I was working a lot) but I ate only one time per day, a huge homemade salad, with some cheese, lots of grilled chicken and other veggies, salsa instead of dressing (my preference) and bread on the side. Have no idea how many calories but would bet it was 1100-1200. I did not work out (and no way could I have with this low of calories).

My advice - it's doable, but would skip or dramatically reduce working out. Working out will only be counterproductive for this quick weight loss and make you tired and hungry all the time.

• lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    OOPS, I see that I"m late to the thread and you already did it. Congrats!!
    lbride wrote: »
    I lost 17 lbs in 5 weeks before (was not substantially overweight to begin with, 5'6, 150 and went down to 133-134)

Mind you, it was not intentional (I was working a lot) but I ate only one time per day, a huge homemade salad, with some cheese, lots of grilled chicken and other veggies, salsa instead of dressing (my preference) and bread on the side. Have no idea how many calories but would bet it was 1100-1200. I did not work out (and no way could I have with this low of calories).

My advice - it's doable, but would skip or dramatically reduce working out. Working out will only be counterproductive for this quick weight loss and make you tired and hungry all the time.

• reecep1234567
    reecep1234567 Posts: 1 Member
    Yeah. It can. I have just done it. Whether or not it works for you I dont know. I am pretty strict with myself. I weighed 14 stone 10 on April 15th. I weighed myself today and I am now 13 stone 7. 40 days it has taken me. I have worked out every single day for 40 days. I run 2.5 miles 4 days a week. Sometimes throw in a 5k if I'm feeling fueled. I stick to 1500-1800 calories. Although I sometimes vary. 4 out of the 7 days I burn between 650 to 800 calories. I regularly burn 300 calories daily through either full body workouts involving ab exercises and push ups. Or weightlifting. It takes commitment man.I'm guessing you are going for a military role with the way you describe your dilemma here. The first week can feel a bit heavy but from there it is smooth sailing. I do sometimes feel hungry but I tell myself to work towards what I want and cope with hunger and cravings.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    I'm also with the people that suggest going low carb to drop the glycogen from your body and this drop water weight. That can often (depending how carby your diet was before) be like 5-7 lbs. That, coupled with a 2 lbs per week deficit would maybe pull it off?